.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots leave before a player chooses a team
Old
  (#1)
pogsnet

Idea Bots leave before a player chooses a team - 07-03-2008

Bots leave before a player chooses a team, this is serious in GGC since most players their prefer to spectate only for EXP. The problem is the bots are all gone and left no more players playing. So I need to make minimum but the problem is if you want to make a 5 on 5 team remains whether it is bots or humans. You cant make 5 is the minimum bots what if many humans wants to join there are few slots left then.

I think this is a lot hassle checking the balance time to time.

Idea: I think podbot v2.x handles this stuff better than v3.x

Re: Bots leave before a player chooses a team
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots leave before a player chooses a team - 07-03-2008

If I don't kick the bot just in the moment when the human enter the server, in some cases You will experience the situation - there are some spectators on the server, there are some bots as well, but there is no free slots for other people to join. That's why it's done so - the human joins - the bot gets kicked. It's not a bug - it's expected work of the function.

Old
  (#3)
pogsnet

yes I get your idea but the problem is if there are more people gets spectate and every entry another bot is kicked then I found an instance that there are no bots remain and 1 terrorist and 1 counter terrorist left all human all AFK and more than 10 human spectate... so I need to make minimum bots... 2 bots minimum but this slot cannot be used by anyhumans in case needed.

My point is if there are 6vs6 slots per team and all bots occupied the slots when a human joins 1 bot is kicked but he spectate so we got 5vs6 playing and another human joins again (this time another bot is kicked) so we got 5vs5 but he spectate what more another human joins and spectate then we left no more bots. How about a human command like -openslot terrorist/counter typed in say (any player can do, 1 command on each player only to avoid abuse) easiest way for the bot to give way and kick itself.

BUG: The bug is, there is the possibility where no more players left in the game except all human spectators when bots kick itself if there is any human joining the game.

Last edited by pogsnet; 07-03-2008 at 13:44..

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

So Your problem is - You just need to put pb_minbots setting to the value You want to have the minimum number of bots all the time there. Please, read the docs to see the specyfication. The bug might be if there is something written how it should work, but You can see it works a different way. Otherwise it's not a bug.