.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?)
Old
  (#91)
Leagle
Failed student

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 07-10-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
I say, the major world religions are the SOURCE of nearly all remaining violence in the world.
Opinions ?
I disagree. Idiots. Idiots are the source of most of the trouble. The problem is, they don't recognise themselves as such and do me the favour of drowning themselves.>

RESISTANCE IS use-LESS!

Brother Boot Knife of Quiet Reflection

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. The text that you have entered is too long (492645 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

Old
  (#92)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Hmm, it's not really idiots I say, it's warmongers. Like look at Hitler, he was no idiot, he was quite the brilliant person, but he was a warmonger. Bush is just a warmonger, I'm not all too sure on the brilliant part yet though.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#93)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

I could name several factors:

- intelligence (lack of knowledge)
- which leads automaticly to educational perspectives
- religion
- the genes

etc.

It does not matter how you put it, i simply think its currently humans nature to destroy or attack anything that is not 'under control'. When not done with words, we do it with deeds.

Anyone watched the movie "K-Pax"? They refer to a race that is something like 'communism going all the way'. There is anarchy, yet there is not. Everyone respects everyone, as the race itself teaches their offspring from the start that as a race they are one and the same. As a race they can accomplish all, and as a race they can solve and tackle all problems.

Basicly thats the utopia for humans. Why do we stil have mass starvation? Simply because we do not spread all the massive food amounts around the world. I bet the oil problem will be even over, BEFORE 100% of the world start demading for it.

My 2 cents, 80% of the humans are just too short sighted, and stupid. 40% of those 80% is uneducated, ie, 3rd world countries, etc. The other 60% is just a fool or can't think for themselves. Which leads to the 20% 'smarter' people, where 70% of them are simply thinking of themselves and let the 60% (and the 40% if possible) of the stupid people do what they think. Etc.

A good example is Bush , he said "You are with us, or you are against us". So basicly, he thought the whole thing over and gave us 2 OPTIONS. Like, it is a choice.. Like, we CANNOT think about that ourselves, and thus 'he made it easy' for us. I'd say, stick it up ur ... (somewhere where its dark)... and let people think of their own. Its not a freaking test-question we're talking about. But no, most of the people in the world, do not want to think a lot, they have their lives, and somewhere in a country with oil, there has to be a war. But for that, we have to make a decision. And the decision "with or against us" is a clever formulation to let 80% of the stupid people just VOTE for an option, instead of THINKING about the entire problem themselves.

Argh, never mind, i am just too tired and i think my point is well stated.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#94)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard
Current Status: MIA

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 08-10-2005

Some good points thier stefan on the uneducated i actually agree with some of those points, and it was well stated. One objection though towards the end you began linking the iraq war with oil. The wars not about oil if it was we'd be getting out oil at about the same price as the iraqis which is 25c american. Out where i live its 3.00 exact for normal unleaded other parts of the country its up to 6 bucks about a year ago it was 2.03.

On the religious note i agree. I am a proud catholic. Not to offend anyone but most of the wars going on right now is started by the muslims oppressing the christians. a good example is the peacekeeping crap clinton got us into in bosnia. After the bosnian war was over we found out that the mass graves were actually graves of christians the muslims killed. not vice-versa. Still the leftist media out here wont air that cause it would smear clintons reputation. How do i know this? it was aired on fox news and my uncle who had to fight in bosnia also told me.

Now back the the religion. as i think i said above most of the wars that are going on are started by muslims against chrisitans. Look at africa, phillipens, some parts of the former satelite countries of the soviet union, and the 9/11 attacks on the us. also the 7/7 attacks on britian were all by muslims born and raised in thier country, and taught hatred by thier british mosk leaders.

Spamming RB Forums Since August 2001.

Last edited by -=RAV=-AdrianShephard; 08-10-2005 at 01:32..

Old
  (#95)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 08-10-2005

you could also say, what if there where no cristians... would muslims attack other people then (religion)? It takes 2 to make a fight. And it takes 2 to make peace.

I don't think muslims will just start a war for the fun of it, i can think of the following:

- retaliation (pay debts..)
- a gain of power (of any kind)

I don't think the muslims (most of them) just fight because the Koran sais so. And i've been told the Koran even is pretty friendly, perhaps even more friendly then the bible...

When i was 17, i was having diner at my ex-girlfriends place. And they where religous. Her mother read a story from the bible, where it had at some point a sentence which basicly meant this: "Anyone who does not believe, must be burned, hanged, etc"... Well, as a non-believer it did not feel very comfortable to hear that.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#96)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 09-10-2005

i think that i would feel unconfortable aswell.

Yes the koran states that people that kill infidels in the name of allah will automatically go to paradice. That is why they suicide bomb.

also they view the trinity as seperate gods, and that is against thier religion aswell.

Last edited by -=RAV=-AdrianShephard; 09-10-2005 at 05:44..

Old
  (#97)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 09-10-2005

is it what the koran states? Did you read it yourself? Thats the problem. I don't know what the koran sais. I only know what other poeple say...

Some say the koran does NOT reward people, some say they do. And thats the problem. You just believe what you want, and say " its in the name of <insert religion>" And you got yourself a perfect reason for long term wars.

Old
  (#98)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

Default Re: Did you come from Nukebox? (do u still go there?) - 10-10-2005

No i havent read the koran nor do i intend to, but that was told to me by a friend of myne that was from Jordan. He wasnt muslim though his parents were. His parents hated christians. My friend whom i will refrian from saying his name online was a church going protestant and his parents disowned him for it.

Also if i am offending anyone please say so i do not intend for this to be offensive in any way or form. This is just a good old debate (that wouldnt happen at nukbox from what i hear lol.)

Old
  (#99)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Actually thats my perfect example. It still does not show what the koran exactly said, its about the principle.

Anyway, even IF the koran would say something like that, i would expect humans to be more 'wise' then just to follow the rules of an old book all the way. Although i can imagine that as a believer you want to be as close to your religion. I think someone is a true believer only when he does that when he truely believes what he is doing, but also has the wider view of mind to accept the fact that not everybody believes what he/she does.

The latter one is explained as "egocentrism" , a lot used term with children aging 0-6 especially. The older they get, the less egocentrism they have (the most beautiful example is that a child of 4 expects that a person on the other side of the line of a phonecall can SEE what he/she sees...)...

So in short, free your mind , live the day!

(same for me, this is just a debate and i don't want to offend anyone at all either)

Old
  (#100)
-=RAV=-AdrianShephard

well said stefan.