.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Waypoiting Tutorials?
Old
  (#1)
AlmarM

Default Waypoiting Tutorials? - 10-12-2008

Hello players!

Im very new to FritzBot and I realy like the MOD, the bots are almost players .

But I want to start waypointing too... So my question is, are there any tutorials? Or could anyone explain waypoiting to me?

AlmarM

Re: Waypoiting Tutorials?
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Waypoiting Tutorials? - 11-12-2008

Welcome AlmarM
There are 3 general ways to learn waypointing using the wiki.

(1) If you also want to waypoint for RTCW then there is a complete RTCW tutorial by Denny plus a wiki article detailing the differences between FritzBot and FritzBot ET. There are some quiz questions too to test your knowledge of the differences.

(2) An ET specific tutorial is started and the first 3 articles are almost complete. These articles can guide you as how to invoke the waypoint editor as well as placing navigation nodes and connections. (FritzBot ET does not require that maps have AAS files BTW). The article on Actions is barely started as you will see. But other articles in the main wiki will help learn actions ( as well as Denny's RTCW tutorial). I will try to put a hour or two more on the wiki this week. However I am a bit too busy right now to complete it quickly.

(3) Or if you just prefer to get into things immediately the article FritzBot ET Creating Waypoints lists all the node types, attributes, flags and scripting keywords in a less verbose style.

I would suggest you start with a small simple map. ET_slide is used in the ET tutorial and a partial waypoint can be downloaded from my geocities page and used to learn on. Other maps in the Fritzbot ET waypoint training section are mainly for exercises in adding or sequencing actions. They can be useful once you master the navigation nodes and connections.

And I will try to answer any questions posted here (I try to check the forums a couple of times on most days)