Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > IvPBot
IvPBot Another PODBot's evil descendance by KaCaT Counter-Strike

Re: waypoints
Old
  (#21)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: waypoints - 20-03-2004

@violentxuprising: Glad you like it. So apparently it works well on IvPBot, too. That's good to hear.

@MarD: The next time I'll waypoint a map with such ladders I'm gonna try that method. Btw, you saved me the trouble of waypointing as_riverside. Recently, I d/l'ed that map, tried a WP I had on my HD and found out that it sucked. Then I tried yours - yes, that's more like it. I just wonder if there's a particular reason why you didn't waypoint that way through the shootable wooden barriers that block the tunnel right at the CT spawn point. Did you want the VIP not to waste his little ammo on those barriers? In that case it may be possible to have bots jump over them...

Old
  (#22)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: waypoints - 20-03-2004

Heyyo,

TY for the compilent man, I appreciate it.

As for that wooden barrier... I diddn't know about that. Lol, thanks for bringing that to my attention. If there's any other things I missed/should fix, just tell me, I'll fix em' up, and post a fixed version of my as_riverside waypoints on my site, and give some credit to ya.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#23)
orbit

Default Re: waypoints - 21-03-2004

does anyone has a working way point for cs 1.6 aztec?
all waypoints i was able to find seem not to work correctly bots are staring at the walls at spawns.

thanks

Old
  (#24)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

CS 1.6 aztec eh? I'll check that with my bot later tnite', and if my waypoints don't work, I'll make some.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#25)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
As for that wooden barrier... I diddn't know about that. Lol, thanks for bringing that to my attention. If there's any other things I missed/should fix, just tell me, I'll fix em' up, and post a fixed version of my as_riverside waypoints on my site, and give some credit to ya.
Well, the only other thing I found is a tiny bug concerning a jump connection. There's a spot in the map where a bridge runs across the river and leads into a corridor inside the building. Directly over the corridor entrance there's a window. You made an awesome jump connection from the window into the water next to the bridge (I wouldn't have thought of that, gotta admit that) - and that WP editor automatically made an undesired one-way connection down to the WP on the bridge. If bots follow this connection, they'll lose at least 18 health points. The connection in question is from node #622 to #217.

Old
  (#26)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Ok, I'll get right on that, thanks man.

I finished waypointin' DE_Aztec for cs 1.6 btw. Lol, if you load up the original de_aztec waypoints, you can see why they weren't working right... they moved the whole map over to the left, and down a little!!! :o

So of course the waypoints would still be programmed for pre-cs 1.6, so since the bots don't know how levels look, they tried to follow the waypoints... that sometimes whent through walls.

I rewaypointed de_aztec from scratch, cause the orig. waypoints weren't salvagable. *Sighs* Oh well, guess it happens eh?

As usual, de_aztec's a CT advantage map, and it shows with the bots. I tried to place my important waypoints to try to even it out, but no big change, they still got pwned.

I'll post em' waypoints on my website in a few mins.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#27)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: waypoints - 23-03-2004

Heyyo,

Well, since I can't edit my last post, I'mma just double post, sry.

Anywho, fixed up as_riverside, props go to >BKA< T Wrecks for pointin' out a few quirks with my waypoints.

Lol, I seriously diddn't see that 1 from the window, guess since it went straight down, it went under my nose undetected.

I'm postin' the fixed waypoints on me website right after this...

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#28)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: waypoints - 23-03-2004

Great! I'll d/l and try it immediately - thanks!!!

Old
  (#29)
REQLESS

Default Re: waypoints - 30-03-2004

Hey, heres the problem on de_aztec in 1.6 for me and all of my friends. We play bots for practice when we cant scrim or pug. Frankly pubbing is boring because any newbie and a deagle can random you so we would rather work on our reaction time with bots than with people because people complain and blah blah blah blah and id rather go 1 v 12-16 with bots then 10 v 10 with people. anyways, on de_aztec 1 v 12 when im a terrorist the CTs just sit in spawn and wait for me. When i fill up the server SOMETIMES they rush out to DD and bridge but rarely all of them do forcing me to hunt them down when i really just want some aim practice. This is a very common problem i just realized no one has posted on it. Everyone i know who uses IvP bots for CS 1.6 says man i wish they had aztec because its the best 1v 10+ bot map except awp_map which gets boring FAST.

Please help!!!

Old
  (#30)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: waypoints - 31-03-2004

Heyyo,

Download my waypoints man, cause the ones that you probably have are for pre-cs 1.6 versions of DE_Aztec.

You just put the new de_aztec.pwf into your wptdefault folder tha's inside your ivpbot folder tha's in your counter - strike directory.

Most likely:
Steamapps\(Your e-mail address)\counter - strike\cstrike\ivpbot\wptdefault\

If you type: "pathwaypoint on" in the console, you'll see what I mean. Waypoints through the walls, and up in the air. Because most of the time when you recompile maps, it doesn't always ends up in the exact same coordinates as the last compile, and so this update threw them off, in other words, unlucky.

Rock Hound. (<Link)