.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?!
Old
  (#1)
1Shot1Kill

Warning Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 22-07-2012

Greetings,

I am the owner of the server ==The Devil's Playground== IP: 71.234.56.27015 it is a dedicated server, HL OzDM, Multiplayer, Version Oz 3.0 with bots. I have been having a hard time trying to configure my crowbar to do "one hit" damage when a player aquires the "super crowbar rune". In my weapons.cfg I had "damage_crowbar 300" which I know will take a player out in "one shot" being swung, what I am trying to figure out is what is the correct configuration I can use so that when the crowbar is being thrown (alt fire/right click) when a player has the super crowbar rune it will take out their enemies in one shot.

I have since put the damage down to 30 in my weapons.cfg which I know will not cause much damage if the crowbar is being thrown or tossed.

Is there a certian way to type the cfg? Is it supposed to be in a different location? In my weapons.cfg I notice it has settings for the super glock rune like this:

damage_glock 35
damage_glock_sniper 75 // must set glock_sniper to 1
damage_sglock 300 // Damage done when player has superglock rune

but for some reason there is nothing for the super crowbar rune. Can someone please help? I have looked everywhere, asked other server owners, searched and posted in the STEAM forums, just about done everything I could with no help what so ever. I'm not asking for anyones cfg, all I am asking is for the correct way to enable the super crowbar rune.

ON A SIDE NOTE: When I built my cfg, I was told nothing about super crowbar cfg, however playing on other servers I have noticed that players that have the rune are able to throw the crowbar and take a player out in one shot, so I know some kind of cfg exists.

Thx for your time, consideration and help.
1Shot1Kill

Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?!
Old
  (#2)
tschumann

Default Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 23-07-2012

Are you looking for the cvar which controls the super crowbar rune damage?

Old
  (#3)
1Shot1Kill

Default Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 29-07-2012

sorry for the late reply, yes I believe that's what I am looking for.

To be completely honest I am fairly new at running/building/owning a server. I was an ADMIN on various servers for years, and I was taught very little about server configurations and all of the "behind the scenes" information.

C:\HLServer\valve\cfg

in the cgf folder I have
colors
grapple
multiplayer
player
rhobot
special
weapons

so in my weapons cfg I am looking for the cvar to control the super crowbar rune, exactly as you said. I have tried so many cfgs but none of them work, so also I am asking where to put it. I would assume weapons?

thank you so much for your time and help. Again, I am sorry for such a late reply.

Old
  (#4)
tschumann

Default Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 04-08-2012

I think if you open up the console and type part of a cvar it should give you some suggestions, so I'd try using part of a weapon cvar name and see what suggestions you get.
I don't know what .cfg file you'd put it in, but I guess weapons makes sense, as long as it gets executed.

Old
  (#5)
1Shot1Kill

Default Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 10-08-2012

Ok thank you I will try that. I have since put up the damage variables; IE instead of 5 points damage to the head it's now 10 and so on. I just remember on one server I used to play on everyone was after the super crowbar rune bc with the throwing ability (alt fire\right click) all you had to do was hit the person once (in the head, I am assuming) with that thing and BAM you were dead. I thought "man if I ever make my own server I want that!" (not that I want to steal their cfgs, I just thought it was just so cool and unique. So that's what I am trying to figure. Thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Old
  (#6)
AARON

Default Re: Half-Life OzDM Dedicated Server Weapons.cfg Help?! - 11-08-2012

i would also like to know this.

Last edited by AARON; 11-08-2012 at 07:17..

Old
  (#7)
1Shot1Kill

Hello Aaron,

Have NO IDEA if you have edited your post since then, but what's in my e-mail and what's posted here are 2 diff things! I will deff add your server to my favs and check it out, will deff see about the crowbar settings like you mentioned..as far as other weapons, I am happy with my settings on those as they are unique and unlike any others (at least as far as know, but then again this IS HL LMFAO)! Thank you for all you're help! I will deff be in touch.

Old
  (#8)
AARON

yea i edited it because on mine the crowbar when u throw it will kill in 1 hit only without the rune not with it. sorry about that mistake on my part 1shoot. also its only sometimes it will kill with 1 hit not everytime. also would you know how i could trigger a custom sound to be played when someone picks up a rune? like it would play a sound i have named invisibilty(located in sound/misc folder) when someone picks up the cloaking rune. i have got 1 for each rune and want it to play only to the player picking it up.

Tags
bots, cfg, dedicated server, ozdm, weapons