.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Freezetime Bug
Old
  (#1)
Ammar

Default Freezetime Bug - 19-04-2004

When you set the freezetime to 0, the bots still take 3 seconds to buy etc, and then start playing. This can be alittle annoying. Also sometimes, some bots switched to knifes and some bots dont.

Re: Freezetime Bug
Old
  (#2)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: Freezetime Bug - 19-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammar
When you set the freezetime to 0, the bots still take 3 seconds to buy etc, and then start playing. This can be alittle annoying. Also sometimes, some bots switched to knifes and some bots dont.
I dont know but maybe thats changeable in the podbot.cfg theres an option for
wait for 3 seconds

maybe you can change that

and the knives story is true, but think of this:
there are 3 personalities the bot chooses. defensive, normal, aggressive.
its the aggressive bots that are drawing knives.....and maybe the normal ones sometimes too......the defensive bots wont im sure because they are not in rush mode. It is supposed to be like this.......on public servers with only humans i do not see everyone pulling knives to be the first one out there......so thats fine.

Hope this cleared up stuff for you and tell if that "wait for 3 seconds" change worked

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 19-04-2004 at 21:27..

Old
  (#3)
Ammar

Default Re: Freezetime Bug - 19-04-2004

Thanks for clearing that up for me, and yes not all people do pull out knifes on a public server, i understand now. But when i went into the podbot config and set the pause to 0 or off (tried both) the bots still took the same amount of time to buy etc. Maybe im not putting the right command, but as far as my knowledge goes it didnt work.

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Freezetime Bug - 20-04-2004

As per CS 1.6 the bots don't move while they are buying. This is to prevent them to get out of the buy zone by accident. The side effect is that 3 second delay, but do you prefer bots rushing out 2 seconds late or bots who wander around happily with the default pistols ?

Note that in CS 1.6, your player can't move while you are browsing the VGUI buy menus.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
Huntkillaz

this is idea:

what if u do a check on the bot to see if it has finish buying..if so release him\her....so they can go.

●_•

Old
  (#6)
Ammar

Ok this might be really tiresome and time consuming to do, and possibly might not even be worth it but here it goes. Why dont we make it so the waypointers have a new type of wp, maybe called buy and that is linked to until where they can buy, about the not buying while moving thing, never happened to me, i alwase bought while moving in 1.6, it might be because i have a confg running called "PGL", I think thats what made it possible to buy while moving. These are bots though, cant they be made to access the GUI menu while moving or is it impossible?

Old
  (#7)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Freezetime Bug - 21-04-2004

Being a total moron when it comes to coding, I don't have a clue if it's possible or not.
Being a waypointer, however, I must tell you that I don't like the idea of overloading the waypoint system with all that stuff. If we have a new waypoint type / flag every two weeks, guys like me and SF might as well stop waypointing entirely, cause it's such an immense PITA to fix waypoints all over again. The new camp waypoints cost me hours of hard work, and so did many of the editor features alone, without changes to the waypoint types themselves.
If we don't have a consistent and reliable waypoint file type, you'll never have a nice selection of good and up-to-date waypoints because no waypointer in the world can afford to tweak and check his work every few days - if days had 48 hours and if my eyes wouldn't get tired at all, maybe, but still...
Imagine you wanted to compile a selection of texts, quite a large number. And now imagine your text editor would change every few weeks, forcing you to go through your old texts again and again, because every update would render them (at least partly) incompatible - you'd never get finished!
Your idea is not bad, but I just fear that effort and benefit are in no reasonable balance...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#8)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Exactly my call. Mercy for us, lads, developers and waypointers are not machines

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#9)
SoUlFaThEr

yes i agree.......case closed i cant imagine going over those standards again for the 5th...yes 5th time

Old
  (#10)
Austin

I have been thinking for some time now, how to figure out if a player/bot is in a buy zone, showing the shopping cart icon. I bet there is a buy on / buy off message sent that can be checked for...

Since you can delete the buyzones in maps (newer maps usally don't have them) then every spawn point becomes a mini buy zone.

A cool bot feature would be to know when it can buy and then stock up on ammo nades etc. if low and in a buy zone..
>edit<
Ok tx PM.

So the bots know they are in a buy zone but I have never actually seen one buy anythign after the round is started.

Last edited by Austin; 21-04-2004 at 15:15..