.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Just saying hello
Old
  (#1)
Goyim

Default Just saying hello - 27-10-2004

Hi all. I only recently learned of this website. I am on the waypoint team over at Sturmbot (much gratitude to 1dod.com for hosting us). My goal here is to learn as much as possible. I believe I came to the right place, because you people seem quite knowledgeble. Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, and that I am looking forward to many enlightening discussions.

Re: Just saying hello
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Just saying hello - 27-10-2004

i like good discussions, so welcome!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Just saying hello - 27-10-2004

Heyyo,

Welcome to the site Goyim, and may your waypoints be plentiful and bursting with quality.

I added your waypoint section link to my stickey thread aboot "waypoints for all bots" as you requested. Thanks again for showing me that.

and yeah, we've got some good waypointers on here, some of the best for PODbot mm for sure. They're: Soulfather, TWrecks, Biohazard, and I (MarD... well, I'm not the best at it yet since I'm still trying to adapt to the new style of PODbotmm, makes waypointing much faster once you get the hang of it. ) There are many other waypointers out there that are good too, but sadly some no longer waypoint (TAZ, I'll always remember your work for PODbot v2.5, it gave me many hrs of pwnage )

What waypointing style does Strumbot use? (HPBbot, PODbot, Joebot, Realbot, etc.) cause if it's a bot we host here we can definately help you out with any questions/advice.

Ok, school time. LONG LIVE THE D Goyim.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 27-10-2004 at 19:06..

Old
  (#4)
Goyim

Default Re: Just saying hello - 28-10-2004

Thanks guys. I feel as though I stumbled across a real gem here. This website rocks. I personally use the Goyimbot style of waypointing. Which is to say, snipers galore and watch your back and be ever mindful of that next ambush.
MarD, I know you already know this. But I would like everyone else to know also: Tenacious D RULEZ!! If you ever get the chance to watch their video "Love" Her Gently, do NOT have food or drink in your mouth. For when they start double teaming Satan's old lady, you will laugh so hard, you may choke.

Last edited by Goyim; 28-10-2004 at 01:35..

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Just saying hello - 28-10-2004

Heyyo,

LMAO! yeah, that's a funny little music vid, n' small download too! (I think 5mb...)

The tribue music video rocks too, cause it has David Ghrol (Plays the Demon), Ben Stiller (A pedestrian who gives JB a weird look), and Lee (plays the cop).

Also, the Wonderboy music video's awesome, in epic proportions.

But yeah, if you wanna see the D making the most f'ed up stuff I've EVER seen, go get their Tenacious D Masterworks DVD, and watch the short clips on that 2nd DVD (yep! it's 2 DVD's big, you can't go wrong. ). I bet for all 3 of them, the D, and Liam Lynch were high, cause they're soo messed up n' wrong.

[EDIT]
Oh, also the live show ROCKS, and so does their 6 Mr Show episodes. On the live show? they have it all, the Saxaboom, all their hit songs, n' the... well, just watch it.

Oh, like, Parental Advisory for that 2nd CD, it's extremely hardcore... in more senses than 1.

Back to ontopic, but what I meant was, do you know what waypoint system Strumbot is based on? like, is it the HPB bot system? where if you create 1 waypoint, it connects to any nearby waypoint? (like, up to I think 30 other waypoints)

Usually it's easy to tell what waypointing system by the bot it's based on. Like, if Strumbot was based on the HPBbot template (most likely) then he probably just has a modded version of HPBbot's waypoint system.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 28-10-2004 at 06:33..

Old
  (#6)
Thirdeye

Default Re: Just saying hello - 29-10-2004

hey ... think for yourself question authority ...

Old
  (#7)
Goyim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdeye
hey ... think for yourself question authority ...
Too late. I have already ordered the Masterworks DVD collection from e-bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
where if you create 1 waypoint, it connects to any nearby waypoint? (like, up to I think 30 other waypoints)
That's exactly how it works, though I've never attempted to see if there was a limit.

Old
  (#8)
Exilibur
Arnfred

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Tool is great

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#9)
Goyim

Tool is definately cool. Though I've only heard three of their songs (Anemia, schism, sober), I rather enjoyed them quite a bit. Their videos are excellently done also. Very freaky.