.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

who still waypointing?
Old
  (#1)
mikeqc

Default who still waypointing? - 28-10-2009

hi everybody!My big question is, is it only tomtom who still way-pointing?Is that mod become dead?Anyway there some map i wish it could be waypoint.mlb_beach,mp_tram,theriver2redux,1944_bea ch.thx in advance tomtom(!LOL)bye.

Re: who still waypointing?
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: who still waypointing? - 28-10-2009

Yes I am the only old waypointer currently still regularly waypointing, but we have recently seen a new waypointer do one for mp_dam so the mod is not totally dead. Furthermore I encourage anybody who likes the game, likes learning new things and can think logically to try waypointing a small map. There is a lot of satisfaction in thinking up how you would have the teams attack and defend and then 'program' that in the in-game waypoint editor and sequence it in the aiscript file. There are a lot of tutorials in the official wiki if you want to learn (hint: username;wiki, password:nospam)

Writing programs is even more fun when you can pwn it in a fair fight

Old
  (#3)
mikeqc

HI tom,yeah i download is waypoint for mp_dam,very cool!and I think im gonna look for instruction for doing waypoint!do you know where it explain in french?and by the way do you know if we can find som waypoint for fritzbot somewhere else?

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Les tutoriaux sont toutes en anglais, Hélas. Je voudrais traduire une des pages de référence mais ça prends beaucoup de temps. Et actuellement j'ai beaucoup des travaux à faire ailleurs.

Sorry but the wiki is in English as far as waypointing is concerned. You could try learning Bobots. Some of PAV's bobots waypoints are pretty good too. (before waypointing FritzBot, I tried my hand at a very old version of Bobots. There are some simularities at the most general level)

Old
  (#5)
mikeqc

Default Re: who still waypointing? - 01-11-2009

Salut! jai downloader botbot 04-08 tres beau mod!mais pour les waypoints ou l'IA ,ca laisse a désirer!pour moi ,fritzbot reste les meilleures bots pour enemy territory!estce que malicious va retravailler 1 jour sur ce mod?

Old
  (#6)
TomTom

Default Re: who still waypointing? - 02-11-2009

Maleficus travaille toujours à la compagnie Id (Sur quel projet actuellement j'ignore, mais il a commencé par le jeu d'ETQW en 2006). Son desire de continuer avec ses FritzBots doit attendre jusqu'à son employer lui permet le temps et la liberté de continuer . Biens des employeurs consider que toutes logiciels que leurs programmeurs faits, (même coder dans leur temps libre) appartients à la compagnie. C'est bizarre mais commun.
Maudit Windows! Plusiers fois je faits un command pour changer le clavier et il refuse totalement!!Arrgh!
Mal wanted to but can't at the moment for job reasons AFAIK.

Old
  (#7)
craigII
Old Member (aka Craig)

Default Re: who still waypointing? - 07-11-2009

Hi.

my old account "craig" has been banned by the spam police on this site.. . So this new account craig2 is my new one.

I've been using/playing fritzbot since the early days, but family commitments stepped in about the time mal released the et version of it.

I occaisionally still play rtcw, and to a lesser extent et.
But pretty much always with the fritzbot mod.

Anyway - I've waypointed rtcw te_tundra recently, but not made it public yet.

And I am working on one of my own rtcw maps - which was an on-again off-again development since about 2006 (!) due to time constraints.

That map is currently for rtcw - but could easily be recompiled for et at no extra cost. I am happy to make all of these available in the public domain, but have no current website to post them to.

My own map is having some bizarre issues under fritzbot - which I am going to post a query on - but it could just be too big/complex for the fritzbot mod. Not sure.

I may need to see how it runs under et.

Anyway - I still use fritzbot, and would be putting up new waypoints if I was less lazy.

I guess the lack of new maps, is a good reason why there are less new waypoints.

I did work on waypoints for (et) transmitter with bindlestiff.

We got a pretty good working version eventually (all the tricky bits were down to him mainly) but I've not see this posted up for general release either.

So that is yet another map I am sitting on that could go public domain at some point.

So I would not say it is dead.

craig.

Old
  (#8)
TomTom

Smile Re: who still waypointing? - 08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigII View Post
Hi.

my old account "craig" has been banned by the spam police on this site.. . So this new account craig2 is my new one.
not certain why that happened but they have updated the software and still the real spammers get through to the off-topic forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigII
Anyway - I've waypointed rtcw te_tundra recently, but not made it public yet.

And I am working on one of my own rtcw maps - which was an on-again off-again development since about 2006 (!) due to time constraints.

That map is currently for rtcw - but could easily be recompiled for et at no extra cost. I am happy to make all of these available in the public domain, but have no current website to post them to.
Look forward to seeing an ET conversion, tried about a week of mapping myself but the time it takes and the fiddly bits put me off. I prefer a more time predictable project like waypointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigII
I did work on waypoints for (et) transmitter with bindlestiff.

We got a pretty good working version eventually (all the tricky bits were down to him mainly) but I've not see this posted up for general release either.

So that is yet another map I am sitting on that could go public domain at some point.

So I would not say it is dead.

craig.
Your (and the bindlestiff's) transmitter waypoint was included in the waypoint pack Fritz2_1.00. (the bindlestiff version-ed it rev. 2.50)

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#9)
craigII
Old Member (aka Craig)

Smile Re: who still waypointing? - 10-11-2009

Thanks for the quick reply TomTom.
Glad to see you still stay in touch with Mal.
I got my own entity issue resolved.
It was one of the entity keys.
DMG of 400 works.
DMG of >= 800 doesn't work.
It could be that the magic value of 512 is the cutoff, but I have no idea why Mal even included cutoff checking.
Perhaps it was some accident involved in casting of datatypes in C..?
(or some dodgy coding.....)

Anyway - I will be moving ahead with getting the RTCW ver finished, and get in touch about how best to incorporate it.

The ET conversion of the map could be more problematic.
I am pretty familliar with most MP entities under gtkradiant and RTCW
But ET entities, (as I've discovered), are mostly different, and ET is not backwards compatible.
Q3MAP2 dumbly compiles it all ok, and nothing suggests it will fail (as it does) with no clues and a big crash of ET.

So I need to find a basic mapping for ET website, and work out what the equivalent entity types are I need to start using.
I think I'll leave all the complex entites for someone with more time on their hands.

But I will persevere, and if I can get it work, I'll include the .map - so others can compile it also, and take it further if they want to, or learn from it.

Craig.

Old
  (#10)
mikeqc

Default Re: who still waypointing? - 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeqc View Post
map i wish it could be waypoint.mlb_beach,mp_tram,theriver2redux,1944_bea ch.thx in advance tomtom(!LOL)bye.
Is there a waypoint for mp_tram on rtcw wolfenstein?,if yes, can it be convert to ET?