.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Earth to Mal..
Old
  (#1)
craigII
Old Member (aka Craig)

Default Earth to Mal.. - 08-11-2009

Hi Mal.

Firstly - assuming you eventually read this - I hope your job is everything you wished it would be, and that it's still going well.

I wonder if you were involved in the 2009 sequel to rtcw.

If you can recall the innards of Fritzbot, can you remember & clarify the conditions under which certain entities are auto-destroyed at map start time.

The thinking is, that there may be some built in scan of entities that could cause game problems, and that fritzbot itself triggers their destruction at each map restart.

It certainly looks that way.

I have a map that is having 3 func_explosive objectives destroyed at each map start time, and I don't know why.

One other func_explosive objective works fine, and all of the other non-objective func_explosives work ok.

Only 3 of them fall foul of the startup sequence.

It is a large map - the bsp alone is 20mb. But it plays ok under raw rtcw. All entities work and play fine.

The problem is definetly within fritzbot itself, or the memory constrains of both the map plus fritzbot.

If you have an off-the-top-of-your-head explanation for what may be causing the func_explosives to fall foul of your initialisation routine, I would appreciate it.

I have the map source, and could reconfigure it accordingy.

Cheers,

Craig.

Re: Earth to Mal..
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Earth to Mal.. - 08-11-2009

Hey craig nice to hear you are still playing around.

I don't know that Mal visits this forum, that might be discouraged as part of his employment contract. Of late I can still get replies from him through the ETQW forum (it seems he is working on Doom4 though).
Look him up, send a PM but be patient it'll seem like a month before he checks his box.