.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Aliens exist?! The FBI claims so...
Old
  (#1)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Aliens exist?! The FBI claims so... - 15-12-2004

Direct quote from the official FBI(.gov) site:
Quote:
War for the United States began December 7, 1941, when Japanese armed forces attacked ships and facilities at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The United States immediately declared war on Japan, and the next day Germany and Italy declared war on the United States. By 9:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on December 7, the FBI was in a wartime mode. FBI Headquarters and the 54 field offices were placed on 24-hour schedules. On December 7 and 8, the FBI arrested previously identified aliens who threatened national security and turned them over to military or immigration authorities.
WTF is happening in the last sentence???

This is not taken from some crap site, but directly from here:
http://www.fbi.gov/libref/historic/history/worldwar.htm

Scary indeed!

Re: Aliens exist?! The FBI claims so...
Old
  (#2)
Rick
Council Member

Default Re: Aliens exist?! The FBI claims so... - 15-12-2004

Isn't alien more like "stranger" or "from another place", so could just be someone from another country like Germany or Italy.

Old
  (#3)
MusicMan

I guess they mean illegal aliens... if not... scary indeed!

Last edited by MusicMan; 15-12-2004 at 22:59..

Old
  (#4)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker
Direct quote from the official FBI(.gov) site:

WTF is happening in the last sentence???

This is not taken from some crap site, but directly from here:
http://www.fbi.gov/libref/historic/history/worldwar.htm

Scary indeed!
hahahahahaha LMFAO .... thats funny you thought they where real aliens hahah sorry... but that is funny

they are talking about illegal aliens... which would be a person who comes to a country illegaly like if i went to like germany without a passport and verification i would be an illegal alien there

Last edited by biohazerd87; 15-12-2004 at 23:47..

Old
  (#5)
sfx1999

Default Re: Aliens exist?! The FBI claims so... - 16-12-2004

Worse has happened. The government rounded up Japanese Americans and threw them into camps. Their property was forclosed and sold. However, recently each of them were paid $20,000. I think it was the 80s.

I have heard that some people tried to get them out, but the supreme court ruled it legal. I have to wonder why Roosevelt didn't order their release.

They were released when WW2 ended.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Oooh, there's been more of that fashion. Can't have been fun to be a Communist (or only having stayed at the place of a person who was a Communist, but without knowing that he was) during the McCarthy era, either...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#7)
sfx1999

I'll say. People were arrested, thrown in jail, and denied a lawyer. People that went to visit them were arrested, too. It wasn't just Communists, either.

Who arrested them? At the time, it was the General Intelligence Division of the US Department of Justice. It later became the Federal Bureau of Investigation. They have been violating civil rights for years!

Some interesting reading for you might be to research the Boston police strike, and A. Mitchell Palmer. There are other events I can't think of off the top of my head.

An interesting fact: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (now the
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) was originally part of the Internal Revenue Service. I think the IRS had a different name back then, though.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#8)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

lets not bash other countries please... yes yes i know i am from the US and i have a complete moron for a president, look i didn't vote for him

Old
  (#9)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx1999
An interesting fact: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (now the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) was originally part of the Internal Revenue Service. I think the IRS had a different name back then, though.
this is nothing surprising... the selling of alcohol, tobacco and firearms is what represents the most federal taxes for the government, hence it's perfectly normal that its regulation bureau be part of the revenue service or whatever it is called. I believe it's pretty much the same in France (except for the firearms and explosive thingy, nobody would be dumb enough to allow uncontrolled selling of firearms and explosives to particulars).

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#10)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazerd87
lets not bash other countries please... yes yes i know i am from the US and i have a complete moron for a president, look i didn't vote for him
I don't think this is "bashing other countries"... such things as described in this thread are not, and have never been, specific for any country, neither the US nor others. You don't have to dig deep into any country's history to find similar cases. The other day there was an article in our newspaper about Muslims in Great Britain... it's not that bad there (yet), but according to that article, Muslims face a similar social climate like other minorities did when there was some trouble with the countries or cultures they came from.
Xenophobia or fear of certain political, cultural or religious groups always rises when there's a general feeling of insecurity in a country. Recent statistics proved that here in Germany the situation is no different, although our particular history prevents people from uttering their fears and opinions openly - but they are there... And which country would feel more insecurity than the USA, the only remaining world power, the country which has never been invaded by any other country, and which is constantly pumped full of fear by that unholy trinity of government, economy and media? Get a gun to defend yourselves, watch your neighbours in case they are Communists, Muslims, Blacks or whatever... dangers and terrorism are anywhere, be prepared any minute... that's the sermon they preach. And that's why so prominent examples of fear-induced paranoia can be found in the US, but as I said: It exists everywhere, and I had no intention to "bash" any specific country - the McCarthy era just came to my mind as another good (because wider-known) example of what sfx1999 mentioned.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.