.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

"Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty
Old
  (#1)
g4s

Default "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty - 15-05-2004

Hi. I started the dedicated server with 24 max player and 16 bots last day. In about 24 hours, more than 30 players had connected. In theory, a bot should be kicked when a real player joins and added when a real player leaves. However, the "Auto Add Bot" sometimes didn't seem to work, eventually all the bots were kicked and made the server empty. The min_bots and max_bots had never been changed, they are always commented out.

Has anyone got this problem? Maybe I made some mistakes on configuration, just wanna confirm this.

Thanks for any information.

Re: "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty
Old
  (#2)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty - 15-05-2004

yea I experienced this too..
but the real problem is because when a bot gets kicked and the map changes but someone leaves or fails to load next map or times out during loading new map, now after that person is gone, a bot won't be added.
Then if a person joins, another bot is kicked and it goes on...

Old
  (#3)
JayBaen

Default Re: "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty - 16-06-2004

Is there a valid solution to this?

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBaen
Is there a valid solution to this?
Yes. Try to set min_bots at value You want (if You want at_least 4 bots on the server - put there 4). Last week we losed much time, becasue there is a new look at this function auto add/remove bots and I made many tests and sPlOrYgOn made few beta dlls, but problem is still not solved. I proposed change this auto remove moment not like now - at player's connecting, but at player's entering the game. This is much more sure moment of joining player , but in other hand if player is downloading map or some wad or sounds files, this time slot is still used (bot is not kicked in my way) - so another player can't connect (if maxplayers actually is reached). Probably it's possible write much more complicated logicto solve this situation (if maxplayers is reached - kick bot immediately at player conect; else kick bot at player enter the game). But who can do this now? What's a pity I'm not a coder.

Actually it seems, like waypoints' colours is much more important topic...

Old
  (#5)
JayBaen

Except, even with "minbots" set, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4s
the "Auto Add Bot" sometimes didn't seem to work, eventually all the bots were kicked and made the server empty.
still happens. Eventually, all the bots are removed and they don't re-add on thier own. I 'think' I understand the problem, but it seems as if many (if not all) of the people using this bot would have this problem. No?

Is there anyone who has the "minbots" setting working correctly, such that bots re-add when players leave?

JB

Old
  (#6)
Huntkillaz

but doesnt the podbot.cfg get read every new map

if so would instead of having addbot lines..use pb fillsever might work?

●_•

Old
  (#7)
JayBaen

The podbot.cfg file does not get read every new round/map. The 'mapchangecfgfile' DOES work, however at every map change, but does not affect bots as clients connect/disconnect.

I can use 'pb fillserver' via /rcon to pull the bots back in, but that's not the point. I'm looking for an automated bot solution to give the server a 'constantly active' feel.

I'm really just curious if anyone has the 'addbot' command actually working as intended, with bots coming and going as players join and/or exit.

JB

Old
  (#8)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBaen
Except, even with "minbots" set, this:
still happens. Eventually, all the bots are removed and they don't re-add on thier own. I 'think' I understand the problem, but it seems as if many (if not all) of the people using this bot would have this problem. No?
Is there anyone who has the "minbots" setting working correctly, such that bots re-add when players leave?
Speaking about "auto add / auto kick bot when player join/left" for this momment is pointless. It's because sPlOrYgOn totaly changed the specification of this function and the meaning of min_bots max_bots variable. You can read this long discussion in two threads.
Here is the start of this discussion (there are also some posts about WP's colours):
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...9&postcount=50
and here You have the explanation why sPlOrYgOn decided to change this:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...84&postcount=4
and also there is continuation of this topic.

In some post sPlOrYgOn said something about roll-back this function, but seems he is actually much more busy by changing colours of WP's about 5 times a day...

So for now need more Your patience and only You have to wait. Or ask him directly what about this topic.

Old
  (#9)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty - 17-06-2004

KWo.. don't set my priorities..
you can set my priorities after you pay me

now that you've said I did change the functionality.. I wouldn't want you to be wrong so I will change the functionality to what I was going to make it to be..

autoaddremove is gone.. I don't think I'll put it back in..

[edit]
btw changing the WP colors wasn't the most important thing to me..
I was just doing that since it was only changing a few numbers..
But while I was doing that I was also trying to do other things..
such as their aiming... and also I found a bug while changing the wp colors..
the crash that would happen if you turned waypoints on and didn't change anything and you had experience files and went to Node #0..
Try doing that with R2.1 and lower.. it'll cause a crash..

and about this bug in this thread...
I'll probably just make it like how you want it so this can all just stop...
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 17-06-2004 at 02:26..

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: "Auto Add/Kick Bots" Enevtually Make Server Empty - 17-06-2004

Why are You so angry at me? You didn't see this smile I put in my post (). I believe You if You made so many bugs fixes last time, but in other hand when You look at the forum - the most frequently topic is WP colour. Look how many posts about this were last time. Sufficient for some new monster thread.

About priorites... Show me even one my post where I said "Stop changing this f***ing WP colour, do autoaddremove back or something"? I said only - "there are a lot of work to do described in bug's idea's thread". Even I can't smile?
Please - more smilies.
About this "like I want" - it's not 100% true, only me I want this. The problem is PMB and Austin are much more busy now, so they can't say "do in this, or that way". Waypointers don't care how this function is working, but if I remember good few people said the same like me. So - who can say something to this topic? I keep only one point - safety existing bots servers. I'm agree for all modification possible to activate and desactivate (if somebody doesn't want). But in this topic there isn't this possibility. Only becasue of this I deffend the previous functionality (regardless if Your new is better or not).
Maybe You need only express this what You made to one cvar (new functionality , old functionality). How many work You have to put to do this? In this case all people will be happy.

Maybe because of my many posts in this topic You can feel some pressure from me to change this back - believe me - I would like to listen only what these two men want to say in this topic and me - I shut up and wait only...
Maybe only I speak (write) too much. But because I remember my firsts posts at this forum and many times You didn't understand what I meant. I hope even last time all I write is clear.

BTW - what exactly did You change in AIM code? Is this working now this code from BOTAIM plugin or not (You saw the same like me before - bot looking up or down)?