.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

Re: Zombie Panic compatible bots?
Old
  (#11)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Zombie Panic compatible bots? - 07-06-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Even (3)Colors could do it. Now what ?
Yeah, but even You admited he was really smart.
About comparing to Your successes with turning HPB_BOT template in 2 weeks - look - there should be some reason why You are so known at a lot of boards and the people know You as a metamod genius. Not everyone can be the same like You...

Old
  (#12)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: Zombie Panic compatible bots? - 07-06-2005

maybe ppl new to bot coding should know that the first weeks of coding on a bot ( well, the first time, you gotta call it "getting used to the HPB template and at that time : detecting bugs" ) were not productive at all, although I worked several hours per day on it. And I think it wasnt much different for the others, especially reminding me of the numerous questions of pierre in botman's forums
sometimes ppl seem to forget that the bots out there are the work of often more than a year with often more than 1000 hours work in total spent on it. from todays pov there were of course several hours lost with stupid mistakes, problems in organizing code, and so forth. but most of us began with only little coding experience with projects of such size.

back to coding my second reversi bot ... a nice free time activity to relax from university

Old
  (#13)
BlazeHedgehog
Wanna-be

Default Re: Zombie Panic compatible bots? - 08-06-2005

After tinkering a bit, I realize I have no idea how to compile this. I've tried the free Borland Compile tools, but those gave me a long list of errors (26 in all). I tried Mingw in hopes that might help, but that doesn't even give me a list of command lines I could use with it like the Borland compiler did.

I'm not even sure I'm tinkering with the right build of the bot. (I decided to grab the "plugin" version instead of the "template" version) And I do compile bot.cpp, right? Or what? o_O

Last edited by BlazeHedgehog; 08-06-2005 at 07:33..

Old
  (#14)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

the easiest way is to get MSVC, open the workspace and hit F7

It should compile right away. (ofcourse you need to set up your libs, hl sdk dirs, but i thought the 'original' HPB could compile without these.?)

you don't compile bot.cpp alone, you compile the entire project. Bot.cpp is a part of the 'bot'. A bot needs more then just one file. The project exists out of 'parts' , ie, a bot brain. Access to the DLL, hooking, etc. Most stuff you don't really need to bother around the first time.

When you get it compiled, you should worry about bot.cpp , later on you can figure out how the other stuff works. Eventually , just follow the flow of the functions and their calls.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#15)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Nah okay. You should start a new thread for that. We'll help you compiling the stuff.

First, if you get the metamod plugin version, you have to get the metamod source code too, and the Half-Life SDK. But instead of doing that, we advise you to grab the HL bot compile pack we built up here at Bots United to ease a beginner's work. You can get it from here

Once you have done this, you can open the project file (.dsw or .dsp) file with Microsoft Visual C++ and hit F7 to compile the bot DLL, and it should compile without error

*edit* I updated the HL bot kit in the filebase with the latest sources. You can go for it eyes shut.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Last edited by Pierre-Marie Baty; 08-06-2005 at 18:48..

Old
  (#16)
BlazeHedgehog
Wanna-be

Default Re: Zombie Panic compatible bots? - 02-09-2005

Okay, so. Now that I have time to dedicate to this, I am somewhat interested in picking up where I left off. Furthermore, I am now aware that perhaps it would be a better idea to ask this first:

What, exactly, is required for "putting the hooks" in HPB bot to get it to load in a seperate mod? It's been awhile since I looked at what I did back in... cripes, April? Looks as though I edited bot_models.cpp, h_export.cpp, and bot_weapons.cpp in an attempt to make the bot use Zombie Panic stuff (dlls, models, weapons. I make Zombie Panic identify itself as VALVE_DLL, which may or may not be a smart idea)

Is that all I need to do? Should I go ahead and start that new topic on compiling and whatnot?

Old
  (#17)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Better start a new tread and post there your questions. Btw you don't need to rename the mod.dll file to work with HPB. You just need to add support for it.
#define ZombiePanic_DLL ZPfolder/mod.dll
After that just use the h_export to add this to be loaded, After that update the linkfunc.cpp. Better read the botman readme file. All that stuff is wroted more clear there.

Old
  (#18)
BlazeHedgehog
Wanna-be

Done.