meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

new idea!
Old
  (#1)
person135

Default new idea! - 07-01-2008

hey guys! long time! I have a new idea! One thing I realize that makes bots so unrealistic is the that they dont exit and leave the server. What I mean is, when you look at a real server, players are coming in and leaving constantly. So I propose you have a function that kicks and adds bots randomly.

Re: new idea!
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: new idea! - 08-01-2008

I don't think that this is really needed feature because of that the bots don't have ping(and there is not way to make them have), so when in server there are bots, they can be recognised very easy.

Old
  (#3)
person135

Default Re: new idea! - 18-01-2008

well of course people know they are bots, but adding that feature would make it more realistic. You guys never listen to me. What's wrong with adding that idea? You guys don't seem to have any other bots agendas on your hands right now. No new updates really, so why not incorporate my idea?

I'm only trying to make bots more realistic you know? There are some fundamental things that make a bot server different from a real server, and one of those things is the constant entering and exiting of players. Bots can't enter and leave by themselves, so why not make a feature that does it for them?

also, is it hard to make bots only look at waypoints when there are no enemies around? It's really weird having them look in random places.

Old
  (#4)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

I think this is a good idea, but there may be flaws.
This may cause lag.
Removing a bot and then automaticly adding it again might cause lag. Since the bot is going to get kicked it will have to get the min_bots command and will join again. If a bot is going to get kicked there should be a count-down of like five to ten minutes before automaticly adding another bot. This way it may become noticable, but I don't think CS players constantly watch a server for a half-hour before joining it. Plus this seems long and complicated to me and would take alot of testing to get this idea finished correctly.

If you want it to be more realistic I would suggest kicking the bots yourself and then add it or more back.

Also when having no objective would cause them to go around randomly, that's why you should always have atleast one bot on each team.

I don't think your ideas are bad, I think this one is cool, but I don't think it is neccessary. Since games are getting better and bigger, this one may soon parish within the next decade.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by person135 View Post
I'm only trying to make bots more realistic you know? There are some fundamental things that make a bot server different from a real server, and one of those things is the constant entering and exiting of players. Bots can't enter and leave by themselves, so why not make a feature that does it for them?

also, is it hard to make bots only look at waypoints when there are no enemies around? It's really weird having them look in random places.

If they should leave and enter "randomly", You will get more frustrated than You are right now if they - for example - instead go with the hostage to the rescue point or while defusing/planting the bomb would decide to just "randomly" leave Your server. That doesn't have any sense at all...
And I'm working still on the code - once again unstuck code is researched and waypoint editor has been a bit re-written, prevent stucking on ladders, so You may expect the new beta during 2 weeks or so...

Old
  (#6)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Yeah KWo has a point about that "leaving server while planting/defusing".
Than you also have to put codes in so they can't leave while doing certain actions.
I'm not a coder but I think that is damn hard.

A new beta, aaaah I even couldn't play with the previous but hey: soon I'm able again to test maps/waypoints/bots and I'll give test-results on regular time.

Old
  (#7)
person135

Default Re: new idea! - 23-01-2008

By random I don't mean like while rescuing hostages or planting bombs. You make them leave when they're just walking around and such, not when they're planting bombs and such. You make them simulate real players. And I don't mean have them constantly leave and come back. I mean once in a while like every 5-10 minutes. Kicking and adding them manually just makes it less real you know?

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

You can write an amxx plugin which will do it for You, if You are using AMX X.

Old
  (#9)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Another thing You should remember - to have Your function working realistic, one bot should be kicked, but another one should come after a while. This is really how the people are joining/leaving the server. But the current state of podbot mm is to keep the same amount of players (including humans and bots) all the time. So to make Your function working really realistic, I should re-write the code keeping the constant amount of players on the server. But that was one of basic functions this bot has since the beginning and which makes it different from other bots (like RealBot, Joebot, CS bot etc).

Old
  (#10)
person135

Default Re: new idea! - 26-01-2008

well then you can add it as an option. like pb_botcontrol 0/1