.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#31)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 01-08-2006

The new version (V3B14c) is now available in the filebase.
Changelog:
+Changed unstuck behavior - improved strafe and go back method in unstuck code. They should try to omit/obey the obstacle (or a bit go back and try again) instead jumping only
+Fixed answering to chat (bug included about V3B7c or a bit before - some order of code execution was changed by me and I didn't notice it's no longer executed)
+Added 2 new commands (exactly old command with new arguments) for waypointers:
pb wp teleport use - teleports the waypointer to the next waypoint with the falg USE_BUTTON
pb wp teleport camp - teleports the waypointer to the next waypoint with the falg USE_BUTTON
These commands are usefull if You are trying to fix old PB2.5 waypoint with old method of camp usage (with pb mm the old camp waypoint is causing to look the bot in some strange direction) and also with USE_BUTTON (old PB2.5 was placing that flag on every WP existing near some func_button - it may cause sometimes stupid behavior of pb mm bots if they have nothing to "use", but there is placed that flag).
The old "pb wp teleport wp_nr" is still working like before.
+Changed nades throwing - bots should aim better the position they want to throw the nade (the old calculation of the place the bot should look at during nade throwing was a bit strange).
+Fixed pb_debuggoal - it should work now everytime (before I noticed few situations they didn't want to go the WP I was requesting them to go)
+Changed the execution of the task FOLLOW_USER - bots should follow the user this way - they should take some random WP near their user
(but connected to the closest one to the user). If they are somewhere near their user, they should look at him (except if there is some enemy near by) and they should better unstuck if they are close to them-selves (to make a room to go).
+Changed - if the bot cannot reach its waypoint in some certain time it should reach it (or bot was doing some unwaypointed movement), during finding the WP near by it checks also the previous WPs and the current WP (for some reason before it wasn't so) and it checks if the new WP isn't in some danger (to fall down) area.
+Fixed button code - bots shouldn't stay anymore near some button and look infinitely at it.
+Changed button code - if there is a USE_BUTTON flag - they randomly decide to push or not the button (after first time noticing the WP with that flag; next vistit this WP -> new decision about pushing).
+Changed - the autokill function - if it's on and if the bomb is planted and there is no more alive human-players - the auto kill doesn't kill bots in this situation.

During few days I should also update the All-In-One - with AMX X 1.75a and newest pb mm beta.

Old
  (#32)
folo4

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 06-08-2006

somehow, the bots do not defuse a bomb.

why is that?

Old
  (#33)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 07-08-2006

If You can see a bug - post in the "Bug Report" sub-forum. I'll take a look at it.

Old
  (#34)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 14-08-2006

OK - V3 beta 14e is now available in the filebase:

+Fixed defusing bomb by CTs and planting by T (no one really noticed it? )
+Fixed swimming of bots (for some reason I saw they wouldn't want to swim)
+Changed - bots will hunt enemies more often now - normal and agressive ones - if there is the number of alive players in one team more or equal than
2 * alive players of the other team - they will try to hunt them (for example 2CT alive and 4T alive (or more) - they start to hunt them ).

Old
  (#35)
Spaghed

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-08-2006

What Metamod version do you use? The Metamod 1.19p28?

You first get the Full pack PODBOT MM R2B46d installed and then add this beta version?

I used to have podbot working fine... Someone stole my computer recently. It suxs and now I have to set up my bots again and I noticed this new Beta 3.0 Version.

Old
  (#36)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-08-2006

Lately KwO has been keeping the full installer up-to-date with the newest and latest beta version.
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222

It includes AMX X, Metamod 1.19 (I think) and Podbot mm.
Also i think the amx x version is in Polish instead of english
It doesn't bother me though.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#37)
Spaghed

hmm, my server randomly crashes still even after downloading http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222. I used to have this problem before. I run AMX mod and admin mod also. I dont run any commands on the bots except there are weapons restrictions on the shield and awp. I wonder if those could be interference.

META LIST:

Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] Adminmod RUN - admin_mm.dll v2.50.60 ini Start ANY
[ 2] AMX RUN - amx_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 3] CSStats RUN - csstats_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 4] Fun RUN - fun_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 5] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm.dll v3.0b14d ini Chlvl ANY
[ 6] VexdUM RUN - vexdum_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
6 plugins, 6 running

Old
  (#38)
woot woot

You have amx and admin mod. I believe that would conflict with each other. And even more with podbot... try just using one of them coz one is enough, you don't need both since that just takes up a lot of resources as well.

Old
  (#39)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 22-08-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghed
What Metamod version do you use?
Standard 1.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghed
You first get the Full pack PODBOT MM R2B46d installed and then add this beta version?
Yes, but You can also use that All-In-One mentioned by Ancient or You can take this fullpack for V3 (since last week) and check if there is some newer beta to update only.

Don't use AMX 0.9.9. It's out-dated version and has some troubles with compatibilities with bots. Use AMX 2006 or AMX X 1.75a (for example that one coming with my All-In-One). And also there is no reason to mix AMDMIN MOD with AMX/AMX X.
About that language setting problem in AMX X coming with All-In-One - You just need to find the file vault.ini in addons/amxmodx/data and find the lines:

server_language pl

and change to

server_language en

Bug reports please report in Bug Report forum, questions place in Common Questions sub-forum. This topic is dedicated podbot mm' updates only.

Old
  (#40)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 22-08-2006

V3 beta 14f is now available in the filebase.

+Fixed problem with spinning bots (the new path is calculated right after reaching the dest waypoint if the bot has been spawned more than 10 seconds ago).
+Planting/defusing should be finally fixed.