.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Route Node Probabilities
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default Route Node Probabilities - 13-05-2007

I noticed that after specifying certain path probabilities for route nodes that the bots do not take the paths according to the probabilities. Could this be due to things like the entity number of an objective being wrong? Any other reason or reasons why bots might follow paths in various probabilities other than what was designed?

Re: Route Node Probabilities
Old
  (#2)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Route Node Probabilities - 18-05-2007

Have you read my treatise on routes in the Wiki (http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.php/The_Route_System)?

The way I check out each and every route in my maps is to set the probability of a single path to 100% to force a bot to go that way and no other way. Then I follow him and see if he does go where I intended. If not, time to troubleshoot. If all paths work OK, then I run a large number of bots on a given route node and check that the path probabilities are correct. Since they choose alt_roams randomly, you should run at least 100 bot iterations to get a meaningful measure of the probabilities.

Let us know exactly what happens if the wiki article doesn't help.

Old
  (#3)
Tiger

Hey, thanks for the reply. I see the forum topics don't always get replies I will look into it and let you know the results. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this issue. Thanks for the link as well.

Old
  (#4)
Tiger

Hmm, the link didn't work for me. It took me to some page with various other links but no text.

Old
  (#5)
Tiger

Well, I see a number of other links linking from that page that seem useful. I assume you wanted me to take a look at those particular pages. I'll go ahead and save the link to my favorites and browse through it when I get the chance. I saw some very interested information related to bot creation, etc., which I want to look into merely for the knowledge value. Thanks again.

Old
  (#6)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

the bindlestiff trapped a couple of extra characters in his link. The correct link is http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.php/The_Route_System and it is a funking good read! Note that for Fritzbot ET there can be 6 actions but in RTCW there can only be one action per route.