.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

pod bot waypoint delete
Old
  (#1)
Huntkillaz

Default pod bot waypoint delete - 22-04-2004

just wondering is it possible to go 'wp delete 13' in console to delete node 13?
coz i tried it but it just deletes the waypoint i'm standing at if i am standing at..

if it hasn't been implemented could we have it implemented...i guess it would be a paramater check on the wp delete function where if a no. is giiven then delete that no. else delete current waypoint entity is at....??

line 535 waypoint.cpp where a big if then would be stuck in?

also is it possible to create a backup folder for if creator=name then backto name folder? (ie in console: backup soulfather) will make a folder (soulfather) in wptdefault or better in a directory defined in podbot.cfg...but only happens in wpt editing mode when u ask it to....

●_•

Last edited by Huntkillaz; 22-04-2004 at 13:43..

Re: pod bot waypoint delete
Old
  (#2)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: pod bot waypoint delete - 22-04-2004

1. This should be moved to the "ideas" forum. Moddy, please!

2. I'm not sure if it's very wise to delete a WP if you don't even see it. Then again, it's in the waypointer's responsibility...
Besides, I don't know if the upcoming version will provide the possibility to delete a WP by pointing at it and if it's possible to combine these two ways of deleting WPs.

All in all, I'm wondering if the benefits of such a function would outweigh the risk of accidentally deleting a wrong WP. If you hit the del key while standing on a WP, you know exactly which one you are deleting. And if you hit the del key accidentally, you see what happens and where it happens. But if you make a typo when entering the # of a WP to delete, you don't see anything... just a thought.

Now to that backup thingy: I think the way I work is different from yours, so I don't see some points because they are simply not an issue for me. This is one of these cases where I'm not really sure what this idea would improve and why you'd need it. Mind you, I don't want to criticise here or say that it's a bad idea - I'm just not sure if I have understood your point yet. Could you explain this backup idea a bit in detail? What do you want to improve / prevent and why? Just to get the whole concept; this sounds interesting.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#3)
SoUlFaThEr

i think he wants to catalog by wp author inside the wptdefault folder.

i dont think this is a bad idea......

his initial question fit in this forums so im leaving it here but asking the following:

do that HK please, post those ideas seperately in the ideas forum. think before you post and about where you post what OK bud?
im a stickler for that stuff

keep up th3 brainstorming

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 22-04-2004 at 15:43..

Old
  (#4)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUlFaThEr
i think he wants to catalog by wp author inside the wptdefault folder.

i dont think this is a bad idea......
Ah, if this is it, it's indeed not a bad idea. However, what happens when there are two WP files for one map, each inside a different waypointer's folder?

Old
  (#5)
SoUlFaThEr

T Wrecks found the first bug

hehehe

Old
  (#6)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: pod bot waypoint delete - 23-04-2004

I wonder if my ways of working are really so old-fashioned.
I have all my own, finished WPs in a separate folder, and the ones I'm using in wptdefault. And if It think that I'd like to check the one I have for cs_shootme, I look at it. And if I want to know who waypointed cs_shootme, I doubleclick cs_shootme.pwf and read the name. And if I know that this cs_shootme.pwf sux0rs, I rename it to cs_shootmeOLD.pwf and start a new one. And as soon as it's finished, tested and debugged, I keep it in wptdefault and copy it into my "finished" folder on a different partition. And when CS goes down the drain the next time, all tested and approved WPs by other people are in one backup folder, and my own in another one. And as soon as CS is up again, I copy these two folders into wptdefault, so there are either good WPs there or none at all. If there's none, I look for one in my third archive (many, but untested), test it and... well, next round, same game.
But still it's cool that there are other people who think of different ways! I really like how much Huntkillaz is contributing - it shows that he thinks. He doesn't just accept things (like I seem to do), he wonders and ponders... that's good.
The only downside is that he sometimes makes me think I'm the only one who keeps happily fooling around with stone-age methods and doesn't even realise there could be so much more features...

Old
  (#7)
Huntkillaz

sorry sf but i did not know if doing 'wp delete no." was possible i thought i may have been doing something wrong...

the reason i wanted to know if we can implement it was coz i was wp a map and fell off the edge with autowp on......so i accidentally made waypoints but some of them went right off the map where i can't even see em using wp find....so if wp delete no. was possible then i could just use find to get the no. and delete it

it will also be usefull in other areas i presume....and "I'm not sure if it's very wise to delete a WP if you don't even see it" well first u have to goto console n type it ...which will reduce the error alot and maybe we could have a "save no check" done b4 it deletes it..the rest of the errors will be wp'ers fault

2) the reason i thought of the second one was i got ur guys wp for the bots ....but i wanted to redo someof those maps (not that their bad just preference thing) so after redoing em since the only way to know who's who is playing the map. i wanted to seperate mine from the rest...so maybe later i can release em

would help other waypointers too...

>BKA< T Wrecks:
"Ah, if this is it, it's indeed not a bad idea. However, what happens when there are two WP files for one map, each inside a different waypointer's folder?"

well it 's not like that basically it works like this: the wpt folders are as they r now (where any wpt of the same map overwrites the) old...now if i wanted to backup sf's wp then i execute the command in console possibly while in wpt mode...it will only copy wpt's made by sf into a folder called sf. but the originals will still be in the wpt default folder....

so now u'll have a wpt default folder with everyones wpt's and another folder within wpt deafult (or maybe make another folder cstrike\wptbackup\ (better here i think) ) called sf with a copy of sf's waypoints.

if sf makes a new version later on and i decide to back that up using the command the old ones will be written over..

so the bots won't be confused by 2 sets of wyapoints they will just use the whole thing as they r now..but for wpt package n safety purposes wpt'ers can have backups

hope this clears up what i'm trying to say

●_•

Last edited by Huntkillaz; 23-04-2004 at 00:28..

Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Damn, we've been writing at the same time!

Ok, the wp delete problem: Dp you know the # of these waypoints? Can't you teleport there? Or go where you fell down in noclip mode? Anyway, that's one more reason not to enable autowaypointing...

Ok, NOW I got your idea with the WP backup thingy. Yes, that sounds good! As I mentioned in the post I wrote just before, I'll stick to my stone-age methods (me build waypoints, me rename old file), but I'm sure there would be people who'd appreciate that feature. Good one! Let's see what our coding department says...

Old
  (#9)
SoUlFaThEr

yes Huntkillaz.........noclip is the way to go.......in our new DLL......which will be released as soon as the knife problem is fixed and i then take out ALL friggin button flags from every waypoint again...GRRR but worth it!....you will be able to turn on noclip AND off without have to turn off waypoints !!!

nice feature (i find it great for testing my jump/climb map projects)

you REALLY do not need the wp del no. commands anymore.......for no reason at all.....just chill till the release duder i promise yer gonna love it.......all of you.

i like the seperate folder idea a lot.....just dont know if its possible.....or who will do it.....

still since its lost in this thread where no one is looking for IDEAS........please make a new thread with this idea. and explain it as clearly as your last post (copy paste?)

yer working with us here and i like it too go go go

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 23-04-2004 at 03:58..

Old
  (#10)
>BKA< T Wrecks

So you can finally toggle noclip mode w/o having to exit wp editing mode?
Whoooaaaaa, what a relief!!! You know, I lost loads of work 2 times when I turned wp off after a little "noclip" session, and suddenly the map restarted wothout saving anything... > That was so frustrating! Good to know that this dirty little PITA is removed.
Can't wait to get my hands on this new dll...