.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: Tribes 2 - Better bots
Old
  (#11)
Roberto

Default Re: Tribes 2 - Better bots - 13-06-2018

That's still a pretty major contribution, for the reason that you're saving other people a lot of time. I know for sure that I don't wanna start waypointing any half life maps, because I just wanna do something else, lol.

And It's not like I built these t2 bots either. I just added some small fixes/features to the massive original code that Lagg wrote, and spent many hours "waypointing" some maps.

The foxbot 0.79-beta3, I got it from you. It's nice to have the latest version possible. As said before, everyone who put effort into improving someone's gameplay experience for free, is appreciated.

Old
  (#12)
tschumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
Also, I just wanna say, I see that you're the one who made the opposing force CTF bots. It's awesome that you're working on that because it's harder to implement more than just DM bots. Love all you guys who contributed to making bots, maps, and waypoints.
Hey thanks - honestly I'm standing on the shoulders of giants though: without all the work botman did I probably wouldn't even be making a GoldSource bot.

Old
  (#13)
RoboCop
vBulletin Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
The foxbot 0.79-beta3, I got it from you. It's nice to have the latest version possible. As said before, everyone who put effort into improving someone's gameplay experience for free, is appreciated.
Well it seems like Zybby from Omni-bot had left some syntax errors and flaws since FoxBot 0.76 was released. The latest FoxBot still hasn't been fixed to work properly in Assault and CP maps, the Engineers aren't building their SG Turrets properly. But they work fine in CTF generally. I only have "slow" and "small" contact with RedFox and DrEvil who were behind the main development of FoxBot. But we could really do with their help, despite that they seem to resigned from the FoxBot project years ago.

vBulletin Webmaster since 2001

Tags
ctf bots, hard bots, tribes, tribes 2, tribesnext