.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout)
Old
  (#1)
Serious Sam

Default waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout) - 12-02-2011

Hello, I'm trying to waypoint cs_hideout, and there is a big door that has 2 switches on both sides that have to be pressed simultaneously. Here is a pic: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4...1218531979.png
I think I did read somewhere on the changelogs that podbot mm has code for these doors. But I can't seem to be able to make the bots open it. I tried both with and without use button flags at the switches, but even when a few bots are in front of the door, they don't try to push both switches at the same time. How do I make them open it? For the time being I deleted the connection through the door so they don't bump into it until I find a solution.

Re: waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout)
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout) - 12-02-2011

Unfortunatelly that cannot be solved. I cannot make the button code working in all possible situations. During the time I was working on it I was focusing to make bots to be able to open the door if there is just a single button needed to be pressed to open the door. The situation like You are describing happens very rarely (2 buttons need to be pressed simultaneously to open the door), so there is no point for me to recheck and rewrite the code again to make it also working for that kind of buttons/doors. The code has to be working on the majority of maps (and it does it), but of course there might be some exceptions it doesn't work. Your map is one of those minor exceptions.

Re: waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout)
Old
  (#3)
Serious Sam

Default Re: waypointing door with 2 switches (cs_hideout) - 13-02-2011

Too bad, it was an official map from cs beta 3.0 as well BTW from the other side it is opened with one switch only, but it is pretty far away from the door, so they don't use it properly either Oh well, I doubt it will stay on my server for very long, so I guess I'll leave it with no connection through the door.