.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

official bots?
Old
  (#1)
nasht

Default official bots? - 08-06-2004

Hi,

I thought since 1.6 Counter-Strike had "official" bots?
Isn't true?

The truth is that until yesterday I was playing with a cracked CS 1.6 (http://cs.rin.ru/download-cs16-non-steam-eng.html). This version came with some bots. I don't know their names and I thought they were the "official" ones.
So when I installed the real version of CS 1.6 with Steam, I tried in the console to type "add_bot" but it was an unkown command.

Which bots should I install? Knowing that I'm a beginer. I don't want to create maps for my bots or whatever ... I'm just a casual CS player, not that good, who want to be able to play with some bots sometime to train myself, or because online players are too good for me, or just to play local with some friends ...

Thank You,

Nathan

Re: official bots?
Old
  (#2)
Bill

Default Re: official bots? - 08-06-2004

Only Counterstrike: Condition-Zero has official bots, and to use those bots without owning a license to CS:CZ is illegal. Also, downloading and using files that were modified in that way may be illegal as well.

All of the bots hosted by Bots-United are well developed, it's simply a matter of personal preference. I suggest you try them all and see which one you like the best!

You can download bot binaries here:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/pafiledb.php

(Though I'm not sure if they would work with a version modified in that way)

Old
  (#3)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

well the bots were tested on cs1.6 last year.. for about a month or so..

Old
  (#4)
dead bwoy

yea I believe that's the leaked Z-Bot, provided by our russian friends...
For more info on the legal CSBot which is included with CS:Condition Zero, visit the official forums @: http://www.turtlerockstudios.com/forums/csbot/
Z-Bot is highly frowned upon by both forums!

Old
  (#5)
nasht

isn't there a way to use these official "CSbot" with Counter-Strike instead of CZ?

Also, you said that choosing your bot is just a question of taste. I think you should put on this website a kind of table to show the differences between bots, so that one can easily sees what he likes best, no?

You said : "(Though I'm not sure if they would work with a version modified in that way)".
I uninstalled the illegal version before installing the legal one, so my CS version is the same as everyone else now. I went out of the dark side

Last edited by nasht; 08-06-2004 at 02:35..

Old
  (#6)
dead bwoy

CSBot is only available to Czero purchasers, and only available on czero servers. Try any of the bots in here for Cstrike! I prefer Joe, Real, or Pod-bots for my cstrike server. And I just can't wait for RACC Bot!!! A comparison chart for all bots-united bots would be excellent!!!

Old
  (#7)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Yeah, a comparison chart would be nice - kind of like "defuses bombs - yes / no / with problems", "uses lifts - yes / no / depends" and stuff.
Of course, a table will never be the real deal, as there is much that can't be expressed in a table. For example, PB 2.6mm and JoeBot are both capable of throwing grenades, but from what I heard, JoeBot is much better at it, especially with HEs (and I'm saying that as PB 2.6mm user, before anyone gets a wrong impression). Then there are questions like "how often do bots throw grenades" which can hardly be answered in a table. I mean, what would an entry like "quite often" actually tell?
And last but not least, for all waypointed bots there are two important questions: 1) Are waypoints easy to get, do they exist for many maps? and 2) If not, are they easy to make? .
But in general, I think a comparison chart could be nice, especially if it came with some space for comments in order to explain things that are beyond yes & no.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#8)
dead bwoy

it would also need to be constantly updated

Old
  (#9)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: official bots? - 09-06-2004

yea and also make sure you include the version numbers along with the bot names..
so we won't have someone says "HEY THIS CHART IS WRONG THEY CAN'T PLANT THE BOMB!!!"
then we'd have to tell that person to update or something..

Old
  (#10)
nasht

Default Re: official bots? - 09-06-2004

I see my innocent question warmed everyone up
Now all we need is the webmaster to read this post.
Are you here?
I've been searching for another website that would have this comparation chart, but nothing so far. This website could be the first one to do it. Hurry!

PS. Sorry for my sometimes-not-that-good English.