.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Closed Thread

Re: Bug List - Go here before posting!
Old
  (#11)
Maleficus

Default Re: Bug List - Go here before posting! - 06-09-2005

Bumped - check the list for bug fixes.

ALSO - ANFSCD: I'm assuming the snipers you had on assault with that demo were EASY skill? This one had me scratching my head for a while, because snipers are NEVER supposed to leave their hiding spot, UNLESS they're low skill snipers! Thats not a bug, but what n00bs do.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 06-09-2005 at 10:13..

Old
  (#12)
Rebel

Hallo once again Mal.
Im really sorry but 'cause of my bad Eng.understanding I didnt understand yr recent answer to me about LAN-bot's starting.
Can U plz explane something else about what I have to do for starting bots on my home LAN with my real human friends in "steps" style (1. do this. 2. do that. 3. do this one etc etc) ?
Thnx ahead

Old
  (#13)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Beach bug has been fixed. An action in the war room had it's closenode set incorrectly.

Old
  (#14)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Default Re: Bug List - Go here before posting! - 07-09-2005

IRT Mal
Yes it was on easy. One mans bug is another mans "feature" It's hard sometimes to tell the difference... but I can see what you're aiming for, a touch of n00bness. Nice.

ANFSCD:
-"Mal, the bots are running to the beach with the docs again, could you fix it plz?"

Mal:
-"Ah yes.... I... put that in! Um.. it's what n00bs do, you see? hehe... you like?"

Old
  (#15)
Maleficus

Default Re: Bug List - Go here before posting! - 07-09-2005

LOL! I should use that line for EVERY bug!

When I test the code, I'm always in hard mode, so I completely forgot the lower skill code and that they don't strafe in combat, and that they chase any target they see (they also don't hear very well, aren't very tactical or aware, dont use all of their classes skills, etc, etc.).

Its almost like a different bot at skill easy.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#16)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: Bug List - Go here before posting! - 09-09-2005

Hey guys, i fixed the castle bug i mentioned before i also didn't fix the depot tunnel ladder, i don't understand why they're doing that and i've tried everything to fix it, but it does work better now though they won't hang up on it as long but they still spin for a little bit and eventually climb the ladder (once they start climbing the ladder they have no troubles at all) i'll let CrapShoot or Mal have a look at it and see if they spot the problem.

The Chateau stuff is also fixed, they go through that staitcase entry from the wine cellar way better now (a bot sometimes gets caught in there still but doesn't stay there stuck for long) I removed node 45 in the transmitter room too so bots won't get confused down there anymore and jump around on the desk. I also improved the path flow down there as well.

Those updates will be in the next fritzbot patch.

I also noticed 2 bugs Mal you may wanna look into. It's for medics.

The first is they don't put the documents top priority, i seen a medic who had the documents and did not even go to the transmitter on Chateau he just kept on reviving fallen comrades, in fact i seen him run all the way back to the grand staircase to revive someone while carring documents.

This next one was a nasty glitch i noticed. It was spectating the doorway leading down into the transmitter room on Chateau. What happened was two allied medics went to revive the same fallen teammate and what happened was the game like glitched and the two medics we're like stuck together as if they conjoined and it was severly lagging the game up. They eventually got unstuck but it was a really weird site to see.

So in any case, just wanted to let you all know that. Thanks goto all the folks who submitted the bug reports.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#17)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The first is they don't put the documents top priority, i seen a medic who had the documents and did not even go to the transmitter on Chateau he just kept on reviving fallen comrades, in fact i seen him run all the way back to the grand staircase to revive someone while carring documents.

This next one was a nasty glitch i noticed. It was spectating the doorway leading down into the transmitter room on Chateau. What happened was two allied medics went to revive the same fallen teammate and what happened was the game like glitched and the two medics we're like stuck together as if they conjoined and it was severly lagging the game up. They eventually got unstuck but it was a really weird site to see.
1. Thats a choice issue I've been thinking about. On one hand, reviving your friends so you have more ppl to protect you while you try to deliver is a good idea, yet on another - you may waste precious time in getting the obj somewhere. Its one of those things thats not easy to just say one way or another.

For now, I prefer to see them revive, just because I've seen a lot of cases where half the team would be down, and the medic would revive them all, and have those guys protect him while he delievered, whereas if he had tried to go on his own, he would have been killed because the other team was waiting for him.

2. I'm pretty sure thats a game issue - I've seen it before on HP. The bots don't touch the physics or collision code - they just send inputs to the game.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#18)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
1. Thats a choice issue I've been thinking about. On one hand, reviving your friends so you have more ppl to protect you while you try to deliver is a good idea, yet on another - you may waste precious time in getting the obj somewhere. Its one of those things thats not easy to just say one way or another.

For now, I prefer to see them revive, just because I've seen a lot of cases where half the team would be down, and the medic would revive them all, and have those guys protect him while he delievered, whereas if he had tried to go on his own, he would have been killed because the other team was waiting for him.
Maybe limit the distance they are willing to go to revive?

Old
  (#19)
Maleficus

Thats actually a good compromise. I'll do that.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#20)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
Maybe limit the distance they are willing to go to revive?
Good idea.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Closed Thread