meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Re: waypoints
Old
  (#11)
vietnam

Default Re: waypoints - 18-03-2004

for some reason my ivp bot don't recognize the waypoint of a podbot i download from http://server.counter-strike.net/map....php?order=pop. i try to put waypoint load in console but didn't work.
someone help

Old
  (#12)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: waypoints - 18-03-2004

Chances are that the waypoint file is simply corrupt, broken or outdated (or all of it). That happens sometimes. Normally, waypoints offered on any CS site aren't checked. Try entering the map name plus "waypoint" plus "download" in google, and look for an alternative download. For most maps, there are many waypoint files available.
Or just tell me for which map you need a waypoint. I'm a PODBot waypointer and in addition to the waypoints I made myself (check the waypointing forum and d/l the WP made for de_karachi01 as a quality sample if you like) I have a fairly good (and extensive) collection of checked and working waypoint files made by other authors.
Or does this error occur with EVERY waypoint file? If this were the case, your problem would be more difficult to solve...

Old
  (#13)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: waypoints - 19-03-2004

Heyyo,

I'm the official waypointer of E[POD]bot, and I release high-quality waypoints. I don't use any autowaypointing, I place all my waypoints, manually... 1...by... 1 to make sure I get the job done good the 1st time.

I'm not sure if my waypoints are compatible with IvPBot, cause I had to redo some waypoints that caused problems for EPB that are originally from PODbot...

But you can still try them. I've done at least 80 maps. All the official ones, and some mappacks such as the bikkini zone ones, and the 52 hrs mapping contest, and the high-rez mappack... and a few others...

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#14)
>BKA< T Wrecks

*LOL* What more could a CS player in need of waypoints dream of? All the waypointers come rushing in and offer their services... Now all that's left is the name of the map...

@ MarD: So far I've never looked at one of your WPs. I think I'm gonna d/l E[POD]Bot to see a bit of your -doubtlessly good- work. It's always interesting to see how other waypointers solve problems...

Old
  (#15)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Lol, well, I think a sweet built in autowaypointer like PODbot v3 was gonna have, sigh, oh well...

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#16)
violentxuprising

if anyone of the pro waypointers are still offering their help, i like to ask for the fy_neighbours map by pit, http://www.pitrd.com/pit/website/maps/neighbours.html is the link. thanks so much for any help i can get. looks like a real fun map.

-george

Old
  (#17)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Just d/l'ed the map. Looks nice indeed. I'll check it for bot compatibility first and see if it would make sense to waypoint it. If so, consider work on this map in progress...

@ MarD: Hehe, yeah- a really good autowaypointer would be nice. But I just can't imagine how you'd get one to work that produces as good results as hand-made waypoints. Btw, checked some of your WPs - nice! It was interesting to see how you solved the ladder problem in cs_backalley. In cs_hive_apc, there are similar ladders, but I chose a totally different way there. It works, too, but who knows when there might be an occasion where one of the two methods is betteror easier than the other?
All in all I gotta say that if all pwf's on the net were on the level TAZ, SoUlFaTheR, you and other great waypointers produce, things would be perfect. But alas, there are still so many 12 kB waypoints out there...

Old
  (#18)
>BKA< T Wrecks

> Damn... I've waypointed the map, added a map description taken from the mapper's homepage and made a nice HLTV overview for this map, wrapped it all up in a zip, completely with correct folder structure, but BU won't let me upload any larger files. I tried with just the Overview zip, but not even that worked.

Ok, so here's at least the waypoint.

Please keep in mind that this WP has been edited with Austin's WP editor for PMB's PodBot 2.5 plugin. As you know, waypoints are generally compatible, but there may be some tricky connections where differences in the bots' behaviour do exist. I tested this one with PodBot 2.5, and it worked fine. I hope it'll work with IvPBot, too. Let me know what you think...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PB_WP_fy_neighbours.zip (21.8 KB, 365 views)

Old
  (#19)
violentxuprising

Thanks a million >BKA< T Wrecks for all your help!!!

-george

Old
  (#20)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Yeah, I like to do my ladders like that, so if a bot's trying to go down, and another one's tryin' to climb up, the one goin' down should leap off if he makes it that far, lowering the chance of stuck bots on ladders.

Rock Hound. (<Link)