.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Help (?)
Old
  (#11)
Ical

Default Re: Help (?) - 28-12-2004

Hi $eu crey$$on, in the past my friend had the same problem with fifa 2004, and he use WinXP+AMD Athlon+Geforce too.
if the new sound card still not enough try this below;

This my suggestion :
1> The simply one; quickly press enter when the logo appear, if still didn't work continue to below;
2> Go to 'control panel' - 'sound, speech, and audio devices' - 'sound and audio devices' - the second 'advanced' button - 'performance' - and move the both slider to lower (not lowest) then restart XP.
3> Use RIVATUNER (this is the best nVidia tools) to disabling AGP mode (disabling /enabling AGP only available for win2000/XP), since nVidia drivers v2.183
disabling AGP mode will not decrease speed performance, this is good for stability & compatibility, or if you want to disabling it manually (without RIVATUNER)
Go to 'control panel' - 'performance & maintenance' - 'system' - 'hardware' - 'device manager' - 'system devices' - and here; change the '....processor to AGP controller' with 'PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge' then restart XP.

Well it works in the past, hope also with you too..

Old
  (#12)
sfx1999

Don't ever flash your BIOS unless you absolutely need to. Get the drivers that T Wrecks suggested.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#13)
Exilibur
Arnfred

this is pretty offtopic, but I was just wondering...

Cracks aren't illegal, are they?

Because in case they arent, then i fail to see the problem with mentioning them. I mean, it's not like anybody is talking about warez in any way, and by downloading a (legal?) file to replace an exe file that obviously doens't work very well, he isn't really commiting a crime, is he?

And if he isn't commiting a crime, then what is the problem with the suggestion?

I'm ok, if it's just tolerated, but I think it would be kinda stupid, since I think the moderators in here are more than qualified to consider if a case when cracks are mentioned is 'warez talk'.

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#14)
sfx1999

Cracks are illegal in the US under the DMCA, because they circumvent security measures. I hate the DMCA; it makes it illegal to watch an encrypted DVD on Linux (unless the author of the player has it) and illegal to back up copy protected media. I am not aware of any similar European legislation, but you should check.

I personally hate swapping CDs, but I would rather not get a virus from a no-CD crack.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#15)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
the ones for the non-C-Media version include a driver explicitly designed for WinXP, the ones for the C-Media Audio don't. In that case, however, I guess you can use the Windows 2000 driver, since both are based on the WDM (Windows Driver Model) architecture - unlike Win9X drivers, which are VxD drivers.
/me hits myself in the head w/ keyboard

I've been downloading the XP version...

/me hits myself some more...

[EDIT]
Are you sure the XP one is not for C-MEDIA? They may not specify in the description, but they look like newer versions of the driver...
[/EDIT]

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Last edited by von Ryan; 28-12-2004 at 23:55..

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Help (?) - 29-12-2004

No idea. I was wondering myself why some of the descriptions said "C-Media sound driver" and others just "sound driver"...

Well, I mean, you can d/l both and see what's inside...
If it's a zipped directory with setup.exe, some dlls and stuff, there ought to be a readme somewhere which will tell you more.
If it's just an auto-installer, there will be a nice splash screen which will tell you what you are about to install.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#17)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Both are drivers, and I'm about to test the last solution, disabeling the AGP...

[UPDATE]
Ok, I quit. I'll get the f*cking sound card. Anybody recommends any device and/or brand (besides creative, of course)?
[/UPDATE]

Last edited by von Ryan; 29-12-2004 at 00:25..

Old
  (#18)
Exilibur
Arnfred

I have a aureon 5.1 sky, which I'm quite satisfied with... But I bought it mainly because it has a better digital to analog (and vice versa) converter than all creative's cards. Creative cards are best for gaming afaik, you might experience 1 or 2 more fps with a creative card.

But if you only gonna spend a few bucks, then just buy a soundblaster live!... If you don't have hifispeakers or something like that, then you'll never notice the difference between that card and anything better. Not that I want to support creative though...

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#19)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Terratec sound cards seem to be quite good, too. But of course I don't know if you can get them in Brazil...

So nothing worked, eh? Did you d/l all the latest patches for the games that crash?

Besides, if it's only one game that causes problems (despite a PC that's working perfectly otherwise), I'd kick the living sh*t out of the company which released that game instead of buying a sound card just because of them. But that's your decision.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#20)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

FIFA 2005 has no patches available, and the only The Sims 2 patch didn't make any difference.

And I can't kick the shit out of them, it was written in the box that the minimum required is a DirectX 9.0b compatible sound card...

And I just don't want to install one of those sound cards with that thing that occupies a CD-ROM bay in the computer...

(Man, just saw one w/ remote control. WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED A REMOTE CONTROL IF I'M RIGHT NEXT TO MY COMPUTER??? Oh, americans...)

[EDIT]
What is the difference between 24-bit and the others?
Is 24-bit too "old"/Bad?
[EDIT]

Last edited by von Ryan; 29-12-2004 at 13:52..