.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: baserace
Old
  (#41)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: baserace - 29-12-2006

In that version 4 test I mentioned the condump capured the entities from #533-#1023 and showed :
70 air strike entities
65 misc_landmine entities
38 corona entities
info_notnull entities
17 temp Entity entities
14 noclass entities
14 misc_mg42 entities

so
at first glance forbidding air strikes and/or killing some of the landmines might do it

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#42)
MetalHead

Default Re: baserace - 29-12-2006

For the map to end 1 of 2 conditions has to be met.

1 the first side to have the base FULLY built wins or
2 When the timer reaches 0 the team with the most built base wins..

hope that helps?

Old
  (#43)
MetalHead

Default Re: baserace - 15-01-2007

Hello merry new year.

ok i have been testing thiswaypoint for baserace, from what i can tell for now it appears to be a solid waypoint, occaisionally the bots get stuck trying to kill each other one in the trench the other obove the trench, it's so funny to watch but that doesn't always happen, both side are evenly balanced, even if you set the round time to 999 no one will win, sometimes one of the sides gets lucky and gets a crate home, i suppose the added human player can change things around, oh yeah on the allies side the ladder where the slope is? near the ammo hut? bots can still get stuck trying to jump down BUT it doesn't happen on the axis side!

also i mentioned this before, the bot sight i changed (1700) is ideal but for some reason the acc. of the bots even when the aim variable set to 1 is amazingly accurate.. not sure if it's my server setup i'll check into it..

Great job, surely a final now

Andy

Old
  (#44)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Thanks.

I'll have an updated / final version ready for the next official release. There are a couple routes that I messed up on and I'll fix that ladder. If I can find a good way to get rid of the mines, it may free up enough entities to make the map sort of stable but limiting the air strikes is probably the only way to ensure the map won't crash.

I'm not sure abut the aim. For me, if I play against level 1 aim, I can definitely notice a difference...

Old
  (#45)
MetalHead

hmm ok thanks for update, i'll look into it more with my own settings i might of overlooked something with the aimskill..

thanks

Old
  (#46)
nedd3h

Default Re: baserace - 16-01-2007

I've received a lot of feedback about the high accuracy of the bots and the range at which they can hit you in baserace. If I'm on the server I ususally run aim at 3 but reduce it to 2 for baserace. I run the server at 2 by default.

Old
  (#47)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: baserace - 17-01-2007

are you sure it's a one vs one situation? the bots shoot at the closest target within their field of view and with such wide open spaces, it's a good chance that more than one is shooting at you.

it's still playable at aimskill 3 and 4, you just have to use the trenches / underground a bit more.

Old
  (#48)
MetalHead

yeah crapshoot i see you point but no thats not the case, and yes when there's 2 or more you just die like in a fraction of a second lol, no 1v1 the bots NEVER miss a shot even at aimskill 1, it's like you'd think if that was a real player then he's using an aimbot, if you understand what i mean? i know they ARE bots, but when i had a server setup with just regular maps they would actually miss me for a few shots...

dunno like i say i will look into my settings...

thanks

Old
  (#49)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

i guess the only real way to test it would to be only adding one bot. the only setting to check is bot_aimskill...you could try lowering the sight distance even more, but even at 1700, i'm seeing them before they can see me...i suppose that depends on the etconfig you are using though.

Old
  (#50)
Michelangelo

Default Re: baserace - 03-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot View Post
well the exact crash is:

G_Spawn() no free entities

this is bad. it never showed up with 9 v 9, but I guess at some point it would have. There is a maximum of 1024 entities allowed in the game at a single time. During normal gameplay, new entities are spawned (like grenades, airstrikes, gold crates, etc). Given that the default map has roughly 880 entities at initial spawn, I can see where the limit would be reached very easily (google search shows it has). Given that I needed to add 46 to provide the basic support for it, I think that this map is dead

I've yet to see it happen 9 v 9 and lower, so I guess use at your own risk...
any news related to this problem ?

i would love it to have a stable version, or is this map for fritzbot really dead ?