.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Custom Campaign maps defined after installing Fritzbot 0.70b
Old
  (#1)
Chris

Default Custom Campaign maps defined after installing Fritzbot 0.70b - 17-07-2006

Hello everyone,

I downloaded fritzbot lately as I wanted bots for ET, and installed it.

It's working well, the menu to add bot as well, and the quick shortcuts keys are pretty handy, so that's great thanks

However, why are some custom maps defined by defaults in ET after installing Fritzbot?

For example the Northern Europe Campaign instead of the usual 3 maps (Radar, Railgun and Fuel dump) has Railgun replaced by a map called Ice...

And this map is not even included in the Fritzbot patch...making my ET crash when it wants to load the map...

Some other "maps" (just the name) have been defined as well in the campaign: like beach, sw_el_kef. I am wondering why those maps have been defined by default in ET if the maps are not even installed with the patch. It would have been cool if the links to get those maps were included in the readme.

Is there any way I can change my campaign menu back to the normal?

I mean I want to use the Fritzbots which are great but I don't want to have my "normal" campaign changed and other maps defined if they are not included in the patch.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Chris.

Re: Custom Campaign maps defined after installing Fritzbot 0.70b
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Custom Campaign maps defined after installing Fritzbot 0.70b - 17-07-2006

The northern europe campaign for fritzbot replaced railgun with et_ice because the mod does not have support for train object play (i.e. where a moveable object can be driven by both teams etc). It was planned for a later rev by mal. but had to be dropped when he left to work for ID software.

Fritzbot paks do not include the maps (.bsp etc) to keep the files small and avoid duplication. You should grab the original map off the web if you are playing on your own server before invoking the campaign.
I agree with you about adding some notes someplace for links to the maps, but I find I can google for just about any map I need too. On the otherhand by not putting a specific link in we won't get the ire of the owner who has to pay for the bandwidth.
The campaign files are in two places specific to fritzbot, namely the fritzbot\scripts directory and inside the fritzbot pk3 files. The former files you can edit and rename easily just associate .campaign with notepad. The insides are pretty self explanatory (ignore mapTC it just sets the position of the worldmap in the start menu). For campaigns that are in the pk3 files just use winzip to extract to the former directories, delete them from the pk3 and then exit to edit them as before.