.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Two problem of a WolfMP map's :)
Old
  (#11)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Thumbs up Re: Two problem of a WolfMP map's :) - 03-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaF View Post
eh... TomTom, don't scold me, but I can't run GoldRush with GoldRush_eu nav. I renamed all fies that have been included in your pk3 (goldrush_eu to goldrush) but it doesn't work. Game just kick out me on the desktop before map have been loaded ....
Oddly I just had the same problem in a testing directory I thought was FritzBot ET 0.70c. I had fogotten that I had reverted that directory to 0.70b for some special testing a few weeks ago. SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING 0.70C (keyword fix beta, i.e. qagame_mp_x86.dll Jan. 16, 2007 date). Goldrush_eu waypoints will not load in 0.70b and ET may crash before the map finishes loading in 0.70b.

BTW I just found a minor bug in the goldrush_eu waypoints I will correct in the waypoint pak release.

Ran the et_dam_b1 waypoint a few times. Good first waypoints. There are a few things I could suggest as improvements. The biggest item is to get the Axis defence strategy to defend the final objective earlier, and to enable them to defuse earlier. I'll try to put together a PM next week with suggestions.

Re: Two problem of a WolfMP maps
Old
  (#12)
mikeqc

Default Re: Two problem of a WolfMP maps - 10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustymn09 View Post
Two new maps were added last night
glass_metal_b2 & glass_fallbeta1
If you could please give us some feedback on any problems you are experiancing with the maps please let us know.
i think its post at the wrong place.it sound like cs map.

Old
  (#13)
MetallicaF

Default Re: Two problem of a WolfMP map's :) - 19-01-2010

Hi, solders!
I have a problem with FritzBot!
Recently I learned a terrible thing about FritzBot! I really scared!
Original Rules Of ET says: axis_respawntime-30 and allied_respawntime-20 (exept railgun_map: axis&allied_respawntime-20)!
But FritzBot scripts change this "rules" in game time! Different maps, different options and different events and actions make different time of respawn!
And I asking - Why? For what? For balance teams? I don't understand...
Thanks for any help!

***Sorry for my bad English...

Old
  (#14)
TomTom

Yes waypointers may sometimes tweak respawn times to balance the teams. Our preferred goal is that a good waypoint of equal teams of bots by themselves will have neither team winning more than 2/3rds of the time. There are different ways to team-balance a map but when all else fails changing respawn times is an option.
When I test a map for balance I use equal numbers of bots and let ET run unattended for 10-50 cycles and check the counts of special cvars I have added to the map script. A very good waypoint will be 50:50 and an acceptable waypoint 1:2 or 2:1. Some maps aren't team balanced for even human players, they are difficult to team balance for bots. In problem maps I might give one team an extra bot, or change respawn times. Changing recharge times is another option that is rarely used since its effects are small with bots.

Old
  (#15)
MetallicaF

Yeah, good, I understand! But where I can get scripts for Fritz with unchangeable (nonchangeable?) respawn time? May I write in console cammand like a "\axis_respawntime xx" and respawn time will be constant all over the round? I want play with original rules!

Old
  (#16)
TomTom

Default Re: Two problem of a WolfMP map's :) - 20-01-2010

axis_respawntime is not an ET console command. In ET there are 2 fields in the Start : Advanced (Host Game Advanced menu). Never tried them and they won't work on map scripts that change the respawn time some time after game start AFAIK. What console command there is I can't think of right now.

Making custom scripts for FritzBot ET
1- you can copy out (unzip) the map scripts of the maps in the waypoint packs. (they are inside \maps folder named mapname.script) Then compare these to the original versions in the map pk3 files in \etmain. PK3 files are just zip files that have been renamed so the game engine will select them.
2- Next open these files in notepad and change the times. Most waypointed maps only change/set the respawn times in the initial game start. (game_manager{ spawn{...)
3- Then put your new script versions in a sub-folder named maps.
4- Create a zip file say z_Fritz_respawns.zip, and put that map folder with the script files into the zip file. I personally recommend you get a copy of Winrar, but Winzip works well too.
5- rename your z_Fritz_respawns.zip to z_Fritz_respawns.pk3
6- place z_Fritz_respawns.pk3 inside your \fritzbot directory. Run FritzBot ET to verify the changes.
This should work for both /sv_pure 1 and /sv_pure 0.

BTW: If you use /devmap mapname to run the map there is a command that allows you to temporaily change the name of the map script file from mapname.script to something else. But most users would get confused I expect using it so I won't detail the steps here.