.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Listen Up, Everybody!
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Listen Up, Everybody! - 06-10-2006

The latest patch, Fritz 0.70b_final, had some errors in the waypoint files. I "think" that I've got them all sorted out.

Here are the changes:
DELETED: et_mor2, vengeance, xdam, railgun -- reason: not ready for release

ADDED: reactor_final, et_ufo_final -- reason: missing from the patch

UPDATED: caen2, fueldump, goldrush, oasis -- reason: older versions were included in the patch

Change the name of the attached Fritz0_fixed.zip to Fritz0_fixed.pk3 and use it to replace the original Fritz0.pk3 that was included with the patch.

We really need to have a central point where all waypoints, new and updated, are stored with revision histories so everyone can be sure to have the latest version of the files. I'll volunteer to take this on. What it'll take from all the waypointers is for you to send me your files when you make changes, complete with a revision history (use TomTom's template). I'll put them into a common pk3 which will have a revision number that will be updated with each addition. This will be uploaded to the forum filebase where everyone can check periodically to see if they have the latest version. We'll have just one master pk3 instead of a bunch of individual waypoint files floating around.

All comments, suggestions, and gripes will be considered. I'm not a bookeeper by desire but we certainly need to keep our files in order!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fritz0_fixed.zip (759.1 KB, 474 views)

Re: Listen Up, Everybody!
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Listen Up, Everybody! - 06-10-2006

thank you and welcome back Great Boo-keeper

Old
  (#3)
MetalHead

lol thanks for the update i wandered why on x dam they just stood around and on et_mor2 the axis did nothing then the alleis did nothing once the tank reached the main gate

i really must learn to waypoint....

Old
  (#4)
nedd3h

great stuff! very much appreciated!

i noticed that when entering a game it still says BETA... maybe alter something and add the the next .pk3 to say FINAL... just a thought

Old
  (#5)
vlvttch

Thanks agian Bindle for helping keep stuff organized. New file is running on the server. Agian Mal thanks for such a great bot and to all of the Fritz waypointers keep the good stuff coming.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Idea Re: Listen Up, Everybody! - 06-10-2006

nedd3h: I think the "beta" message you complained about is the map start server popup which is contained in the qagame_mp_X86.dll. This is a compiled file so rightfully it should be Mal who would change it (not the bindlestiff). But if you know how you can hack it in yourself with a hexadecimal capable editor (Codewright worked fine for my test). Hacking means you are limited to 6 characters so the ^1 (red) had to be sacrificed.
Now Mal hails from the USA and even a minor hack like this violates The Digital Millennium Copyright Act so I am afraid the hacked file can't be distributed unless he makes the change. Sorry.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#7)
nedd3h

i don't even know what dll stands for let alone edit it

i was just thinking of it for mals benefit (it wasn't a complaint!)
he's announced it as final so i thought it might be easy to edit something to change the start server pop-up and add it to a new .pk3 only becuase it looks like another will be released

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Oddly faster to hack than to compile. My point is Any of the developers can maintain the minor files (waypoints, menus, bots...) in the pk3 and with bindlestiff volunteering we can do it in an organized way. But the 3 compiled dynamic linked libraries (now you know) that the server executes are Mal's by rights. And we should be happy that he took time to do this update and let him get back to his real job.

BTW I didn't mean anything when I said "complaint...". I appreciate your efforts. This mod will only go forward by all of our efforts together. thx

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bindlestiff View Post
We really need to have a central point where all waypoints, new and updated, are stored with revision histories so everyone can be sure to have the latest version of the files.
That would really help.

If your 100% sure that the Fritz0.pk3 is fixed, I'll release it as a patch.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
That would really help.
If your 100% sure that the Fritz0.pk3 is fixed, I'll release it as a patch.
Several of us are going to give it a workout on the killbox tonight. I'll let you know tomorrow if the fix is playable. A patch would be nice to give us a clean start without the awkward "Fritz0_fixed.pk3" moniker! My plan is to have a single Fritz0_X.Y.pk3 with the revision number indicating major map additions and minor map updates. The X will increment everytime a new set of map waypoints is added, and the Y will increment when existing waypoints are modified. This would be used until the file grows too large to conveniently download, then a Fritz1_X.Y.pk3 can be started.

Tags
waypoint pack