.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

cs_italy_remake pwf needed
Old
  (#1)
op1e

Default cs_italy_remake pwf needed - 22-12-2004

I know you get many requests but I've been looking for this one for a while and google never turns up anything.

Re: cs_italy_remake pwf needed
Old
  (#2)
biohazerd87
Moderator by day Waypointer by night

Default Re: cs_italy_remake pwf needed - 22-12-2004

T Wrecks will need to cover this

i am currently working on getting the website back up after the entire server was owned like no other from a worm that got thru via another hosted person.... all the PHP/ASP/HTML pages are deleted but i have them backed up here, i just have to get them back up... i am really sorry about it

Old
  (#3)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

*covering*

Seriously: My CS went down the drain again - long story, don't wanna bore you with it. Anyway, I'm goint to reinstall today or tomorrow, and then I can have a look at that map. Hope you don't need it BEFORE christmas...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#4)
biohazerd87

sorry for the delay op1e
you have to relize that anything that can go wrong, without a doubt will go wrong and then when it seems like it is getting better... it explodes

Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Just a quick WIP notification: I'm currently working on that map, but given the fact that all rooftops are accessible now, it's going to take a while to waypoint all the roofs and, more importantly, all the jumps onto them and between them. I just spent an hour on that map, and I will need at least 3 more for finishing the waypoints, plus an hour or two of testing & debugging... I hope you can wait a few days, 'cuz I also got some other things cooking.

Old
  (#6)
op1e

Default Re: cs_italy_remake pwf needed - 23-12-2004

Thanks BKA and Bio, you guys really jumped on that quick and I'm glad. Its a great map, I dont even want to play any of the Italy's again after playing that map. My cs just went down last weekend to. I sold my P3 900 and bought a DFI board and amd 2400+ (2.0ghz) and my hard drive didnt quite take to all the system changes. At least I'll be screamin fast now and can run 32 players instead of 8. I'm still replacing all my weapon models and sound so I wont be playing for a couple days anyway. I figured the waypointing would be a challenge on that one. I'm gonna learn here soon and maybe I can give you guys a hand. I spend more time tweakin than playin anyway!

Old
  (#7)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: cs_italy_remake pwf needed - 23-12-2004

Hehehe, same here... it's sure nice to enjoy up-to-date custom models for weapons and players... plus nice custom maps, it almost makes CS look like a not quite so old mod.

Some interesting changes there... design & compile-wise, a rather horrible map, but the layout changes look promising with regard to gameplay, and after all, that's what counts most. If everything works out the way I want, there are going to be some pretty nice jumps and mean camp WPs...

Oh, and it would sure be nice to have another waypointer on the job!

Old
  (#8)
op1e

Default Re: cs_italy_remake pwf needed - 24-12-2004

Oh, man. I just screwed the pooch and gotta start over again! I almost wanna give up. Maybe a new thread should be started on what I'm about to tell you, but I tried that "CS/RU" (counterstrike realism update mod) and it wrecked everything. It replaced all models and made it so I couldnt reimplement my custom ones, which wouldnt have been so bad if everthing worked, but went online and damage did not work. I could shoot a bot or get shot all day and no damage would occur. I cant get on their forum either, their website is not responding. I ran across it on UKterrorist website and strongly recommend NO-ONE TOUCH IT!!!!. Even when it worked it lagged the crap out of my 2ghz system. It gives you a config to disable it but still screws everything up. So anyway, point is dont rush and enjoy your holiday. I'm gonna continue getting drunk and play RB6-3 until my rage passes

Old
  (#9)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Oh shit, you fell into the CSRU trap! That's bad indeed... I always point those stinking installers to a dummy directory and look at the stuff by hand... then I copy those few weapon or player models plus maybe some sounds into my CS folder (where I keep a backup of the default models and sounds, of course). My custom model collection is on a different partition anyway, and I only copy the files I need into my CS sub-folder.

Back to topic: I've finished placing waypoints (next to 700, a pretty nice sum), but I saw that there are one or two errors to smooth out.

Old
  (#10)
biohazerd87

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
I always point those stinking installers to a dummy directory and look at the stuff by hand... then I copy those few weapon or player models plus maybe some sounds into my CS folder (where I keep a backup of the default models and sounds, of course
thats what i do cause i learned the hardway the first time like op1e

to fix the probelm with the bots you have to replace the player models... the best thing to do is to back up ONLY the models for maps and wads and maps and crap like that, then delete the whole CSTRIKE dir and reinstal then put all the backup shit there