meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Bots makes stupid things = )
Old
  (#1)
Empower

Warning Bots makes stupid things = ) - 30-05-2010

1) I was playing dust2 with default waypoints. 3 ter players vs 10 ct bots. And 5-6 rounds in raw there was nobody defending B. Why? When we planted only 3-4 bots were coming to us. Why??

2) Bots sometimes looking in some odd directions(walls,sky...).

3) I was spectating bots and saw this bug many times. Sometimes bot just stops and starts looking into the sky for 3-4 seconds and then continue actions.

4) On my server when bots dies they are falling slowly, not like humans. Why? It started happening when i changed server fps to 1024.

5) I met bot on open place we start shooting each other. I have 10hp left. And then the bot takes the grenade and starts throwing it in the me while I'm killing him. Isn't that stupid?

6) When bots win round they acts really strange. Can you make them look like humans.

7) I like bots tactics with usp they acts like humans, very nice

8 ) Bots awp are ultra stupid. I saw ct bots(hard bots) just running with awp, and looking for enemies. They should camp on bot spot, other camp zones for awp. And they should take secondary weapon when they wanna run somewhere.

Sorry for my English

Last edited by Empower; 30-05-2010 at 17:10..

Re: Bots makes stupid things = )
Old
  (#2)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Bots makes stupid things = ) - 30-05-2010

1) With a newly created experience waypoint (de_dust2.pxp) is just made, it will take more than 5 - 6 rounds for the bots to act more human-like and to be more tactical.

4) If I remember right, Counter-Strike only allows up to 900 fps or some high unthinkable number like that. Test to see if you lower it, to see if the bug doesn't happen again. Because I know that isn't a problem with Podbot MM.

5) Sometimes this happens, but lots of times it's just me surprising them or they are out of ammo and have no weapons to pick up.

6) What do you mean by #6?

8 ) There should be lots of camp waypoints in dust2 (if I remember right). And you make a good point on when sniper players would run with a Deagle or USP pistol and then use awp when camped, kneeled down or pausing when attacking someone.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots makes stupid things = ) - 31-05-2010

FPS above 100 is pointless. It is causing higher CPU usage which finally leads to lags. The game is not played more smoothly with FPS 200 than with FPS 100. Changing the weapon from secondary to primary takes time. Usually - after that - if it's a sniper weapon and You have to change yet the zoom, You are dead. This is the reason why they don't do that so often (only if the distance is too short).
BTW - what is the version of podbot mm You are refering to? Please write the number (don't tell me the "latest one").

Old
  (#4)
mattisbogus

What was the version of Podbot you were using?

Also it is possible to have over 900 fps, you can have about 15,000 to 20,000 fps with a metamod plugin called MM-timer.

Having the ticrate to high will cause Podbot to sort of, " run in slow motion " and " jump in slow motion " reduce the sys_ticrate and the bots should run/walk/die at normal speed.

Old
  (#5)
Empower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
1) With a newly created experience waypoint (de_dust2.pxp) is just made, it will take more than 5 - 6 rounds for the bots to act more human-like and to be more tactical.

4) If I remember right, Counter-Strike only allows up to 900 fps or some high unthinkable number like that. Test to see if you lower it, to see if the bug doesn't happen again. Because I know that isn't a problem with Podbot MM.

5) Sometimes this happens, but lots of times it's just me surprising them or they are out of ammo and have no weapons to pick up.

6) What do you mean by #6?

8 ) There should be lots of camp waypoints in dust2 (if I remember right). And you make a good point on when sniper players would run with a Deagle or USP pistol and then use awp when camped, kneeled down or pausing when attacking someone.
6) I mean it's strange when 5 bots that won round walking with duck or camping somewhere (I have never seen normal players doing such a things). Most of players when they wins round runs away, jumps,bhops, sprays, make other actions.
Ttry to play 1 vs a lot of bots, and look at them when they kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Changing the weapon from secondary to primary takes time. Usually - after that - if it's a sniper weapon and You have to change yet the zoom, You are dead. This is the reason why they don't do that so often (only if the distance is too short).
If you want to create hard bots try to watch like any pro/semi-pro awp player acts.

Almost all pro players walks with awp but they does it smartly(not like walking with ak47), zoomly checking places, after they came out they should be absolutely ready to make a shot.
watch this, you will understand what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6O7cI9xf00

Bots are 2 week = ( Me and my clanmate played vs 10 bots(skill 100) on dd2. It was sometimes hard with ak47, but when one of us took awp it was easy to make -10... Bots tactics against awp is ugly! They acts so "smoothly" like they are playing agains glock player.

Last edited by Empower; 31-05-2010 at 13:10..

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

2 people were already asking and You didn't answer:

What is the verson of podbot mm You are using (the number You can see while typing "meta list" in the console).

Old
  (#7)
Empower

Quote:
2 people were already asking and You didn't answer:

What is the verson of podbot mm You are using (the number You can see while typing "meta list" in the console).
v3.0B20a

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Use the latest build (currently V3B20t), then complain.
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...category&id=46

Old
  (#9)
Empower

Quote:
Ohh sorry I looked at other server dir, where are old pods and on server i'm playing bots were updated about 2 days ago.

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Bots makes stupid things = ) - 01-06-2010

Quote:
That info is outdated. The last version number now is V3B20u. The link is the same.