.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final
Old
  (#1)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final - 04-04-2006

posted to filebase:

http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=375

just place into the Fritzbot folder. Those running a server may want to create a fritzWaypoints.pk3 to place all newer waypoints in so people connecting will only have to download one file.

map is here:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil..._Ifurita;32764

These are really at a beta 3 stage and I'll keep tweaking until the next Fritzbot release. So any feedback about stuckages / gameplay / balance will help.

Last edited by CrapShoot; 04-04-2006 at 18:59..

Re: ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final
Old
  (#2)
Valiant

Default Re: ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final - 04-04-2006

I ran a few rounds on each side to give it a little test drive and it seems pretty solid to me.
The only thing that came to mind after playing for awhile is that the engineers seem to just get tangled up in a bloodbath over who gets to keep the command post when a few creatively placed mines could be just as useful.

For example - in front of the door to the access key house, at the base of the wall where the covert ops like to jump down after stealing it (assuming they live ) or maybe just in front of the rubble that one uses as stairs to get into the command post hut. If you wanted to get really evil you could even make them drop a few around the keyhole at the purification door.

Its just a thought, and all it would do really is give the engies something to do rather than lob themselves into the oncoming stream of troops and probably toughen the defense some. Overall it could be just as good without the use of this suggestion, if you ask me, but it might make things a little more interesting.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#3)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final - 04-04-2006

Thanks for the feedback valiant.

I'll mess with the command post priorities..and may turn it off completely for axis once the key is captured. Mine plant at the keyhole is a good idea, i'll add it.

Old
  (#4)
Valiant

Default Re: ET WAYPOINT: Rommel_Final - 05-04-2006

Anytime.
Thats most likely going to do the trick, I think. Squabbling over the command post while the key is motion or the door is unlocked seems pretty silly but the struggle for it keeps the clash for ground pretty solid on the east side prior to that point, which in my opinion is a good thing.

In retrospect hah, since the amount of deployable mines is limited for each team I may have been a little overzealous in my ideas but - I figured a variety of suggestions is best.

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

I've thought about upping the amount of landmines each team could have (like some popular ET mods do), but after playing online with servers that gave each team 30+ mines (and experimenting with it briefly with Fritz) - its a bloody landmine spamfest. The only balance is to let everyone spot mines, else you can't walk 5 feet without tripping one.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#6)
vlvttch

Rommel waypoints look good, I got them up and running on my server. Looks like maybe a few tweaks but all looks great so far.

Old
  (#7)
Valiant

Hopefully this won't derail the actual subject at hand but....
When it comes to mines I'm usually the clumsy putz waltzing into them. Which is probably why I regard them as a handy defensive tool, and why I've taken to playing covertops to spot them. I don't doubt upping the cap would be very bad all things considered - give anyone a handsfree way to score points and you just know it'll be abused.