.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

Re: players vs bots
Old
  (#31)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: players vs bots - 13-06-2005

Heyyo,

Ok, one thing that could be bad is if you diddn't install metamod the default way. Now you see, metamod default install for hlds is this:

steamapps\dedicated server\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll

if that checks out? then epodbot will automatically load metamod once epodbot's done loading. It's pretty neat I say.

aright, another thing, check your "plugins.ini" file for your metamod installation, make sure it loads only non-bot plugins. so no PODbot mm, and yapb. I'm sure both and anyother modded versions of podbot can screw up your epodbot. amxmodx requires you to plug it into your metamod, so obviously have your "plugins.ini" load up amxmodx.

After this? it should be fine. If not? If you'll let me, I could try remote controlling your pc and then I should be able to sort this thing out. I use a program called realvnc, very good stuff: http://www.realvnc.com/ if you have a few computers around the house, it's very handy as you won't need to get up just to walk across the house or whatever just to use another computer. Heh, they've been upgrading it quite a bit and have enabled remote controlling from even full screen I believe, so now through realvnc I can play monkey island on me sis's computer from mine! ! lol... wouldn't it be sad if it became soo efficient I'd actually run better remote controlling a pc to play Unreal Tournament 1 than playing it on the actual computer you're at? If so.. I'd probably be gaming it up right now on this school computer, lmao.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#32)
brettyboy879

ok i think im just gonna erase the addmons folder, and the epodbot folder, and jsut reinstall amxmodx and epodbots to start fresh.

as for the remote control, yeah sure thing, im open to that. I use logmein.com cause u dont gotta download any programs. But did you say that you can play games thru that realvnc????? thats dope!!! with logmein.com it wont let me play games.

alrighty thanks

my AIM is brettyboy879 if u use that and you already know my msn messenger.

Old
  (#33)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Well, you can KINDOF play games through it.. it's still verry lagged, but hey, it's on its way. If you've used a previous v3.3 release you'd see what I mean. dragging windows around is now pretty smooth, and it used to not even handle full screen mode. Now it can. Heh, I'll try n' control me sis's computer right now n' try n' play a game, I'll see what happens

BAHAHAHA! a refresh rate of 0.4 f/s!

Obviously, I need to figure out how to jack that up more.. it's probably an option only in the pro versions to change the refresh rate. I tried it fullscreen as well, but that was also very slow, same speed.

PIC!

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#34)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Your amxmodx stopped work because now You don't have the call to metamod in his latest target line You have:
+localinfo mgamedll epodbot/epb.dll +localinfo mbotmod epodbot

no metamod call -> no AMX MOD X and no other fun plugins work...

Because it's impossible to get to correct work the line like:

+localinfo mgamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll +localinfo mgamedll epodbot/epb.dll +localinfo mbotmod epodbot

(two times called mgamedll) - so it wouldn't work until THE_STORM will change epodbot into a metamod plugin (one reason more to do it). mEAn may call only one mgamedll - metamod.dll or not_mm_bot.dll. One of them will work - the other will not.

[EDIT]
But try this way:

+localinfo mgamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll +localinfo mm_gamedll epodbot/epb.dll +localinfo mbotmod epodbot

Now it's metamod calling epodbot and dunno if it would work with mEAn.
This line seems to be too long - create in notepad the file called autoexec.cfg (if You don't have it already) in cstrike directory (You have there Your liblist.gam file) and write in it these lines:
+localinfo mgamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll
+localinfo mm_gamedll "epodbot/epb.dll"
+localinfo mbotmod epodbot
Then remove that target line in the shortcut and try to start the game again.

[/EDIT]

Last edited by KWo; 14-06-2005 at 00:02..

Old
  (#35)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: players vs bots - 14-06-2005

Heyyo,

KWo, we have epodbot currently able to load metamod dude. If metamod's installed in the default directories, yeah, epodbot should load it.

So another way he could try to load epodbot with meanmod is make meanmod think it's the default PODbot 2.x (not podbot mm).

+localinfo mm_gamedll epodbot/epb.dll +localinfo mbotmod podbot

that should technically work as well.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#36)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Kwo, that's a very interesting solution and it may work, but I'm not sure.

I just realized that because e[POD]Bot is NOT a metamod plugin, so you don't need to have mEAn load metamod. Instead you can have metamod load mEAn and have mEAn load epod.

Modify your liblist.gam file to load metamod:

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

Modify your command line so that metamod loads mEAn and mEAn loads epod:

+localinfo mm_gamedll mean/mean.dll +localinfo mgamedll epodbot/epb.dll +localinfo mbotmod epodbot

I hope this finally solves the problem.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#37)
Whistler
Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmeister
I just realized that because e[POD]Bot is NOT a metamod plugin, so you don't need to have mEAn load metamod. Instead you can have metamod load mEAn and have mEAn load epod.
...and EPB will still try to load Metamod -> infinite loop.

so install metamod.dll to somewhere else instead of addons/metamod/dlls, such as addons/metamod/dll

Old
  (#38)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

KWo, we have epodbot currently able to load metamod dude. If metamod's installed in the default directories, yeah, epodbot should load it.
What the hell You are talking about? Why bot.dll should load metamod? If want to use metamod and bot.dll (not being a mm plugin) You, guys, 've need to load metamod from liblist.gam and then as localinfo use mm_gamedll "bot\bot.dll". That's how I've been always using metamod and old PODBOT2.5. I don't see the reason why bot.dll should load metamod.

Old
  (#39)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Well, people wanna use metamod plugins with epodbot, and LN diddn't want to have epodbot as open source (which metamod requires for plugins) so we just had epodbot load metamod. Now people can use epodbot with metamod and their plugins like amx mod n' so on.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#40)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: players vs bots - 15-06-2005

@ MarD - try to read again what I wrote in my previous post. I used old PODBOT2.5 (not being a mm plugin) and metamod with StastMe and ClanMod (after I switched to AMX (AMX X). Before 16.06.2001 (mm 1.08.00)
it wasn't possible to use mm and bot.dll (not being a mm plugin) together. But since 16.06.2001 You can use as localinfo mm_gamedll "bot\bot.dll" and don't need to load mm from bot.dll anymore.

Last edited by KWo; 15-06-2005 at 08:58..