.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Patch!!!
Old
  (#1)
Adder

Default Patch!!! - 14-10-2006

Hi people

Just installed the new version of fritz on my nephews server, is the patch neccessary? If so what does it do and is it working OK with the new version?

Been reading about bots having no mission etc when using the patch.

Cheers

Adder

Re: Patch!!!
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Patch!!! - 14-10-2006

The patch corrects out of date and missing maps. Running a server with older waypoints and cliemts with newer patched waypoionts should not create any conflict in the navs and aiscripts since these are only used server side. As to whether conflicting script files are ok I am not sure.

We are all trying to figure out these reported problems and identify the cause. The server side code did not change in the final release so it appears unlikely that the bot code is the cause.
And the map changes in the patch have been out and played on for many weeks and months in some cases.

My standalone host-client testing this week found no problems in battery, oasis, goldrush and rommel_final so far. The problems in sw_el_kef have only been when running it in a campaign that greatly increased the number of Axis medics and FieldOps beyond what the waypoints were designed for. And even then I have not yet found it to be adversely affecting game play.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Last edited by TomTom; 14-10-2006 at 21:30..

Old
  (#3)
Adder

I only use ten bots , 5 per side so so you think it would be OK to patch the server?

Cheers

Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Waypoint testing takes so much time that the only bot numbers that we can be reasonably sure of are those that the waypointer et al tested. Adding too many bots means that they may exceed the number of actions available for them at some point with variable consequences. Putting in too few may result in less than optimal bot objective play or team balance.

As to sw_el_kef it was designed for 7-7, 8-8 play it seems. Cvops and engrs are critical to the objectives and medics and fieldops rather important to the defensive and offensive camps., so go ahead and try 5 on 5 (with all classes) and then give some feedback.

May i suggest you create 2 fritzbot directories one patched and one unpatched 70b final. Then switch (rename, move etc) between them if you find any problems.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.