.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

View Poll Results: Is the Fritzbot Documentation well written?
Yes 8 100.00%
No 0 0%
Could use some improvement (explain) 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Fritzbot Documentation Poll
Old
  (#1)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Fritzbot Documentation Poll - 02-12-2005

Hey guys, this has been a concern for me for awhile now. I wrote a good majority of the documentation for Fritzbot with the help of Mal and CrapShoot and Blunt. And i was just wondering, are you guys finding this documentation to be helpful, or are you aware of it existing even?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying anything bad here or anything, i'm just curious as to if the documentation is written well enough and located in the proper places for you to access it because they are full of useful information. Some have read them, some haven't, some may not know they exist even, and all that is fine. So i was wondering for those who have read it, how well is it?

The documentation I am refering to is the Wiki and the Waypoint Tutorial.

The Wiki which can be viewed here
http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.php/FritzBot

Is a very thorough user guide for Fritzbot. It has things not even in the readme released with the mod and has a wide abundance of information about the mod, answers for some common questions, tutorials for fritzbot related things and more. It's being actively updated all the time and i encourage eveyone to at least read it once. It does contain a list of ALL the supported maps for Fritzbot as well as a frequently updated list of maps currently being given support.

The next one is the Waypointing Tutorial which can be viewed here
http://fritzbot.bots-united.com/tutorial/

Some haven't read it because there not interested in waypointing, which is fine but for those who have, how well did it turn out? Basically this is a full crash course guide into waypointing for Fritzbot which covers pretty much everything waypoint related for Fritzbot.

Now granted most just want to download and play Fritz and just don't care about documentation and that's cool, no problem there. But for those who didn't even know these existed, i'm sort of making this poll not only to get feedback but also to inform everyone that there are some very informative information sources avilable for Fritzbot that are being actively updated all the time.

So in final, i don't want anyone to think i'm mad here, but i just wanted to let eveyone know about the above. You can provide feedback and answer the poll if you wish. If you think the documentation needs improvement in any areas or whatever feel free to post and say so, don't be bashful.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments on the mod btw, we really do appreciate all the user feedback we have been recieving and it really does mean alot. We are always happy to assist anyone having problems and to help with bug reports and such as it helps us make a better mod for you and for us as well.

Mal, feel free to sticky this if you want (you don't have to though).

FritzbotRTCW Official Waypointer & Beta Tester
Updated: 1/12/06

Click Here to view my current waypointing progress.

Last edited by Denny; 02-12-2005 at 01:19..

Re: Fritzbot Documentation Poll
Old
  (#2)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Fritzbot Documentation Poll - 02-12-2005

I'm the sort who reads all docs and manuals before I start. Found out most of what I needed to get going in the User's Guide and Wiki. It helped a lot!

Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritzbot Documentation Poll - 06-12-2005

I think the wiki is excellent. One of the best I've ever seen for a 3rd party mod!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#4)
Chalky

Default Re: Fritzbot Documentation Poll - 07-12-2005

"Is the Fritzbot Documentation well written?"

Seems fine to me.
T.T.F.N.
Chalky