.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: for T-Wrecks and SoUlFaThEr new project
Old
  (#41)
Austin

Default Re: for T-Wrecks and SoUlFaThEr new project - 09-04-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
The door I failed to describe properly is one that's operated by means of normal buttons that need to be pushed by pointing at them and pressing the "use" key. THIS is next to impossible for bots and will cause nothing but problems.
Ok, I will restore the door I hacked and look for the one you are talking about.
Look for the new version in about an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Just one question: Is it possible to convert a pushable button ("use" key) into the kind of trigger entity you removed ("walk-into")? This would be a perfect solution to keep the original looks and add to the atmosphere (imagine a bunker door that just swings open...) of the level, while at the same time it would get rid of bot problems. But hey, even if that isn't possible, we know now that triggered doors can be changedd to untriggered ones - cool!
I don't know but will tak ea look. It most probably is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Doc
but please allow me one question - did you change both button triggered doors?

Oh, and by the way could you please make your installer less restrictive?! I tried to decompress into an empty folder as I need all maps in zip format...
BOTH triggered doors? Hey guys please tell me EXACTLY what doors and where they are that you want me to change. I don't play 2k so I don't know the map.

You have a good point about the installers. I will put in another option where, when it doesn't find (hl.exe or cstrike.exe in the chosen directory, hint, hint HINT!) it will give you the option to install anyway.

BUT my exe installers ARE ZIP COMPATIBLE!
1) Open up a new blank zip file.
2) DROP my exe installer on the open zip window.
3) THERE ARE THE FILES!!!

Last edited by Austin; 09-04-2004 at 20:38..

Old
  (#42)
Hot-Doc

Yeah, you're right, we're not alone... fortunatly!

Concerning the installer, I succeeded in using total commander to extract the installer .exe to an empty folder. Although the directory structure was broken no further problem, I just needed the modified .bsp and replace the one in an original archive. Just a small hint for those who might need it...

Nevertheless I'd be happy to have at least the option to install manually. Noobs could still go the easy way but I want to make my own mistakes...

EDIT: OK, completely useless post now, I'm just too slow for you guys...

Last edited by Hot-Doc; 09-04-2004 at 20:41..

Old
  (#43)
SoUlFaThEr

my update progress report

01. de_bitterwine Ready very clean now
02. de_belvaros Ready
03. de_chiapas Ready
04. de_iced Ready some very cool larger jump sequences
05. de_manila Ready one of my personal favorite maps
06. cs_1337_assault Ready in my opinion the best assault breakdown
07. cs_penthouse/cs_penthouse2 Ready its really the same map
08. cs_bikini Ready this will go in the Bikini release from us also. its too good not to include right away!
09. fy_iceworld Ready a deathmatch must-have
10. fy_pool_day Ready a deathmatch must-have
11. awp_map Ready THE awp training map, must-have
12. de_palais2k Ready really nice bot map
*(these below need work still)
13. de_pandemonuim
14. de_sampa
15. de_biochem
16. de_outrage
17. de_747
18. de_deadlock
19. de_stonepit
20. de_simpsons

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 09-04-2004 at 22:49..

Old
  (#44)
Austin

Default Re: for T-Wrecks and SoUlFaThEr new project - 10-04-2004

OK, de_prodigy2k is hacked perfectly to support yer bots!

The big door where you had to use the "use" key is now like the other door. Just walking up to the button triggers the door! This was CAKE. You simply change the spawn flags on the button from 1 to 257.

PM - do you know of a way to change the spawn flags of an entity when the map is loading? If so we could write a mm utility that would AUTOMATICALLY change all buttons from the "use" type to the walk up type! This alone could fix a lot of bot problems, WOA!

I also made the swinging open door a sliding into the wall door, and changed the door to be open 15 second instead of 5 seconds.

Check out the new map here:
austinbots.com/maps/de_prodigy2k(doorfix).exe

Let me know what you think and what map to do next!

Unsticking hostages is really easy to do.

Last edited by Austin; 10-04-2004 at 02:41..

Old
  (#45)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Code:
int Spawn_Post (edict_t *pent)
{
   if (strcmp ("func_button", STRING (pent->v.classname)) == 0)
   {
	   pent->v.flags = (new flags);
	   pent->v.spawnflags = (new flags);
   }

RETURN_META_VALUE (MRES_IGNORED, 0);
}
Same thing as the transparent glass bug fix.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#46)
crazywelder1

CAn some one post where to get these maps for
counterstrike 1.6 or does it not matter (FOR counterstrike 1.6) and most likely ur reply will be use GOOGLE but it would be easly if some one cold post it for me pLZ@@

Old
  (#47)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Same thing as the transparent glass bug fix.
PM, Thanks again man!

Crazywelder1
We are only getting started with these maps so we only have this one map done but many more to come. I think they run on 1.6, but I don't have 1.6 so I can't say for sure.

For this map download, get it here:
http://austinbots.com/maps/de_prodigy2k(doorfix).exe

Last edited by Austin; 10-04-2004 at 06:05..

Old
  (#48)
Hot-Doc

Hi,

last night I got a new email from the map author of de_prodigy2k, where he gave me a link to his fixed version. Unfortunatly he had taken care of the wrong button (same problem as with Austin's first version) so I wrote back to him explaining this problem and asked him to give it a second try.

This morning I saw Austin's Link for the now correct version of the map and I felt a little bit guilty, because double work this time also means two different versions of one and the same map (I hope my email with a link to Austin's version will reach him in time before he will try to fix his map again).

For this reason please let me do the following proposal:

Either do a metamod plugin. This would certainly be the very best solution, because this way all maps would work without manual changes and without bothering any map author. The only question is, if there would be map consistency problems while a player presses a use button that is server sided now walk-into.

Or if this is not possible, FIRST ask the map author if he is willing to fix it himself. This way the fixed version would be official so there wouldn't be any further problems.

And only if he is not willing or capable of doing this perform a manually change - but then give this map another name (for example with the suffix _if = inofficially fixed) in order to prevent problems with different map versions and different waypoint versions with all the same name throughout the net.

Just a proposal, without the intention to offend or criticize anyone (no, GREAT work Austin, I'm looking forward to playing de_prodigy2k with bots now! ) but I consider the problems mentioned above to be worth to think about them before continuing with manually fixed map versions.

What do you think?

Last edited by Hot-Doc; 10-04-2004 at 10:20..

Old
  (#49)
Austin

1) contacting each map author and asking for fixes is probably not going to work. It is too much work I think and it would take too long and some authors would not be found and some would not be willing to change their maps.

2) I AGREE with you that changing maps and keeping the SAME name is a PROBLEM! We need to have a map name system like you suggested _if or _bot_modified. Let us agree on something and then STICK TO IT. The waypoints would have to be renamed as well as changes the map name stored in them.

3) I will build a mm plugin and post the download link so everyone can try it.
It will simply change all the use buttons to walk up type buttons in all maps.

4) Yes, hostages CAN be moved UP automatically but sometimes they will be too close to a wall and moving them up would not fix the problem. But we can see what we can do... Look for the map button fix soon, in a few minutes.

5) What I am changing in the map is the ENTITIES.
ENTITIES on a dedicated server are read from the map ON THE SERVER AND then sent to the client. The client gets all the other information from their bsp file so:
You can modify the ENTITIES on the server, and clients with the original map will not have to download the modified map but they will ge the changed entities!

I think the best solution would be a metamod utility where you can specify a configuration file for each map, that specifies various actions to do like moving hostages, modifying buttons and doors. A lot like botman's stripper2 utility but with some changes specifically for making maps work better with bots.

Last edited by Austin; 10-04-2004 at 11:06..

Old
  (#50)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Yes, Hot-Doc had a very good point there. With a suffix added to the map name, confusion or incompatibilities could be avoided. -if for "inofficially fixed" might be ok, but if we ask the mapper and he fixes it, it's kinda official, isn't it? I suggest either -bf (bot-fixed) or (better, I think) -bc (bot-compatible), but in the end Austin is right: The most important aspect is that we stick to whatever we agree upon.

But of course, a metamod plugin that writes all necessary changes to a config file and can read and execute this config before round start would of course be the shit! Then, only the config files would have to be published somewhere, and voilą: everyone could play with bots! Besides, this would make map-modding much easier, so that many ppl could adjust maps according to their respective taste - be it with more spawn points, with guns lying around or whatever! Man, this could rock... 9_9

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.