.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: Howz My Waypoint style?
Old
  (#21)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 26-05-2004

Yup, so far your choice has been remarkably lucky concerning possible double-waypointed maps.

Ok, now here's some detailed feedback on cs_beersel and de_egypt - I don't have the other two maps on my HD right now, so more on them later.
I included 20 screenies with text/suggestions/remarks for cs_beersel and 10 for de_egypt...
Attached Files
File Type: zip nag-o-rama.zip (880.2 KB, 273 views)

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#22)
Huntkillaz

ooooooo nice style..i like it

as for de_egypt seems my brother 's been messing with it...i havent put in some of those wp' s 8o

cs_beersel.....hehe no hostage flags and camp tweaking are one of the last things i do so hence why a lot was missing or wronged...also it wasn't till after i submitted it that i found out while playing that i had left out places in adjusting the wp's like that room where the door camp u said n the room with the table....

coz what i do now is my brother goes round doing the waypointing and i go round adjusting em (or pretty much replacing all of them (de_egpyt)) but i'm trying to make him better too...so some of cs_beersel was done by him...

i'll go change em....and the next upload i do will also contain cs_church2

●_•

Old
  (#23)
>BKA< T Wrecks

o_O Does that mean we're gonna see "Hunta Bros." waypoints soon?

Uh, ok. Well, if you have similar styles, this way of working might, er... work. I hate tweaking existing WPs a lot. I'd rather do them all new - provided I have the time, of course. So ok, let's see how the next version turns out...

Old
  (#24)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 30-05-2004

nah..it''l be just me (since right no i practically re wp everything he does... )
but i gonna let him do maps that arnt good for bots lie cs_rats n stuff
that'll get him to learn tricks of wpin

back to y i'm posting.....

i did some tweaks to de_egpyt (it's gotten alot better ) that little sniper place across the beam ...now alot of bots go there

re did that bomb site with that t pt'er that was on that box with the massive radius....i left the crouch goal wp's coz when in game bot's hid behind there and kinda do a suprise attack ... (got killed by that somany times )

made a few more jumps off ledges..but here's where the downside of this comes ...bot lose a lot of hp to me 10 or less hp is acceptable.

most jumps they make it's possible to lose up to 5 but they seem to lose 15-25 coz they seem to go flying right over the ledge even though there's a wp on the ledge and there's no direct connection to the one on the ground...

so i'm asking whats a good way to make em do this right..

i know i can make them not jump off in the 1st place ..but it's advantageous for ct's a little life for a possible kill

if u want me to send u the latest one i can (filebase tonite)

after i fix these jumps and a few no clip wp's i think it'll be finalized
------------------------
cs_beersel is looking pretty good to now...though i'm still tweaking it.. fixed the stuff u said n more
------------------------

had time to look at the other maps?? ..don't rush if u don't.
de_snipeit5 has been changed a bit so don't bother if u do decide to...i'm having major ladder problems n am trying various work arounds to it.

----eagerly await u r feedbak-------

●_•

Old
  (#25)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Generally speaking, if you want the bots to spread more into a particular location, put more waypoints there. Alternatively, if you feel the bots take the same route too often, rarify the waypoints there.

The key is how much paths there are among all those wayoints. For example, in a small corridor, if you put waypoints like this:
Code:
----------------------
1 -_				  _- 4
	  ''- 2 --- 3 -''
----------------------
then there will be only one path through all these waypoints. And as soon as ONE bot is killed around one of these waypoints, the WHOLE team won't take this route for a couple rounds. If you want this to happen less, arrange yourself so that there are more than one route in this corridor.
Code:
-----------------------------
1 -_ 3 --- 5 -- 6 -- 8 -_- 10
  2	''- 4 -''- 7 -'' --' 9 -''
-----------------------------
lol now the sketch is so screwed nobody can understand anything
well... I hope you see the point

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#26)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Don't worry; I understand it perfectly (I think). The second sketch is exactly the way I like to waypoint corridors - not a single line of waypoints, where all connections together form one long, almost straight line, but two parallel lines, with waypoints on one side placed exactly where there's a gap between two WPs on the other side. As a result, the connections form a bunch of triangles, so to speak... (hell, I suppose that was even worse than your sketch, PMB! ) Of course, inside a vent or something, this two-line pattern would be HIGHLY exaggerated... it should be reserved for wider corridors, of course - wide enough for 2 bots to pass each other without touching, that is.
Ok, now back to the actual topic: The solution to your jump problem in de_egypt is easy to explain, but maybe difficult to implement, because you need space. Ok, here's how you make them "land" on the wall first and THEN drop down:
Make the jump onto the top of those knee-high walls as long as possible, so that you barely reach the goal WP (jump goal, of course, not map goal). Try making them jump onto the wall in an angle that's more acute than the approx. 90° where you may have most of the jumps (I suspect). This makes it easier to have bots hit the top of the wall instead of jumping just over it. Make 'em jump up there in an angle of 30-45°; that ought to leave some headroom. (Gee, I hope I got you right and this acually explains a bit...)
How much HP loss is acceptable... well, I guess you could discuss about this topic for ages, and I don't think there is ONE solution. My "threshold" is 5 HP, unless it's a connection that can give a remarkable advantage and/or is likely to be taken few times and mostly a short time after round start, when all bots still have 100 HP. But this is just my philosophy in this respect, and there are hundreds of other possibilities. After all, I don't want you to clone my waypointing style in every respect.
No, so far I haven't had time to look at the others. We had a very bad time @ work, but the coming week looks a lot better. I'm quite optimistic I'll have a chance to d/l, check and comment the other maps next week.

Old
  (#27)
Huntkillaz

@pmb what was u replying to? ???

@>BKA< T Wrecks thanx i'll try that... ...

oh and no worries...i probably have and new update for all the wp's by then

●_•

Last edited by Huntkillaz; 30-05-2004 at 23:09..

Old
  (#28)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 31-05-2004

I was just giving an advice related to waypoints...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#29)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 02-06-2004

just a cute question........would it be possible to get a bot to do strafejumps

i had this idea about these jump maps(often full of strafe jumps or jumps where you must strafe to extend the distance you fly(even with double and triple strafes before you land!)

i could imagine making a jump map for bots........LOL and film a bot going through the map with the ease of a tru Pro........would be cool to see and even harder to waypoint

Old
  (#30)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: Howz My Waypoint style? - 06-06-2004

..*update* seems i won't be doing anything this month, with exams and work..i dun have the time

but after that i got a 3 week break so hopefully i can get a 10 map final pack by the end of july.
--almost done----
de_snipeit5
cs_church2
cs_1701e
cs_beersel
de_egypt
cs_church2
--redo's---
de_bridge
de_cityrush
cs_hive_apc

actually my brother's done an excellent job on cs_gamma_assualt i haven't had a very good look but a brief look at it and i was impressed..he's getting to my standards faster than i goto where i am

porbably coz i learn't everything myself mostly..

anyways i taught him a few new things but most of it was doen well by him

so u'll probably see some from him too

●_•