I made it here SpLoRyGoN
Old
  (#1)
Burnt Powder

Default I made it here SpLoRyGoN - 18-06-2004

I have minbots at 0 and maxbots at 6.

What I want is:

- A minimum of 6 players (bots or real) to be on my server at all times
- If there are 6 bots on the server and 3 real players join, I want 3 bots to leave (keeping 6 total players minimum)
- If there are 3 bots and 3 real player on the server and 2 of the real players decide to leave, I want 2 bots to take there place to bring the player total (bots or real) back up to 6
- If there are 6 real players on the server, I want zero bots

Last edited by Burnt Powder; 18-06-2004 at 09:33..

Re: I made it here SpLoRyGoN
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: I made it here SpLoRyGoN - 18-06-2004

http://www.mapzap.org/podbot/podbotBETA.zip
set max_bots 6 and min_bots 0

Old
  (#3)
Burnt Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
http://www.mapzap.org/podbot/podbotBETA.zip
set max_bots 6 and min_bots 0
Thanks. I just changed the .dll and will let you know later today (Friday) how it is working out.

Thanks again,

-bp

Old
  (#4)
Burnt Powder

Everything is working great thus far and how I described.

Thanks and if anything should come up, I will let you know.

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: I made it here SpLoRyGoN - 19-06-2004

OK - I just tryied two Your dlls. One created 16.06.2004 20:47 (1) and second 18.06.2004 00:32 (2). This first is working probably like I want - max_bots 9 , 8 addbot commands - 8 bots on the server. Player connect - bot is kicked. Player disconnect - 1 bot go back to the server. But setting during the game pb max_bots to 7 doesn't affect any bot (probably one should be kicked). After I've set pb min_bots 4 and I wrote pb removebots - all bots were removed (probably should remove only 4). This is probably original CF work of these commands and I see some bugs (limits don't work correctly, probably work correctly only for fillserver).

This second dll is working totaly automaticaly, but I can't use removebots command (because after using it bots go back automaticaly to server (according to max_bots parameter). I've set max_bots 12,
8 addbot commands and 12 bots are in game. Because I can't use removebots command, now I have to use pb max bots to decrement to 0 bots on the server. In this new Your specification the call:
pb max_bots 0
replaces the call

pb removebots

This is some inconveniance (the people until now used removebots and this function is not working correctly - OK - this function remove bots, but they go back, so this function removebots is useless. So try to use Your limits trust like in second dll (bots are affected by pb min/max_bots immediately after typing it in console), but let the server admin remove all bots by removebots , kick one by kick command or from podbotmenu (did You try to kick one bot from podbotmenu? I just tryied it, but this is not working, too, because bot go back to the server...).

You realy don't see some inconveniances here? OK - I'm agree - for adding bots and keeping the same number of bots on the server this is probably cool, but for removing some bots and simultaneoulsy keeping function (player connect-> bot is kicked, player disconnect->bot go back to the server) now is probably impossible. I asked especialy for the function kick bot from selected team - You made this and now I can't use it.

Try thinking in this way - how to don't lose some functions and add Your idea's.

@Burnt Powder: How long time are You using this PODBOT? I use it since 1.4c version...

[EDIT]
I just found a solution, but I'll send it by PM to sPlOrYgOn. We have to speak first.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 19-06-2004 at 07:43..