.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: intel_center waypoints
Old
  (#11)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 23-04-2008

Enigma: perhaps my solution to similar goal tracker problems will help. See my posting at http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=6617

Old
  (#12)
enigma1

Hi bindlestiff, I tried it with action groups before the roams and did not work. I could not try it with single actions as there are many combinations among the 14 flags. With groups did not work, fritzbot did not like the fact that I was assigning all the flags of each team to the same group. darji2 has the conditional in comments in the .aiscript. I changed things since then but it lists groups 20,30 as the ones I was playing with.

Thanks
CK-Chaos

Old
  (#13)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

2- Not certain, if it is the steal goal tracker bug then it may be more likely that something like a barrier was constructed/destructed at that point in time. If it happens again pause the bots, extend the timelimit and query the g_action_info of the steal vs the goal_num when the gold is in the bank. Does the steal really get permanently turned off by accident? is something else out of sorts? I am sure CrapShoot would appreciate any bugtracking.

(this is in answer to the bottom of page 1 if you have not guessed)

Last edited by TomTom; 24-04-2008 at 00:08..

Old
  (#14)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 24-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma1 View Post
the func_explosives do trigger without problem using the extra func_explosives. I was getting the problem initially when I tried to use the original ones. And it was intermittent. From the results sometimes the action will be invoked as expected in the .aiscript some other times it wouldn't and the nodes would not connect. And there was one instance where the nodes ended up double-connected.
the double connections is a known bug. in some cases action tests are being called twice with dynamite / explosive actions. Maleficus and I discussed it a while back and unfortunately he never found the time to fix it. I suspected it had to do with unreliable results being returned with an engine function (trap_EntitiesInBox). Although I have never seen a case where explosives never triggered a correctly set up action test, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Old
  (#15)
enigma1

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 25-04-2008

Quote:
the double connections is a known bug. in some cases action tests are being called twice with dynamite / explosive actions. Maleficus and I discussed it a while back and unfortunately he never found the time to fix it. I suspected it had to do with unreliable results being returned with an engine function (trap_EntitiesInBox). Although I have never seen a case where explosives never triggered a correctly set up action test, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
It may be specific to the intel_center map, not sure. It could be the .script file or the bsp not being working properly? I remember using the same approach for the mlb_temple map and the nodes would connect correctly every time. I prefer to use the existing entities where possible instead of adding new func_explosive entities.

Old
  (#16)
TomTom

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 25-04-2008

You can also just do the workaround of node_disconnect before node_connect. For example action 50 in my v1rocket_b2 handling the fueldoor.

Old
  (#17)
enigma1

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 26-04-2008

Hi Tom. yes I thought about it and tried it earlier on it would work against the double connection, but there were instances the nodes won't connect at all, basically looked like the original event was never triggered at all in some cases (although the wall did blow up)

Old
  (#18)
nedd3h

Default Re: intel_center waypoints - 05-05-2008

quick question... are we talking about Intelligence Center (beta 2) ??
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...e_Center;39675

if not, which version and please provide a link to the map

Old
  (#19)
TomTom

Yes that should be the map. You can always check the wiki article nova2001 started for map status for some map download links. I am maintaining the article for those waypointers that don't do so yet.

I would also point out that I have already referred enigma1 to the prefered readme format which has space for map download links

Old
  (#20)
enigma1

Yes the b2 is the ext for the pk3. Internally the scripts are named just as intel_center. That is the latest I had; got it from the Bunker Gaming, where I use to play from time to time.
http://bunker.aaxxss.com/forums/index.php