.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!!
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 30-08-2005

Check out my webpage at http://fritzbot.bots-united.com for all the details!

Enjoy!

BTW: Feel free to post all comments, questions and suggestions in this thread.

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!!
Old
  (#2)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 30-08-2005

Enjoy the release guys! Oh and ALL official RTCW maps (GOTY and otherwise) are supported this version.

A Waypointing Tutorial will be released shortly within the next week or two, i'll make sure you all know when it's finished.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 30-08-2005 at 07:05..

Old
  (#3)
Rebel

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 31-08-2005

Omg...It just done. Cool news gyes. Biggest thnx 2 all of U there.

Will check that now..

Old
  (#4)
Rebel

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 01-09-2005

Ok aii played IT , its very good now thnx again gyes.

So i now have 2 questions.
1. How can aii play with "mediapack" with bot. As i see aii must remove Fritz0.pk3 from "Fritz" Folder and place file "Fritz1.pk3 into that folder - Am I right ? Becouse at the begining I extract BOTH files "fritz0 and fritz1. pk3" into folder and when I enter the game there was NO any changes..Ok aii guess U understood what aii meant gyes
2. Can aii and my REAL friends play in LAN (home Net) with FritzBot ?
Becouse when aii start the Fritz Mod and select the "LAN" and then accept the game dosn't run. It runs when aii only select "NO" type. So Am I right or dont something understand ?

Thnx ahead

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

The media pack Fritz1.pk3 goes into the same place Fritz0.pk3 does.

1. The media pack has new models for ammo/health, and new skins/models for players, as well as the Fritz theme song. If you not seeing any of that, you installed it into the wrong place.

2. Yes you can - when you select LAN, the game closes then starts up in console mode, and you'll have to connect to it by starting up another instance of Fritz, and typing "connect 127.0.0.1" if the server is on the same computer your playing on.

For more detailed information, check out the FritzBot users guide here: http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.php/FritzBot

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#6)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Hey! Thx for a great bot. I enjoy playing it very much, but I'm having some problems with the latest release. :'(

- If I try to switch maps with callvote, go to main menu or exit using /quit, the game freezes. And I get this message:
"recursive error after: FS_FileForHandle: NULL"

- Their aim is a bit too good. I used to be able too manage pretty well on "Normal" but now I get killed on "Easy" with 4-5 shots, as soon as I stick my head out. :o Maybe you can lower their aim on "Easy" a bit?

- Medics are less responsive. They've turned and run when they were about to revive me. Before they always revived you straight away.

I've never seen a bot play hackey sack with grenades before. Is that new?

Keep up the good work guys!

Old
  (#7)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANFSCD
Hey! Thx for a great bot. I enjoy playing it very much, but I'm having some problems with the latest release. :'(

- If I try to switch maps with callvote, go to main menu or exit using /quit, the game freezes. And I get this message:

log files aren't completely supported yet. find in your wolfconfig_mp.cfg the cvar g_log and remove it. I believe you will have to remove it from the wolf config in your main folder as well as your fritzbot folder.

Old
  (#8)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Removing g_log from wolfconfig_mp.cfg fixed the problem.
I only needed to change it in Fritz Bot folder. Thanks alot!

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 02-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANFSCD

- Their aim is a bit too good. I used to be able too manage pretty well on "Normal" but now I get killed on "Easy" with 4-5 shots, as soon as I stick my head out. :o Maybe you can lower their aim on "Easy" a bit?

- Medics are less responsive. They've turned and run when they were about to revive me. Before they always revived you straight away.

I've never seen a bot play hackey sack with grenades before. Is that new?
I don't remember changing anything, but somehow log files got messed up. This will be addressed in a patch.

I'll have to check their aim on easy. TBH: I always play on hard or medium, so I kind of overlooked easy, its possible I cranked it up without realising it.

Medics are using the pathfinding more, and also being more tactical/varied about their choice to revive or not (before they were ALWAYS rambo medics). This means sometimes the bot decides it has some other pressing need and ignores you, or sometimes it doesn't find a good path to you for some reason and ignores you. It could be either. However - this is JUST like a human on a pub server (which I've designed Fritz to simulate): they never just always revive, they also have their own goals and needs.

No matter what Fritz does, I want it to be as human-like as possible, even when its being stupid.

Yeah, I changed some of the death msgs, just for fun.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Default Re: Fritz Bot v0.50 BETA is released!!!! - 02-09-2005

About the aiming, I can't say I can tell any real difference between the settings, even with nightmare turned on. They take you out in 4-5 shots instantly all the time. Most of the time you can't even see them.
I know that's how it is mostly when playing against "1337" players but sometimes I just wanna fool around and do whatever without beeing killed every 10 seconds, which is why bots are so great. They don't complain no matter what you do.

I can see where you're coming from, trying to make bot behave more human, and I'm all for it. But when a medic is heading towards you and then turns around when he's right next to you and runs off to revive somebody else or something... He's not even beeing shot at. That's just annoying. But maybe that's the intention?

Don't get me wrong. I love this bot. Mostly because it's not human. 9_9