.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Mapping > HL Engine Mapping
HL Engine Mapping Maps for the Half-Life engine Half-Life

porting a map
Old
  (#1)
op1e

Default porting a map - 21-09-2005

I got bored with my maps again and I'm trying that port of dod_avalanche to cs 1.6 again. I got bsp edit working but i cant join terrorist force to add their spawns. It just drops me in the middle of the map as a ct. need ideas on how to do this.

Re: porting a map
Old
  (#2)
Austin

Default Re: porting a map - 24-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by op1e
I got bored with my maps again and I'm trying that port of dod_avalanche to cs 1.6 again. I got bsp edit working but i cant join terrorist force to add their spawns. It just drops me in the middle of the map as a ct. need ideas on how to do this.
Doesnt' the map have ANY t spawns?
If not then open up the map in BSPEdit - the stand alone map editor not the metamod one. Look for a ct spawn, infor_player_start and change it to an infor_player_deathmatch. Save the map. Now when you load the map you will have a t spawn and you can do the rest in BSPEdit_mm in game...
Let me know how it works out..

Old
  (#3)
genmac
gunsmith

Default Re: porting a map - 25-09-2005

wow BSPedit! i really missed a lot after taking time off to hl stuff and mapping about 2 years ago. are there perfect decompiler now? oops sorry if that word is still taboo in the mapping business.

Last edited by genmac; 25-09-2005 at 21:11..

Old
  (#4)
Austin

Default Re: porting a map - 25-09-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmac
wow BSPedit! i really missed a lot after taking time off to hl stuff and mapping about 2 years ago. are there perfect decompiler now? oops sorry if that word is still taboo in the mapping business.
BSPEdit simply lets you edit the entities of a map.

For decompiling maps I think there are some really good ones now.
winbsp or bsptomap. Search google.

Old
  (#5)
op1e

Default Re: porting a map - 27-09-2005

ok, I dl'd regular bsp edit and changed the spawn so it worked for ct spawn. Now, how do I get rid of the damn thing that shoots you when your in the allied and axis spawn points? I tried deleting "trigger_hurt, but that didnt do it. Every time I screw it up and it wont load, I just extract it again form the gcf, so trial and error here I come!!! If I could get rid of that spawn kill entity I could start adding spawns and waypointing.

Old
  (#6)
op1e

Default Re: porting a map - 28-09-2005

ok, got rid of the spawnkill entity, it was the tanks, but bspedit wont let me save spawns without adding one for each team, and it wont let me change teams while in the map, i can only pick one when join. It tells me the other team is full, even though I'm the only one there.

Old
  (#7)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by op1e
ok, got rid of the spawnkill entity, it was the tanks, but bspedit wont let me save spawns without adding one for each team, and it wont let me change teams while in the map, i can only pick one when join. It tells me the other team is full, even though I'm the only one there.
Cool!
I almost posted a msg. yesterday telling you it is SOME entity in the map you can hack out. GOOD JOB ON FIGURING THAT OUT ON YOUR OWN...

BSP edit has nothing to do with NOT letting you join teams. It is the HL engine thinking it doesn't have enough spawn points to let you on the other team.

Make sure:
1) you have at least one of each type of spawn point in the map.
(Hit the f4 function key and BSP edit will list the number and type of each spawn point in the map.)

2) You don't have any bots in the map.
THEN you will be able to change teams.

Ohhhh, one thing that may be causing this.
DO NOT delete all spawnpoints once you get in a map.
The spawnpoints BSP adds has a bug. They are not functional until you save the map and reload it.

So for example.
1) you startup in some map as a t, and then delte all the ct spawns, NOW even if you add some ct spawns you will NOT be able to join ct because the HL engin doesn't think it has any spawn points for ct. You would have to save the map and then reload it to get he new ct spawns.

So, the simple answer is do not delete all spawn points once you get in a map. Leave at least one sp (for each side) that was there when you joined.

The readme talks about this in detail!
LOL.

If some HL programmer can tell me how to correctly spawn a new spawnpoint in the map I would appreciate it!

Last edited by Austin; 28-09-2005 at 02:52..

Old
  (#8)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

I think you need to run the engine's dispatchspawn.. from what I saw in the code it looks like you're only running the dispatchspawn hook in your plugin.
Code:
MDLL_Spawn (pNewSpawnPoint);

Old
  (#9)
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
I think you need to run the engine's dispatchspawn.. from what I saw in the code it looks like you're only running the dispatchspawn hook in your plugin.
Code:
MDLL_Spawn (pNewSpawnPoint);
Ah, yes thank ssPlOrYgOn, I am only settting the model.
Now even after I make the call the sp is still not there, probably because I am not setting all the parameters I need. I will study the stripper2 code some and see how it does it.

Thanks!

Old
  (#10)
op1e

excellent, I did not know about the f4 shortcut. I was looking for the spawns but did not see in list I was shown. I will try tomorrow, body telling me I need this stupid sleep thing everyone keeps telling me about.