.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server)
Old
  (#1)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Idea Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 31-03-2009

yup

1. ppl love respawns
2. this way the game flow isnt broken. he just respawns and the game goes on. This way player will stay for sure.

pb_respawn
pb_respawn_user

Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server)
Old
  (#2)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 31-03-2009

You mean that the player ( if he/she is alone on a server ) respawns during a round?

I think that's kinda breaking the cs code, cause the game is configured ( and intended ) to stay dead till the next round* ( *the next round for everybody ).
Unless using deathmatch mode or maybe even with some other ones.

This might be cool if it could be implanted in the bot code ( without the use of a mod ) but personally I don't like respawns ( during rounds ).
if it would go, as long as it can be turned on/off ( like most "pb_" commands ).
Now let's see what our podbot developer feels about this

P.s.: I would keep pb_autokill since there might be people who really like ( and use ) this feature and they would be dissappointed if it would be overwritten by this one ( that they might not like at all )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#3)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 31-03-2009

I think he is rather trying to tell us about the situation:
CSDM is on, last human-player got killed and pb_autokill slayed all bots. But maybe for some reason CSDM doesn't respawn those slayed by pb_autokill bots, but since CSDM developers don't have time to fix that in their code, he is thinking about workaround in pb mm code. Very sorry - but this is not the right way to code anything... Anyway last days I even don't have time to look into pb mm code to think about any new features.

Old
  (#4)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 01-04-2009

Ok I wasn't thinking that he maybe meant this while in zombie mod.
If so, normal bot play isn't affected.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#5)
CS1.6
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Idea Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 27-02-2010

No,

what i actually meant is, that me beeing an admin of servers since 2005 make the same experience with different users from all over the world again and again.

90% of users leave the server after the bots autodie a few times.

I don't know what exactly the reason is. It may be that the autodie disrupts the whole gameplay for the user or that the user becomes more and more aware of the fact that he is just playing with bots after all others die when he dies.

And i can guarantee you that the user wouldn't leave the server if the user would just be respawned after he dies instead of all the bots beeing autokilled.

That's all.

It might sound like a minor issue but for the admin having users leaving all time it might be a great update.

Now i don't even know if it is possible to have a user respawn code in PBmm. Might even be ridiculous of having such a code in PBmm but that observation about users leaving is true and the solution would work 100%.

Depends how much you want to optimize all aspects of PBmm.

Old
  (#6)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Respawn instead of pb_autokill (if only 1 player on server) - 28-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1.6 View Post
I don't know what exactly the reason is. It may be that the autodie disrupts the whole gameplay for the user or that the user becomes more and more aware of the fact that he is just playing with bots after all others die when he dies.

And i can guarantee you that the user wouldn't leave the server if the user would just be respawned after he dies instead of all the bots beeing autokilled.
Depends how much you want to optimize all aspects of PBmm.
The autodie function has been asked to be added exactly to prevent waiting human players on the server when only bots are alive. Some admins asked that, some others don't like this function.

I don't want to mix/copy CSDM functionality (and that has nothing to optimizing pb mm code). If respawning the player after he gets killed is the way to keep players on the server, just install there CSDM (that way everybody is respawned after dieing - bots and humans, so nobody can notice different server behaviour for bots/humans). Because the fact players are becoming aware they are playing against bots is the reason they are leaving the server (I know this form other posts on this forum when users have asked me and other bots coders to add random ping for bots).