.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Bot Coding
General Bot Coding See what a pain it is to get those little mechs shooting around

Botmatch Screensaver?
Old
  (#1)
threat

Default Botmatch Screensaver? - 14-01-2004

Hi dudes!

Just had a funny idea I just had a Matrix Screensaver running, which is working completely via DirectX and OpenGL - very cute!

Had you ever thought about a possibility using the HL-engine and some bots and an automatically moved camera or first-person-view as Screensaver? With e.g. the Bot-Forum-Logo in one corner and the bot developers as players? Or with a Clan-Logo in one corner?

Hehe, this would be very funny, when my colleagues would see me "playing Counterstrike" again - move the mouse - oh, was just reading, how to fix this DSP assembler problem

I think, this SCR-file, which is usually installed in the Windows-Dir could use the STEAM or CS installation, just start a game with predefined options and *gogogo* Would this be a very hard problem?? I don't have an imagination of the programming work for such a thing.

Last edited by threat; 14-01-2004 at 19:31..

Re: Botmatch Screensaver?
Old
  (#2)
Lazy

Default Re: Botmatch Screensaver? - 14-01-2004

It might be possible - but I'm not entirely sure about it waking on a mouse movement. You'd have to set a windows hook that is in a seperate dll to respond to WM_MOUSEMOVE messages then force the application to terminate.

But the problem with it is that it is a hook and I don't think Valve Anticheat likes windows hooks either.

Or - you could write a BSP renderer yourself and try to mimick the game and bots as much as possible - but probably not the best way to go due to the time required.