.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but....
Old
  (#1)
dballs442

Default path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but.... - 22-04-2009

so as i was waypointing a map i went to "check" for errors (with menuselect 7) and got "Path broken from waypoint nr. 144 (w/e) to waypoint nr. 0".

well in my cleanup of the waypoints i deleted waypoint nr. 0.

what now? do i really have to start all over again?!

why is it still checking for a way point that doesnt exsist. why must all waypoints be tied to waypoint nr. 0?

should i just ignore this and save anyways?

Re: path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but....
Old
  (#2)
BrainZtormZ

Default Re: path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but.... - 22-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballs442 View Post
so as i was waypointing a map i went to "check" for errors (with menuselect 7) and got "Path broken from waypoint nr. 144 (w/e) to waypoint nr. 0".

well in my cleanup of the waypoints i deleted waypoint nr. 0.

what now? do i really have to start all over again?!

why is it still checking for a way point that doesnt exsist. why must all waypoints be tied to waypoint nr. 0?

should i just ignore this and save anyways?
I think the error is not caused by waypoint No.0 (which was deleted), but it is caused by waypoint No.144! The path is broken there (so the bots can go there but they can't get back to all of the available waypoints (CMIIW)). Make sure all paths from No.144 to all waypoints are exist, or make sure there is at least 1 one-way connection from No.144 to other waypoint (and vice versa).

Old
  (#3)
dballs442

Default Re: path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but.... - 22-04-2009

thanks for your reply.

however i am not new to waypointing. i understand your concern but this isnt the case i dont believe.

waypoint 144 is just an example. it happened in other places in the map where the waypoint is in the midst of others. i try deleting the waypoint and creating a new one to just be zapped to another place in the map when hitting "check". all say that the path to waypoint nr. 0 is broken. but again waypoint 0 doesnt exsist anymore.

waypoint 144 is in the middle of 2 waypoints along a bridge with both in and out going paths (yellow).

Old
  (#4)
BrainZtormZ

Default Re: path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but.... - 23-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballs442 View Post
thanks for your reply.

however i am not new to waypointing. i understand your concern but this isnt the case i dont believe.

waypoint 144 is just an example. it happened in other places in the map where the waypoint is in the midst of others. i try deleting the waypoint and creating a new one to just be zapped to another place in the map when hitting "check". all say that the path to waypoint nr. 0 is broken. but again waypoint 0 doesnt exsist anymore.

waypoint 144 is in the middle of 2 waypoints along a bridge with both in and out going paths (yellow).
Okay, if waypoint No.144 is connected correctly (i mean there is an IN and OUT connection there), then the problem is not in waypoint No.144, but probably in other waypoint around it. Looks like my sentence is too confusing for you (and also for myself! ). I want to tell directly the problem to you but I can't, caused by my poor English. So let me tell you first about how waypoints being checked, so you can understand the problem.

Oh yeah, about the waypoint No.0 deletion, if waypoint No.X is deleted, then all of waypoint number above X is decreased by 1. So in this case waypoint No.1 is become No.0! So (the new) waypoint No.0 is still there!

Let's continue. If (for example) we want to waypoint a map that just a long empty corridor, so it's only need 6 waypoints which placed "linearly", like this:

Code:
O    = Waypoint
<--> = Two-way connection
---> = One-way connection

O <-----> O ------> O <-----> O <-----> O <-----> O
No. Index:  0         1         5         4         3         2
Please note that the waypoint number from left to right is 0, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2. and there is only ONE WAY connection between 1 and 5 (so bots can go from 1 to 5 but not vice versa).

This is how waypoint being checked, first it will check waypoint No.0, can bots from there go to waypoint No.1? Yes, they can, because there is a connection. And it will do the same check for waypoint No.2, No.3, No.4 and No.5 sequentially. And of course all of them pass the check, because there is some path (path here means a group of connections linked together. Ex: From 0 to 4, the path is 0-1-5-4, and path in this case is only one-way) to get there. It will also check for waypoint No.1, same as before, it will check if path to No.0,2,3,4,5 is exist. All of them will also pass the check (you can try to proof it by yourself)

And here comes the problem, when the engine check waypoint No.2 (remember, waypoint checked sequentially), if there is exist a path to No.0. Sadly, it found nothing and will zap us to waypoint No.2 and write "Path broken from waypoint No.2 to waypoint No.0". And then we check manually if there is something wrong with waypoint No.2. But there is nothing wrong there, there IS a two-way connection to No.3... But actually the problem is not there. Can you understand the problem now? I'm sure you can! If you don't understand some of my explanation, please ask. So, good luck!

Old
  (#5)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: path broken from waypoint nr. 0, but.... - 23-04-2009

Think of the waypoint system like a remote control that requires batteries.
The waypoint system is the remote control and the batteries are the waypoints placed on the map. If not all the waypoints are connected properly, you must adjust.
It's the same way for putting some battery's in a remote control, if everything doesn't connect properly then nothing works.

This problem with waypoint nr. 0 is that you made some one-way waypoint paths and didn't make another path or route. To avoid this, make sure all of you waypoints are connected to a two-way waypoint path. If all else fails, try and make all waypoint paths two-way paths.

What you need to look for is some waypoints leading to a corner or dead-end area of the map. Look at the waypoint paths, if they are all one-way leading to the dead-end, then that is the problem.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]