.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Latest Waypoints for podbot mm
Old
  (#1)
Ree

Default Latest Waypoints for podbot mm - 28-03-2005

Which are the latest waypoints by Soulfather/T Wrecks/biohazerd for original CS 1.5 maps for podbot mm? I'm not sure if those in filebase are latest since I've already found a bug in de_inferno (Soulfather's) where bots would get stuck at the vent because they don't shoot it.

Re: Latest Waypoints for podbot mm
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Latest Waypoints for podbot mm - 28-03-2005

Hmm... the newest ones on the filebase are these:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=235

I know that I tweaked and fixed SoUlFaThEr's standard map waypoints once, but TBH, I'm not quite sure if they were packed with later bot releases or not. Let's see: Can you tell me the date and file size of your de_inferno.pwf?

The latest one I have is from November, 7, 2004. Its file size is 87.7 kB (89.840 byte). If yours is the same, I'll have a look at the waypoints and try to fix any problem there is. If yours is older, you can try using the newer file first. (In case the version I have isn't available anywhere, I can attach it here).

*EDIT*
Has de_inferno changed between CS 1.5 and CS 1.6? I've been using 1.6 for quite a while now, so I really don't know any more...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 28-03-2005 at 16:16..

Old
  (#3)
Ree

Mine dates the same so it seems I have the latest one. But it's quite bugged, the vent bug is there for sure.

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks

...so they don't shoot the vent, as you said. Any other glitches you noticed?

Old
  (#5)
Ree

Well, sometimes bots rub around large crates looking up as if they tried to jump on them, not sure, this might not be a bug of waypointing. Also some minor things, such as always stucking at the entrance (frame) to the balkony (near the plant site), nothing very serious, they go through, but it delays bots a bit. Vent bug is the major one I think, others aren't that noticeable.

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: Latest Waypoints for podbot mm - 29-03-2005

I just tested the map and noticed the vent bug. The strange thing is that they shoot it without problems when going up from that sniper balcony, but when they approach from the other side and want to get down onto the balcony, the can't shoot that damned thing. ??? Beats me... I'm gonna fiddle around a bit and see what I can do, but I really don't have the slightest idea. There's nothing special about the waypoints there; stuff like that works on other maps... weird.

Concerning the entrance to the balcony near the plant site etc., it's next to impossible to have bots navigate all these narrow passageways without bumping into some wall. This problem cannot really be solved, it can only be alleviated to some extent, depending on the map. I gotta look at the waypoints - they're not mine, so I'm not that familiar with them, and when I tweaked them, I only made the most-needed changes since they're SoUlFaThEr's waypoints and not mine. Looks like I gotta dig a bit deeper into them now after all... 9_9 Stay tuned....

Old
  (#7)
Ree

Thanks for checking.

Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Guess what: With my de_inferno_cz waypoints, the vent works perfectly, and the waypoints around it are very similar to those on de_inferno. But I'm gonna see what I can do. Concerning the doorways, I think there's some room for improvement; the waypoints are far away from each other and generally, putting them in closer distance ought to help at least a bit.

Jeez, I'd rather make my own waypoint set for the standard maps instead of tweaking SoUlFaThEr's stuff, but I'm soooo sick of it after waypointing the cz standards and countless standard map clones... :-/

Old
  (#9)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Latest Waypoints for podbot mm - 30-03-2005

Heyyo,

I believe there's a diff between CS 1.5 and CS 1.6. If I'm correct, they moved the bombsite in CS 1.6 when they updated the look of the map. The original bombsite was at CT spawn, but the new version of inferno they moved it off to that far side n' created crates n' stuff... So check into that TWrecks incase you got goal waypoints at ct spawn n' that the new bombsite's waypointed,plus the building beside CT spawn, I don't think that was open in cs 1.5's version (aka. the oringial version of de_inferno).

[EDIT]
Heh, I once messed up me de_inferno's n' copied me cs 1.6 waypoints over me cs 1.5 waypoints.. then I had to remake the cs1.5 waypoints. So careful now.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 30-03-2005 at 22:40..

Old
  (#10)
Ree

Default Re: Latest Waypoints for podbot mm - 31-03-2005

CS 1.5 de_inferno doesn't have bombsite at the place of CT spawn. There are two bombsites - 1st north, 2nd west of CT spawn. And yeah both are near crates.