.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb
Old
  (#1)
Tekidek

Smile Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb - 03-11-2012

Hi, I'm new here.

So PODBot-mm is the bot i've tried so far, so let me first congratulate you guys for it

I usually play bots at Advanced difficulty, and sometimes when they try to shoot me through wall, they do weird turns, and end up shooting the sky a bit, or even the floor. It's quite common. I think the bots should aim more like humans do :p

Also, sometimes the T bot with the bomb stand around a bit. He just aims or walk around the bomb site before really planting - sometimes he does not plant. Is there a way to tweak this, so that planting the bomb could be more of a priority? I mean, in online play ppl immediately go for the objective.

That's it for now. Sorry for my bad english.

Re: Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb
Old
  (#2)
buktor

Default Re: Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb - 03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekidek View Post
Hi, I'm new here.

So PODBot-mm is the bot i've tried so far, so let me first congratulate you guys for it

I usually play bots at Advanced difficulty, and sometimes when they try to shoot me through wall, they do weird turns, and end up shooting the sky a bit, or even the floor. It's quite common. I think the bots should aim more like humans do :p

Also, sometimes the T bot with the bomb stand around a bit. He just aims or walk around the bomb site before really planting - sometimes he does not plant. Is there a way to tweak this, so that planting the bomb could be more of a priority? I mean, in online play ppl immediately go for the objective.

That's it for now. Sorry for my bad english.
I believe that there is need to go into the source code bot!

Re: Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb
Old
  (#3)
Tekidek

Default Re: Bots shooting the sky / No priority at planting bomb - 05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by buktor View Post
I believe that there is need to go into the source code bot!
Hmmm... I don't know anything about that.

One thing I discovered, is that the bots behave much better if you change their aim type from botaim2 to constante angle turn. IMO, it is more realistic and they shoot better.

I still don't know how to make them prioritize the goal; the CTs don't immediately go for the bomb when it is plant, and sometimes the Ts, instead of defending the bomb, decide to run around the map. Maybe it is something with their personality? I always put them on normal (I use fill server), IDK exactly what happens on agressive and defensive.