.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

CTF_multi waypoints?
Old
  (#1)
Blad3

Default CTF_multi waypoints? - 21-06-2008

Is anyone waypointing ctf_multi ?
or is the crates too much of a problem?

Re: CTF_multi waypoints?
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: CTF_multi waypoints? - 21-06-2008

The only issue about the crates is getting the bots to use an unused opening. This can be handled in a number of ways.

1) - Sequence the 3 deliver points in the aiscript alone. This solution breaks down if anything happens out of sequence (2 crates stolen, human goes to wrong opening, bots get pushed into wrong opening). Proper sequencing would require func_fakebrushes keeping players out of the wrong openings. (Goaltracker control not recomended)

2) - func_fakebrush the used compartments flush with the wall and make the bots slide along the wall until trapped in the next available opening. This is a better option but slows down the bots.

3) - Use faketois and fake func_explosives to communicate to the aiscript which openings (deliver points) are closed. This can be done with 6 tois or with just one (the map has only 2 tois so 14 more can be added). This would be the better solution. (Func_fakebrushing the used openings could still be used to prevent bot wall clipping.)

As enigma1 showed in danji the pickup can be handled either as a steal or as a roam (in a waypoint suitably created without too many action-distractions). As I saw in bulldog the steals solutions should re-activate itself on the if_obj_home event to avoid the rare goal_tracker related bug.

Bot sight should be kept low enough to keep the game enjoyable but may not matter in such a small map.

As I recall this was the map written up in some original tutorial for waypointing one of the bot mods (bobot?). And if I had time I might use it for a tutorial, but I have no plans for it currently. If you want to use it to learn waypoints I will try to find time to help.

Re: CTF_multi waypoints?
Old
  (#3)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: CTF_multi waypoints? - 29-07-2009

420Blunt sent me these for ctf_multi and I have ported and cleaned them up for ctf_multi2 (and corrected for the command map tga images). Either can be played or used for learning some waypointing. Get 1.00 waypoints here (link good till October 2009)

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.