.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Wish List?
Old
  (#1)
Maleficus

Default Wish List? - 03-10-2004

Objective mode is a given. But what are some other things you'd like to see in the next Fritz bot release.

Be as specific as possible!

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Wish List?
Old
  (#2)
bavarica

Default Re: Wish List? - 03-10-2004

1)other maps, like assault, base.... in objective mode

2)a good sniper (he should not run the whole time, so he get some cool camper positions

3)maybe some cool tactics (if the bunker door (on beach) is destroyed- the axis-bots dont run on the beach around instead that they hold positions on upper base or something like that.

Old
  (#3)
Rebel

Default Re: Wish List? - 04-10-2004

no any other new things before integrating Fbot to ICE_MAP , the main and the coolest MAP of the rtcw, my game-posse..At first its a primary point i guess..

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Default Re: Wish List? - 04-10-2004

Beach is the only Objective map I'm going to promise next release, tho I will try for more (base and ice will get first considerations before others).

Snipers are on the TODO list. Hopefully with a map like BEACH I can show off what they already can do, and what I plan on having them do in the future.

Fritz has never suffered from the "wander around with nothing to do" problem bots like Wolfbot did. Fritz always
has a clear goal and purpose in mind, usually.

Strategic camping and defending are on the TODO list.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Wish List? - 12-01-2005

1) Sprint - would be nice to see the bots move a bit faster. perhaps even strafe?

2) Change classes - on a map like beach, it's important have engineers (and maybe snipers) at the start, but after the door (and / or wall) is blown there is no need for one. Class changes based on objectives reached / not reached would be a real plus. Engineers tied to the func_explosives and snipers tied to the forward spawn come to mind on beach. A /kill to change class just before the next spawn would be nice.

3) Awareness - In wolfbot, you could shoot one in the back and get no reaction from a bot that was very close, but not facing you. It would be nice if they could respond to the sounds of gunfire or footsteps. Wolfbot's did respond to footsteps, but only when they were camped.

4) vsay_team - Would be nice if they responded to 'defend the objective' and 'incoming".

5) Linux - Server and Client would be great.

I'll stop there for now. Great work so far. Can't wait for the objective maps

Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
1) Sprint - would be nice to see the bots move a bit faster. perhaps even strafe?
They already do this (sprint). Have since the first release actually (specate one to see their sprint bar while their charging to a flag). I don't like strafe jumping that much in wolf, and while they will do it a little now sometimes, I tend to discourage it.

Quote:
2) Change classes - on a map like beach, it's important have engineers (and maybe snipers) at the start, but after the door (and / or wall) is blown there is no need for one. Class changes based on objectives reached / not reached would be a real plus. Engineers tied to the func_explosives and snipers tied to the forward spawn come to mind on beach. A /kill to change class just before the next spawn would be nice.
Yes, its a VERY good idea and its something I'd like to add. Not sure if its going to make the upcoming version, but its something I will add in time.

Quote:
3) Awareness - In wolfbot, you could shoot one in the back and get no reaction from a bot that was very close, but not facing you. It would be nice if they could respond to the sounds of gunfire or footsteps. Wolfbot's did respond to footsteps, but only when they were camped.
They already do this. If your behind a bot thats not already in combat, and fire your weapon, he should react to you, unless he is involved with a more pressing task (Rambo medics may ignore you to get their teammates revived, etc).

Quote:
4) vsay_team - Would be nice if they responded to 'defend the objective' and 'incoming".
"Incoming" is a team chat they already use and respond to. "Defend" is on the TODO list.

Quote:
5) Linux - Server and Client would be great.
I'd like to for Macs as well, but sadly I don't have access to either OS, and I know absolutely NOTHING about Linux or Macs, and I don't want to just hand off that job to someone else. I'll keep it in mind though.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#7)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

You could wait until you get the bot like near completion and have a couple people you know who got a Mac and another with Linux (i think TeamWhore or FlagMan has Linux) and have them compile it for ya. That's up to you though, it would however increase popularity for your bot though but i wouldn't do it till later on in development possibly when it's finished, merely for the fact you don't have complete access to neither OS and can't compile every version.

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Old
  (#8)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Yes, the bots do sprint, usually right after spawning.

There's not much to say to add cause it tends to do a great job already, just what's mentioned is all that really needs to be added.

Oh, did you make a setting where just typing something like 'addbot' and it adds a randombot that balances the teams? I know I asked this before, I just wanna see some confirmation from you. If not np, I'll just load up those cfg files you made with some bot profiles.

Also, keep up the great coding, Fritzbot's one great 3rd party bot. Now, if only I could get some buds to pickup this game... btw, they packaged a new edition of RTCW, the Platinum Edition, it comes with Enemy Territory. So if you guys are too lazy to download ET and don't have RTCW? get the platinum pack.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#9)
Maleficus

Default Re: Wish List? - 13-01-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,
Oh, did you make a setting where just typing something like 'addbot' and it adds a randombot that balances the teams? I know I asked this before, I just wanna see some confirmation from you. If not np, I'll just load up those cfg files you made with some bot profiles.
Its one of those things I need to add. The AI has been so involved and time consuming, that I've had to ignore other features. If I don't get it done before this upcoming version, I will work on it the next, since I really want to sit down and work on the UI, menus and waypoint system for that version anyhow.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#10)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Wish List? - 20-01-2005

Thanks for the reply above Mal. I have re-installed windows, and got a chance to play around with the bots a bit today and noticed one thing:

Gibs, I didn't see any gibbing. With how good the meds are, it would be nice feature.

Also, in wolfbot objective, if a doc carrier was killed, and the docs didn't lay in a path, neither team would "find" them. It would be nice if Fritzbots would recognize the docs laying on the ground a take appropriate action.