.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#351)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-03-2010

New update - V3B20l:

+Fixed the problem with hostages staying above a bot (i.e. on a box). That should also help with defusing a bomb on a box (but that wasn't tested).
+Changed the function when the bot is changing the moving direction more than 120 degrees - now instead stoping the bot is slowed down.
+When the first player joins the team, the restart round happens after 1 second delay (instead 5).

Please test it and leave a feedback here. The feature with "use" button pressed when the bot is falling down and the parachute plugin is enabled still neeeds to be tested (I still don't know if it works with that plugin correctly or not).

Old
  (#352)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-03-2010

I have not tested build "L" yet KWo, but I can tell you that as for parachute, you fixed it perfectly in build "K". You can see that after a half a second from bot falling the bot will deploy parachute on time.

I think possibly, VERY rarely, when bot is going UP ladder, he is trying to deploy parachute, but this is VERY VERY rare. I haven't yet tested build "L" but will do tonight.

Re: Beta Testing : New update - V3B20k:
Old
  (#353)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Beta Testing : New update - V3B20k: - 08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Should they answer by radio even if pb_radio is 0 or by chat even if pb_chat is 0? The people will start to write me bug reports then...
No, i meant when pb_radio is 1. When pb_radio is 0, then there should be no bot radio, of course.

Quote:
Do You mean sv_restartround 1 instead sv_restartround 5? I have forgotten to change it.
Unfortunately there is still no "team join check". When user joins a server, sv_restartround 5 is executed.

-------
edit:

i did a quick test. Came across this:

Quote:
*DEAD* [POD]Bruce_Willis (100) : WTF, I wish someone better than would join the server
I also planted a bomb on the green boxes in de_dust and bots defused it. Not sure if it's the same. The bug is a good find by PauliusBa

@PauliusBa

If you ask for backup, or bots to follow you. If bots don't respond even if they decide to help you, how are you supposed to know what to do after sending out your radio message? If you know bots are coming for help, you will play in a different manner since you know shortly you will have backup. This information allows the player to alter his strategy because he knows bots will shortly arrive. E.g. player waits on his spot for the group to gather, then they rush. If the player wouldnt have known this, he probably would have rushed all alone because he assumed, there will be no backup.

That beeing said, this is of very low importance. The current bot radio status is release ready imo.

Last edited by CS1.6; 08-03-2010 at 20:25..

Old
  (#354)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1.6 View Post
Unfortunately there is still no "team join check". When user joins a server, sv_restartround 5 is executed.
Fixed in V3B20m (not released yet; waiting for other things to fix). I have tested it and it works now, but I had to add special copy of code to counting humans on the server different method. For keeping bots amount on th server (auto add/kick bot function), I have to count them as soon the player joins the server to kick a bot; otherwise after a while there are some bots there, but there is no free slot for humans... I don't like that, but I haven't had any other choice than count again humans when they are already in teams...

Quote:
i did a quick test. Came across this:

Quote:
*DEAD* [POD]Bruce_Willis (100) : WTF, I wish someone better than would join the server
What is wrong with this one (except missing player's name after "than")?

Quote:
I also planted a bomb on the green boxes in de_dust and bots defused it.
With previous build they didn't defuse the bomb in that place?

Old
  (#355)
mattisbogus

Quote:

I do not think so KWo, unless it was waypointed so the bot could jump from the platform to the green box and I believe the stock waypoints that come with podbot do not include this.

But now I think PauliusBa is saying that what the bot does now is just stand at green box and is looking up for bomb and is able to defuse. Previous that bot would not search for bomb above him, now he is able to, but I haven't tested this yet, but if so good find by PauliusBa.

Old
  (#356)
CS1.6

Quote:

What is wrong with this one (except missing player's name after "than")?
There is nothing else wrong. I don't know if the missing name is a bug or not. I just reported it.

Quote:
They did, i think. I have never noticed such a bug. I did this test because of this:

Quote:
+Fixed the problem with hostages staying above a bot (i.e. on a box). That should also help with defusing a bomb on a box (but that wasn't tested).

Old
  (#357)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Beta Testing : New update - V3B20k: - 09-03-2010

I'm glad to see you've been keeping KWo busy

I look forward to seeing the new bot soon.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#358)
PauliusBa

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 09-03-2010

There is one thing: after a bot kills somebody, it suddenly changes direction so inhumanly! There could be a half second, or better - betwen 0.1s to 1.0s delay after which the bot can change his direction so suddenly unless there are other obvious enemies around. But when there are no enemies.
Also, they seem to follow the waypoints worse than before but that may not be true. And they started to just shoot the ceiling randomly!

Old
  (#359)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 10-03-2010

Sometimes maps are built with thin layering and sometimes there are map attributes misplaced. So something that is too thin or is said to be shoot through, can affect the bots in a certain way.

Is the ceiling shooting happening in different places too?

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#360)
CS1.6

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 11-03-2010

BOT pings:

Hmm.. i noticed bot pings are updated every 1.0 second, right?
Human players pings get updated at (a minimum) intervall of 2.0 seconds (from my observations).

That's why you notice the bots' ping change too fast, when you watch the scoreboard for awhile. What is your opinion?

How about changing the "ping refresh value" from 1.0 sec to 2.0 secs in the code?