.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > The RealBot 'Source'
The RealBot 'Source' Discuss things about the source code. You can here point out bugs, share ideas and code. Assign to become an 'official team member' and so on!

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#21)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 17-06-2004

yes, important areas are needed to give bots more options and make their goals diverse (and works quite well too). About lag spikes, i have altered the goal selection goal so they should be less (or gone) now.

the wav file is for some testing, the file can be grabbed from the AoS Fun Sound pack (see link at my website to AoS).

I thought the command was : realbot sound

and then you hear a sound "Damn i am good" from Duke Nukem. Its for testing purposes as i want Bots to have some voice stuff too Perhaps i will record multiple sounds for different locaitons so it looks like they really use Voice Com.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#22)
dead bwoy

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 17-06-2004

That would be sweet to see csbot vs realbot talking mad $h!t3 via voice com...

Old
  (#23)
Lethal

ALright thanks for letting me know.
Any chance of a hint for when the next release of realbot will come around.
Or are you going to improve something before releasage.
I mean a bug free version of wip10 would be nice since the bots are actually good when excuse the bugs but you said it yourself you did finish them so therefore they are not going to be perfect and i dont blame you since no is paying you to do this.
I guess you are doing this for yourself and people like me who dont have a good connection at home to cs.
Do you think may make it possible for realbot to support other half-life mods?

Last edited by Lethal; 17-06-2004 at 12:49..

Old
  (#24)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Well actually i have an ADSL connection so i don't do it for the bad connection. I do it because its fun to do

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#25)
[BBB]sluggo

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 18-06-2004

Error, memory could not be "read".
Got this message after the latest steam update when I type "/rank" in the game.
I'm running a listen server with the realbot WIP10 from filebase and statsme, WinXP and a P4. Let me know if you need more info.
If I type "/rank" when no bots have been added it works fine but once i add a bot the command causes a crash.
If I remove Realbot from metamod "plugins.ini" it also works fine.
Is it only me or does someone else have this problem. Maybe it's a statsme problem?

Old
  (#26)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 18-06-2004

the new source is updated so it does not crash anymore...

The IMGOOD12 sound from Duke Nukem...
Old
  (#27)
evy

Default The IMGOOD12 sound from Duke Nukem... - 18-06-2004

Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
the wav file is for some testing, the file can be grabbed from the AoS Fun Sound pack (see link at my website to AoS).

and then you hear a sound "Damn i am good" from Duke Nukem. Its for testing purposes as i want Bots to have some voice stuff too Perhaps i will record multiple sounds for different locaitons so it looks like they really use Voice Com.
As a couple of us would like to enjoy the realbot the same way as you do, would you mind posting the IMGOOD12.WAV file somewhere ? I was unable to google it.

Bedank in voorbaat

-eric

Old
  (#28)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

as i said you can grab the entire voice pack from the AoS website. Just go to www.clanaos.co.uk , grab the soundpack.

When you installed it you have a file called imgood12.wav in your sound\misc directory.

Old
  (#29)
[+Duracell-]

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 23-06-2004

I get a "NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer" crash when I run both the latest Realbot DLL and Podbot 2.6mm together.

Not sure which is the culprit, but I'm sure I didn't get that error when Podbot 2.6mm was the only bot running. And it happens sporadically...i can't pinpoint what's causing it. It usually happens after buytime, I believe, after I add all the bots onto the server.

Old
  (#30)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 23-06-2004

It's probably pb2.6mm if you don't have the latest beta..
R2.1 has the NUM_FOR_EDICT error in it..