.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

bot rotate bug
Old
  (#1)
publicENEMY

Default bot rotate bug - 24-03-2007

there a very serious bug with podbot mm. some times the bot just rotate in same place without moving and cousing the server a very serious lag (less than 4fps).

is this bug confirmed/known?

thanks.

Re: bot rotate bug
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot rotate bug - 24-03-2007

How many bots You have there? I'm playing with 15 bots and my fps goes down below 40fps only if some smoke grenaded is thrown. Normally it keeps between 47-49fps. It's AMD 2000XP+ 512 MB, GeForce FX5200, WinXP SP2, AMX X 1.76d (All-In-One package). As You can see my PC is not any high performance PC, but regardless of that it seems to be working fine...

Old
  (#3)
publicENEMY

thansk for the reply kwo. apparently, im using backweapon plugins. most likely, thats what couse it. tried disabling it and it works like charm. plus the latest podbotmm is great.

great job kwo.

anyway, if you could make it compatible with cz (crash when any player die), then it would be a real blast! maybe its not bot thing (yapb also crashes), but i tried cz with latest amxmodx and it works like charm. i really dont know what happens.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

I was playing with pb mm on CZ and it was crashing (and I've got died a lot). Try to disable all other mm plugins (run pb mm only) and see if it still happens. Check the version You are using under CZ (with "meta list" command written in the console). It may crash if You are using with CZ pb mm V3B18 (or below). V3B18a and higher is free of the crash bug.

Old
  (#5)
publicENEMY

Default Re: bot rotate bug - 25-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I was playing with pb mm on CZ and it was crashing (and I've got died a lot). Try to disable all other mm plugins (run pb mm only) and see if it still happens. Check the version You are using under CZ (with "meta list" command written in the console). It may crash if You are using with CZ pb mm V3B18 (or below). V3B18a and higher is free of the crash bug.
I did try fresh installing of czero(which i always kept backup) plus fresh installation of podbotmm. it crashed. im using v 18b.

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

But You stil didn't tell me what is the map it's crashing on You and if You disabled everything else pb mm (I mean AMX/ AMX X, StatsMe AdminMod - whatever You have there) to make sure it crashes on You if only pb mm is there (without anything else). Try to delete *pxp and *pvi files in Your podbot\wptdefault folder and try again.

Old
  (#7)
publicENEMY

Quote:
But You stil didn't tell me what is the map it's crashing on You and if You disabled everything else pb mm (I mean AMX/ AMX X, StatsMe AdminMod - whatever You have there) to make sure it crashes on You if only pb mm is there (without anything else). Try to delete *pxp and *pvi files in Your podbot\wptdefault folder and try again.
you were right. ive disable amxmodx altogether and it works. but i really miss amxmodx. seems like amxmodx + podbot + cz not gonna work.

thanks

by the way, whats with the capital Y?

Last edited by publicENEMY; 25-03-2007 at 15:36..

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by publicENEMY View Post
you were right. ive disable amxmodx altogether and it works. but i really miss amxmodx. seems like amxmodx + podbot + cz not gonna work.
Now You can enable Your AMX X, but disable all custom plugins in amxmodx/plugins.ini (by semicolon) and try to load it with default plugins only - then check if it works. If so - step by step add Your custom plugins and try until You narrow the plugin which doesn't like to work with podbot mm. Most than likely it;s backweapon plugin or something like that. If You are using CZERO non-steam - it will crash if You are using CSDM 2.1 (it doesn't support non-steam version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by publicENEMY View Post
by the way, whats with the capital Y?
I believe You are talking abou that "Y" in "You". It's something specyfic to Polish culture and to kind of communication. We (polish people) are using capital "Y" to underscore/accent the respect for our discussant or the person we are writting for him something.

Old
  (#9)
publicENEMY

Default Re: bot rotate bug - 26-03-2007

Quote:
Now You can enable Your AMX X, but disable all custom plugins in amxmodx/plugins.ini (by semicolon) and try to load it with default plugins only - then check if it works. If so - step by step add Your custom plugins and try until You narrow the plugin which doesn't like to work with podbot mm. Most than likely it;s backweapon plugin or something like that. If You are using CZERO non-steam - it will crash if You are using CSDM 2.1 (it doesn't support non-steam version).

I believe You are talking abou that "Y" in "You". It's something specyfic to Polish culture and to kind of communication. We (polish people) are using capital "Y" to underscore/accent the respect for our discussant or the person we are writting for him something.
Now you convinced me that you are a smart person and a humble gentleman.

anyway, back to the real thing. i have disable all plugins (amxmodx/plugins.ini) and modules (amxmodx/modules.ini) and it still crash. i am using non-steam czero version. isnt disabling everything in plugins and modules will disable csdm 2.1? ive check the documentation on plugins and modules. afaik, when you disable everything in plugins and modules, everything will be disable(that includes csdm).

thanks.

Last edited by publicENEMY; 26-03-2007 at 06:28.. Reason: Damn typo! $#@&^

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: bot rotate bug - 26-03-2007

CSDM module is loaded by autoload module function by plugins they are in plugins-csdm.ini (You shouldn't load these plugins from "normal" plugins.ini). So disable loading csdm plugins (and because of that - also CSDM module) by renaming plugins-csdm.ini into disabled-csdm.in (or just delete this file and csdm module). Anyway podbot mm doesn't support CS1.6/CZERO non-steam, so it may not work, but more than likely - after You will do what I'm telling You - it will.