.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Closed Thread

New release's bugs
Old
  (#1)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default New release's bugs - 26-04-2004

OK - here are some of my first results of test on LISTENSERVER CS1.6 with BOTAIM 1.5, MM1.17, STATSME2.8.2, CLANMOD 1.80.19. PODBOT_MM.DLL created 26.04.04 00:58 and 249856 bytes.

Addbot is working OK under console line on listenserver - so it means really fixed. I was playing about one hour without crash.

Problems:
1. Still I can't see skills of bots after using followings comands in my podbot.cfg

detailnames on

addbot 100 2 2 Ryback
addbot 100 1 1 Roger
addbot 100 2 2 James_Bond
addbot 100 1 1 Szakal
addbot 100 2 2 Rambo
addbot 100 1 1 Android
addbot 100 1 1 Ivan
addbot 100 1 1 Terminator
addbot 100 1 1 Luis

(problem of this detailnames)
I don't know - maybe there should be shown too the type of BOT {POD, P0D, P*D} , but in previous versions was never this after using addbot command with bots_name typed manualy (in podbot.cfg or console ilne) - I don't know exactly why - maybe it's a bug too?

2. After mapchange according to the mapcycle.txt file bots re-enter the game, but after using by me from console line the command

changelevel map_name

bots don't re-enter the game - it's not fixed yet .

Once again - all I tested was on the LISTENSERVER CS1.6.

This night I will test on a dedicated server, if I'll find some of time for this.

I'm waiting for some confirmation of this issues I found.

Re: New release's bugs
Old
  (#2)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: New release's bugs - 26-04-2004

ok the addbot thing is still an issue apparently......and that will be left up to someone else to code rather than PMB

you will have to wait for that one. i will add it to the list of things to do.......so dont worry about that anymore ......you willl be informed when its fixed.

about the "changelevel" cmnd

dont use changelevel because it does not "restart" the listenserver properly.......and he could not figure out how to get this to work yet.

but if you use

map de_dust

it works perfectly
it is also a short message to type so please use that and ignore the changelevel cmnd.
theres your fix for that.

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
ok the addbot thing is still an issue apparently......and that will be left up to someone else to code rather than PMB
SF - I'm agree with You add this point. This is probably a little thing to fix by sPlOrYgOn aor another coder.

Quote:
dont use changelevel because it does not "restart" the listenserver properly.......and he could not figure out how to get this to work yet.
SF - You suggest me, that I was a very lucky man when I used this command without problems in any previous versions?
I described above - I use CLANMOD and after voting for map there is a call of changelevel command , too (I think, because after this map changing, after voting, bots don't re-enter, too). So maybe You can, with Your position, ask the boys from unitedadmins.com to don't using of this command in CLANMOD , because this command is not good? I can't ask them about it, because my knowledge about this command and coding is to little...

I think - it was not very happy your reply this time, but don't be angry at me. I will wait for answer of someone from coders - what they are thinking about this.

Old
  (#4)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

oh that i forgot to give PMB that one...
besides it's no bug..
it's a change to allow detail names when you specify a name.

Old
  (#5)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo
SF - You suggest me, that I was a very lucky man when I used this command without problems in any previous versions?
I described above - I use CLANMOD and after voting for map there is a call of changelevel command , too (I think, because after this map changing, after voting, bots don't re-enter, too). So maybe You can, with Your position, ask the boys from unitedadmins.com to don't using of this command in CLANMOD , because this command is not good?
What do you have against SoUlFaThEr ? His reply was perfectly valid, I couldn't have said it better.

Yes, the United Admins folks should not use the "changelevel" command. This command does not shutdown and restart the server properly, and it does not free the entity list correctly. This command is meant to be used in SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES where you need to keep stuff from the previous level when you enter a new one.

The United Admins guys might not have noticed it because the command SEEMS to work for normal players (the player transition between levels is a completely different process than the bots), but in programming, a command should NOT be used, even if it seems to work, if there's a better command to fit the purpose.

And about the detailed bot names problem: the bot code has never been supposed to display the skill details when names are specified. It was only meant to display them with names recorded in the botnames.txt file. Hence it's not a fix you ask for, but a feature. It's still doable, though.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
What do you have against SoUlFaThEr ?
I have nothing against him. Now I se - it's Your big friend.

Quote:
Yes, the United Admins folks should not use the "changelevel" command. This command does not shutdown and restart the server properly, and it does not free the entity list correctly. This command is meant to be used in SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES where you need to keep stuff from the previous level when you enter a new one.
So it means - I was very lucky man using changelevel, CLANMOD and PODBOT together during about 2 years?
And other people the same? I don't know - maybe unitedadmin people use some "workaround" to solve this problem You described above. I will ask KaszpiR, he knows this code very well.
So maybe You can ask these people to change code in Clanmod to don't call changelevel command - they will not listen to me, because I'm not a coder.

Quote:
And about the detailed bot names problem: the bot code has never been supposed to display the skill details when names are specified. It was only meant to display them with names recorded in the botnames.txt file. Hence it's not a fix you ask for, but a feature. It's still doable, though.
My big MAESTRO - it's not true - have You tryied this with PODBOT2.5 and some of Your previous releases 2.6mm?
I think , in the code should be only this for type of BOT (normal, agressive, deffensive) like You described (when name is specified there is not possible to see which type of bot it is - I never seen this) but skills were displayed for sure. I allways use detailnames on and allways I call in podbot.cfg the same addbot commands with the same names and skills and I remember what I see.
If You don't believe me, I made once again, especially for You, the screenshot from some Your previous version with players list and here You have some of my lines from my podbot.cfg. Tested on LISTENSERVER.

detailnames on

addbot 100 2 2 Ryback
addbot 100 1 1 Roger
addbot 100 2 2 James_Bond
addbot 100 1 1 Szakal
addbot 100 2 2 Rambo
addbot 100 1 1 Android
addbot 100 1 1 Ivan

Some comments, please...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scshot_cs16.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	192  

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

PMB - especially for You I tryied this on dedicated server and what I see - when I use command

map map_name

bots re-enter the game, but players are disconnected from the server. And reason for disconnecting is probably using by unitedadmins people changelevel command - when I use this , I am not disconnected during map changing, but in this case bots don't re-enter the game.

Old
  (#8)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

KWO, you have a manner to talk which I don't like very much >

1. I have nothing pro or against SoUlFaThEr and it's not my "big friend" either. I appreciate him as a trusty and honest member of the forum. What do you imply ? That we both have a conspiracy theory against you ? Or that we're homosexual perhaps ?

2. You were not "very lucky man", it worked because the previous code was calling the bot config files on server start only, whereas now they call it upon each ServerActivate() call, which is the canonical way to start a map. EACH map change must be a server deactivation and restart, hence a ServerDeactivate() and ServerActivate() call is needed, along with a complete freeing of the entity list and game variables. The changelevel command does not do it right. It's NOT MY FAULT, I have not invented it. Now listen: if it worked before it SHOULD NOT HAVE. There is certainly a workaround, but I don't know it.

3. stick your irony somewhere and keep the "big MAESTRO" out will you, please. About your screenshot : THIS you show was a bug. and NOW is the correct behaviour, at least from how the POD-bot 2.6 original source code was meant to perform, and how I expected it to work. You want my comments ? Here they are. Having custom bot names display their skill was what caused bots to use the same name than already connected bots. I *HAD* to remove this display to make the comparison between names possible. The code behave how I expected it to. There are certainly better ways to code this, so listen: the source code is available. Grab a good C/C++ book and fix it yourself, dude. You seem to know the POD-bot source code better than me, so go straight ahead and don't ever bother asking, since you seem to be so better than us.

4. Especially for me ? Oh, that's SO kind of you dude. I'm seriously starting to believe you want to nag on people. You've found a bug ? Well done, let's see together if we can fix it. Especially for me ? Explain this latter part.

I'm patient on people, even on newcomers, rarely on naggers.

Over and out.

Old
  (#9)
SoUlFaThEr

ok KWo,
NOW im mad at you Smurf punk

how many smilies do i have to add to my posts, in answering you, that you stop thinking that im mad at you???? stop accusing me of hating you,.......you've been torturing me with PMs with accusations that i want to kill you and want to kick you from the forums and other stupid ass shit.
i spoke to others about this and they are watching you now.

CUT IT OUT IMMEDIATELY...

if you dont like the way i post to you and WASTE my time trying to get your ideas implemented,

THEN USE ANOTHER FUCKIN BOT

and dont tell me to make clanmod guys change THEIR frickin codes to support your needs...YOU do that shit, i dont use that crap anyway.
thats not my concern how other programmers program their plugins...i only care about podbot2.6mm and thats it.

this is the last time i see you complaining that i am mad at you or i dont like you......

and that "hey big MAESTRO" shit that you threw at PMB is also NOT necessary at all........and hes not "my BIG friend now". we are partners WITH the entire Bots United organization to HELP EVERYONE(NOT JUST YOU!!) get the gaming experience they want...and we have been doing this together since POXbot was in the works. If you start paying me to help you........i wont be bothered by your nagging ways and comments.

we do this for free and its because we like it......but people with your attitude make us NOT want to do it.......cuz you sort of GIVE US ORDERS
and then talk shit when something doesnt immediately go your way.......

this will end right now...........i garauntee it.

thread closed cuz i dont want to see anymore of these negative vibes around this bot.

final warning from me Kwo.......any more and i petition the Council to ban you.

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 26-04-2004 at 21:12..

Old
  (#10)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Can I request to have the final word.

Okay, everything everybody wanted to say has come out now ? Then we can consider cooling down and envision better and more productive ways to talk to each other.

We all have been talking out of our asses. I apologize the first. I still think, however, that a positive attitude helps better than nagging at people. So if that was not your intent KWo, consider changing your ways to communicate.

End of the discussion.

Closed Thread