.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Problems
Old
  (#1)
someperson

Default Problems - 02-09-2005

I know this is just 0.5 beta but:

- occasionallly the game slows to a crawl, 1 fps or worse. This might be due the bots getting stuck because of nav code.

- more customizable aiming. like 15% accuracy to 99% accuracy. Let elevation play a role in aiming as well. If I'm above the bot, then he'll have trouble aiming.

- some sort of minimum bot cvar. I'm not sure ifthis is implemented already. bot_min 10 and it'll try to balance team out with meds, engs or lieuts.

- bots need to strafe more, they travel like mice in straight lines.

- mg42 usage, I want them to use it. When I use a MG42, they pay less attention to me, but when I switch to a smg - they open fire me across the map.

- always follow me command. this way a lieut will follow me when I'm a med or a bot tells me to follow him. like an eng asking a med to follow him and if the eng gets too far ahead, waits for med.

- bots have trouble with small spots like tiny hallways or doors.

- whats with the doors missing and no movers support. I played mp_assault and the gate was open and the garage door was always closed.

- make it game dll only, remove the cgame dll. I'm not entirely sure how dependent you are on it though. Nice of you to keep the media pack seperate. By media pack I thought I would have gotten in-game music.

Re: Problems
Old
  (#2)
Rebel

Default Re: Problems - 02-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by someperson
I know this is just 0.5 beta but:

- occasionallly the game slows to a crawl, 1 fps or worse. This might be due the bots getting stuck because of nav code.
/// agree. (sometimes)///
- more customizable aiming. like 15% accuracy to 99% accuracy. Let elevation play a role in aiming as well. If I'm above the bot, then he'll have trouble aiming.

///agree. (shoots very sharply almost on easy type)///

- some sort of minimum bot cvar. I'm not sure ifthis is implemented already. bot_min 10 and it'll try to balance team out with meds, engs or lieuts.

/// agree. Bots NEED to strafe///

- mg42 usage, I want them to use it. When I use a MG42, they pay less attention to me, but when I switch to a smg - they open fire me across the map.

- always follow me command. this way a lieut will follow me when I'm a med or a bot tells me to follow him. like an eng asking a med to follow him and if the eng gets too far ahead, waits for med.
///didnt see that..///

///agree. ///
- whats with the doors missing and no movers support. I played mp_assault and the gate was open and the garage door was always closed.

- make it game dll only, remove the cgame dll. I'm not entirely sure how dependent you are on it though. Nice of you to keep the media pack seperate. By media pack I thought I would have gotten in-game music.
And it'd be cool if the bots can run everywhere by "jumping" of course
But anyway Bots are magik . Im in 7 heaven when play at AxisLab and Ice maps, its real FIGHTING!

Old
  (#3)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:

Could you tell us where exactly these are occuring? There more than likely waypointing quirks that we're overlooked (i.e there in the actual path file itself not code) but without specific details, we can't fix them unless we see them.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 02-09-2005 at 04:18..

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Quote:

1. Can you specify where and when? Also, what are your machine specs? Like Denny said, its very possible its a minor bug in the path files that will be fixed in a patch later down the road. Fritz, like most bots, is VERY dependent on its nav file for everything it does.

2. RE: bot minimum - this is something I'd like to add too.

3. Strafe more in combat, or just while running around?

4. They use MG42s just fine. However, the waypointer has to enable the use of it in the nav file. It was found that in some maps, it was more realistic to not use it, as well as that it helped the flow of the game more. Other maps it was found to be a good choice - its all up to the waypointers. Dam, on the axis team, is a good example where they use it pretty well.

5. There is no mover support, or button door support yet, hence no movers.

6. The cgame is for the waypoint editor. Its much easier to have the waypoint editor be on the client side as well that it allows me to do a lot of neat things for the waypointers I wouldn't be able to do server side. That doesn't stop you from running a server tho.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Quote:
I would also like to see this. Usually lower difficult settings makes bots react slower and not move around as good. Making the aim setting seperate, you can play with bots on "Hard" which has the best pathfinding, movement and all that available, and just lower their aim. So you have smart bots that don't aim perfectly, just like you have smart humans that don't have perfect aim.
Like me.

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Problems - 03-09-2005

They already react slower, have more limited senses, and don't move around as good on lower skills. They also don't use all of their skills or class abilities on lower skills.

The bot_nightmare cvar was an attempt to sorta do what your talking about, except in reverse: you could have idiots who had great aim.

I could add an aim variable to the bot's .bot files. I'll think about it, check the code, and see from there.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
Horizon
bot fan

Default Re: Problems - 03-09-2005

Quote:
I could add an aim variable to the bot's .bot files. I'll think about it, check the code, and see from there
Please, add this aim variable totally -not- dependant on the bot difficulty, that would be a fantastic addition to this superb Fritzbot.

This way the user could make bot navigating very well while playing on Hard difficulty and could give them some "personnality" by changing such aim variable.

So some bots would be deadly accurate while other would not be able to hit an elephant stuck in a small tunnel, but all would be able to navigate as well as the Hard difficulty bots.

A customisable by user aim variable would be definitively a worthy addition in a possible update of Fritzbot.

Old
  (#8)
ANFSCD
Fritz Bot Fan Club

Default Re: Problems - 04-09-2005

You could either make a general setting in the Fritz Bot menu for aiming, seperate from movement skills. "Easy, Normal, Hard" or similar.
Or in the individual bot profile... (or both if possible).
The latter would make the bot easier to costumize. I don't know which is easier to do but atleast it would be an improvement to see the two settings seperate (movement - aiming).

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

I've been thinking about it: the only problem I have with the bot var in the .bot files is that many of the bots added to a map are added with the random bot cmd.

Now, if someone tries to play a game on hard, and wants the bots to be HARD, they may randomly get a bunch of bots who can't aim, which makes the game too easy for them. OR, in the flipside - randomly add bots with super aim if they want easy aim.

I like the ANFSCD's idea of just a general skill level for aiming, that you can set in the menu. Thats what I'll add - it will be in the patch.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
Stone
WolfPlayer

Hi Maleficus!
Thanks for your Fritzbot dude, It's amazing
But i have some Problems aswell, my english grammar isn't the best i think cause i am german, so please be forbearing with me

I tried your trick with the "g_log" thing and now my RTCW doesn't crash anymore BUT after a mapvote now, my Wolfenstein looks like this O_o

And IMHO the bots are too good Every 1on1 duel the bots make a headshot!
And yesterday i had a stupid situation, i could upload the demo, you can only see the goofiness of the doc carrier bot with the edv demo player.
I try to explain, mp_ice, i was south service halls, nearly the truck and fired at one axis, at the same time the doc carrier came behind me and jumped over my head without shooting exactly in my fire and passed away

Very strange o_O

I hope you understand all and sorry for my english again

Cheers!

Last edited by Stone; 04-09-2005 at 18:33..